It was a 3 1/2 hour drive to Hendersonville from Florence. A very pleasant one as it was striclty I-20 and I-26 all the way!
Maddie caught a nap (as she always does in the car!)
The ever present "Boy" snoozed with her too. Won't this make a terrific blackmail picture when she's older Ha! Ha!
When we got to our Hotel they HAD some snow, Maddie had to pick up some of it.
I know, she doesn't have on a coat and it WAS cold, however she just got out of the car and ran to the snow. We were going from the car straight inside and she never wears a coat in the car. My sister sent me a text immediately bawling me out for her not having on a coat(as I had put this on f@cebook too!)
We left the hotel to get some dinner and when we came outside it was snowing like CRAZY! Madison was SO excited!!! She was trying to catch snowflakes on her tongue.
I decreed from now on a coat was to be worn no matter what or my sister was going to kill me!
The short ride over the mountain from our Hotel had some beautiful scenery and winding snow roads! We loved it!
We were headed to "Moonshine Mountain" to go snow tubing! Here are the runs and someone had built an abominable snow man up there! Cool!
Maddie riding the lift up, they attach your tube to a pulley and it pulls you up the mountain OR you can walk but no way in !@#$% was I hiking up that mountain over and over. I noticed once I saw a person doing it they were in line for the lift next time around LOL
Me & Maddie in line, beside the pit fire. We had maybe a 5 minute wait before getting on the lift again. It was truly awesome. I didn't get to take any pictures from the top because you had to keep moving and on the way down - FORGET IT! We FLEW down so fast I had to hold on!
One time we went to the highest run and the guy informed us we had to go seperately - boom - down goes Stacy. Before I could even get my wits together, worried about Maddie, the guy said "she'll be fine" and shoves me and off I go. Holy Heck that run scared the BEJESUS out of me. You start down and then hit a rise and I SWEAR it was a SHEER drop down. I screamed like a fool, I was sure I was going to tumble right out of the tube but I didn't.
When I got to the bottom Stacy was trying to signal the guy NOT to send Madison down when - Whoosh - here she comes. I was praying my baby wouldn't fall out or get hurt and she looked absolutely petrified when she got close enought for us to see her little face. She made it fine though.
She was a little shaken, and said she did NOT want to do that run again.
I didnt' either! So we stuck to the middle one which was plenty fast believe me!
After tubing we went back to downtown Hendersonville to get something to eat.
Maddie picked this place (because she liked the idea of it being downstairs)
Actually the food was wonderful! I had boiled shrimp and some gumbo which came with french bread. OMG delicious!! We ate like pigs!
It really was an awesome trip. We spent two nights, and Madison swam in the pool both evenings. Stacy was a good sport and got in with her.
It was just so nice to be away, having fun together as a family.
I hope we can do it again - soon!

Looks like ya'll had a wonderful trip! I've never tried tubing, sounds fun! Oh, and I love that hat of yours! Pretty cool!
We missed the snow here this morning! Just wet and cold...kids are disappointed! :( But they did get a two hour delay for school! So it wasn't a total washout! LOL!
Stay warm this weekend! ~hugs, Rhonda :)
Very cute pictures...But I am still having a rough time with the text...It is just too hard for me to read. Maybe he could lighten up that RED or something---that is what it is---It's the lack of contrast....Thre is something about the color red and with the small black font against it...
I'm really sorry, my dear. It actually becomes painfl...
Sounds and looks like fun!
I love the old parental reaction of "I'm cold, so you need to put on a coat." You should teach Maddie to tell your sister "It's okay, I'm not an old woman like you."
Sounds like a wonderful vacation.
What fun memories you are building for Maddie!
We used to go tubing when my kids were small, but no fancy-schmancy lift where were! I had to walk up that big, ol' hill! But, of course, I'm tougher, real pioneer stock! [smirk]
Thanks for sharing that!
Sounds like a wonderful time! Glad you were all able to get away. :)
Little family trips make the best memories.
That looks like it was much fun. I have never been to an organized, lift driven slide run. Usually, we just find a steep spot with no trees and go for it. Once, I almost lost my 5 year old brother in an under-the-snow-river. Danger and snow sports are supposed to go together. Maddie is a hero.
Looks like a BLAST!!! (and I don't even like snow lol) Love the pics! Thanks for sharing them all with us. So glad you guys got to have such a great time!
Wow what fun times. Perhaps I should check that out next holiday season?
How Funnnn! I TOLKD you to wait on me..I was just about packed Patti!lolol(kidding)
I can't count the times my kiddo's dived right out of the car for something with me hollering(yes,I said hollering)"hey! put your coat on!!"
But I would get so tickled I'd forget my own coat too trying to get a pic of the few seconds of pure happiness in their eyes.
Maddie's a smart lil tootsy,I'm sure it didnt take long to go back for the coat.HA
I think kids have lizard skin...I wondered how many ppl were gona yell at me in big CAPS over A'million's video when he busted out Moms front door to play in the downfalling snow.I didn't have time to run after his butt w/ a coat! I grabbed my camera and video'd him going "ohhhh how purrrrrty...Mee Mee loooook"!
SNOW in Texas? And on Christmas too!? It was a friggin miracle Patti! For real.
Anyways...loving your hair..and the color is a smash hit!! Girl you are rockin'-it big time!
Lotsa huggggs!!
What a fun trip. The highest trail sounds really scarey to me too. I have lots of respect for your courage.
Your Christmas sounds great too. Love the Pandora. Someone really loves you to give you all of those beads.
These were two really great posts.
~hippo huigs~
Nice blog.
Wow...that looks like a great trip! My nine year old daughter would be so jealous of the sledding. She's a wild woman on the slopes.
What a WONDERFUL getaway!!!! And the pics are perfect!
I really miss your great pics. I hope you are able to come back - and post more! I'll be watching.
Post a Comment