Put On A Happy Face
Okay that title is a reminder for me - but looking at these pics definitely makes me happy!
We had a special visitor come back this year. She had a miniature elf last year that I had gotten from Amazon.com (as I didn't know fully what I was looking for). Well Wink was very well loved, some of you may remember my fracturing my ankle trying to move him one night ....
I found this book and the big Elf at the Christmas Shoppe at Southport Beach,NC and tucked it away.
Maddie and Daddy read the story "The Elf On The Shelf".
It details how Santa sends a special elf to watch over you starting around Thanksgiving.
His job is to report to Santa every night and fly back before morning (hence we have to keep thinking up places to move him to).
The child names the Elf and then is not allowed to touch the Elf or the magic will go away.
Madison is very very enchanted by this. She's a very whimsical child anyway. It makes me smile!


Meet our new (and permanent) Elf - "Sprinkles"

Madison visiting with "Santa" at the Darlington Christmas Tree Lighting. She knows he's not the REAL Santa but a helper :)

May the magic of Christmas be upon you and have blessed day!
16 comments:

When I saw the pic of the elf I was thinking to myself "When Elf's attack!" LOL

Anonymous

Love the pictures, thanks for the smiles. Have a great day.
Kim

Elves is gay. Especially when named Sprinkles.

elves is grant! especially when named grant.

sorry sis that pissed me off when i hear something is so gay. no wonder america is like it is. most parents teach there kids stupid shit like that and think its funny. sorry didnt mean to go off on your blog just pisses me off.

love the pics and loving my new job first day and bloggin from work already haha.

kisses!

WELL, I LIKE IT!!! I think it's a cute tradition. Anything that keeps a child's sense of the magic of Christmas alive is a good thing. Too many kids are introduced to way too many ugly truths at early ages. I'm all for supporting Sprinkles!

And BTW, gay isn't a bad thing, you guys. Get a clue.

Jes' sayin'.

yeah the way its said lynilu it can be and hurtful are you gay? if your not then you dont know how it can hurt.

im jes sayin!

I love it. Another Blogger friend of mine has an elf in her house too. He shows up in a different place every morning and her daughter has to look for him.

I just bought a really cute shirt in NYC for a little guy in my life. It says, "Santa, I can explain!"

Thanks for sharing part of your Christmas tradition.

~hippo hugs~

P.S. I'm with Lynnilu. People don't have a clue how hurtful they can be about gays.

~hh~

I cannot get over the first picture...I just love seeing pics of your husband and daughter...I still see a big biker dude with a teddy bear heart and I love it.

That's a great tradition. I miss those days when my son was small and still believed.

My nephews LOVE their Elf on A Shelf too! Love the pictures, very cute! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas sweetie!

Sprinkles needs to come to my house. Maybe he would make me clean and stay on top of things.

Big Bookstore sells those Elf on a Shelf things. I think it's a lil creepy and Big Brotherish. Just my opinion (and nearly everyone who works there).

MJ

I love the elf and my copy if I ever have a baby.

Such cool photos! Madison is growing so fast. Either that, or in my mind she was a tot just yesterday. Such a cutie! :)

Aw, totally cute photos!

Maddie's red shoes! You always have her looking so nice. :)