Thanksgiving Decor 2009
I can't find alot of my Thanksgiving decorations - I am hoping my Mother will take pity on me and give me some of hers.
She keeps saying she doesn't want to decorate anymore and she has some fabulous ones BUT I hope she does continue to decorate.
I think it lifts ones spirits. I remember as a kid, coming home from school and being beside my self, positively giddy with excitement because she had decorated for the upcoming holiday while I was at school.
I get it honest because my Mother has always decorated for every single holiday that comes down the pike! Valentines Day, St Patricks Day, Easter, May Day (flowers), 4th of July, Autumn, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas!

Here is the entranceway. I think it needs a little more "something" on the walls and i'll be in hot pursuit this week-end you can be sure of that! (well after I get done WORKING that is). Blah.

A close-up of the beautiful jeweled pumpkin wall hanging.

I'd like to find some snazzier pilgrims too but these will have to do... for now! I LOVE the sparkly leaves. These either came from the Dollar Tree or Wal Mart. Seriously!

This little turkey plate was so whimsical and colorful who could resist him?

Who could resist these two turkeys either? LOL

My turkey slide, I pretty much have something for every single holiday but i'm VERY picky about them. Cannot be too fussy. Out of several different turkeys i've seen this one remains my favorite for it's simplicity.

Ever thankful ....
15 comments:

glad to see you're having the same issue as I...I need Thanksgiving decor as well. I only have THREE things!!! LOL

Oh and it's it our Libra nature to always give differing opinions!! I love them too as long as the person is open to all.

I love to decorate for every holiday too. My favorite, of course, is still Halloween!!! Christmas is next.

Was in your neck of the woods yesterday.....thought I was going to drown with all of the rain.

Have a great week-end. Love the 2 turkeys!

I don't know if you've noticed, but there is not a lot of Thanksgiving decorations out there. It seems we go right from Halloween right into Christmas. I do love the things you have though.

wow, sorry I haven't been around! You've changed your site. It looks great!

I wish Thanksgiving was as big a deal in Canada as it is in the U.S. We just don't have the decorations or do it up as big as you do.

wow sis your just like my mom she decorates for every holiday this weekend were going out trying to find decorations cause im hosting this year. i know if i dont have turkey stuff all over the house mom will have a fit!

kisses

lookin' good Patty! I've got to get back to blogging. Just caught up on all of your post. I hate it we missed the Pecan Festival~Mark and I got the chance to go to the beach alone... couldn't hardly pass that one up.
LOVE the pic of you and Stacy looking at each other..great!

Let's get together soon. Mark is off next weekend...what are ya'll doing???

BTW~~~love the new look

You have some super cute Thanksgiving stuff! Love the beaded pumpkin hanging, and the pretty whimsical plate, and the awesome candlesticks, and the unique slide...I like it all! :) And Madison and "her friend Tom" are cutie-pies for certain!

I told Ash last weekend, that I might not put out as much Christmas stuff this year. She had a fit! I only meant to scale back a little bit! But she said it was tradition and I couldn't get lazy! LOL! When she put it that way, how could I resist! :)

~hugs, Rhonda

Anonymous

My mom is like yours, decorates for every holiday and season. I don't do as much decorating but I should, it does lift the spirits.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Kim

MJ

Gosh Kim beat me to my story--our mom decorates a lot. Bonanza is on our TV alot. Cowboy has seen every episode.

How did it get to be almost Thanksgiving??? I'm still recovering from the fact that Halloween has come and gone!
Well....Decorating is always fun, isn't it? (lol)

The pumpkin in your entry way is super pretty.

I love looking at your decorations! I'd leave the jeweled pumpkin up year round - too pretty!

I may have watched Bonanza yesterday.....just sayin....

You do decorate beautifully Patti. But two things made me laugh...Madison's smile and Lorne Greene starring in a re-run of "Bonanza"! :D)