Southern Girls
Southern Girls know you can never be...
too rich
or too blonde!

Southern girls have a distinct way with fond expressions:
"Y'all come back!"
"Well, bless your heart."
"Drop by when you can."
"How's your Mamma?"
"Love your hair."

Southern girls don't sweat... they glisten.

Southern girls know their summer weather report:
Humidity...Humidity...Humidity

Southern girls have more fun than should be allowed.


Southern girls know their vacation spots:
The Beach
The Beach
The Beach

Southern girls wear Flip Flops and Pearls

Southern girls know everybody's first name:
Honey
Darlin'
Sugah

Southern girls know the movies that speak to their hearts:
Gone With the Wind
Fried Green Tomatoes
Driving Miss Daisy
Steel Magnolias

Southern girls know their religion:
Football
Racing
Football

Southern girls know their country breakfasts:
Grits
Bacon
Country ham
Scrambled eggs
Mouth watering homemade biscuits

Southern girls know their cities, dripping with charm:
Charleston
Savannah

Y'all know Southern girls are quick on the drawl.

Southern girls know their prime real estate:
The Mall
The Salon
The Bar

Southern girls can teach anyone to flirt...
Slowly lower your eyelashes
Listen carefully to everything he says
Speak r-e-a-l slow
when all else fails -
Stick out your chest
Flip your hair

Southern girls know men come and go, but friends are fo'evah.


I was at a (don't laugh) party for GLORY southern vegetables. I didn't hold the can right! LOL


**** Seriously I am reading a book called "We're just like you - only prettier!" written by a southern belle and it is the funniest thing (to me). I actually went to school with girls who were like that!
12 comments:

WOW!! I'm number ONE! Yayyy!
Plus,I noticed you were on Michael Mannings blog at the very same time.Could it be...great minds think alike?lol
Loooove this post.love it.love it.love it.
Now I don't feel so silly b/c of my Texas accent,which I DIDN'T think I had...until everytime I go a few miles north,everyone in a room gets silent when I open my pie-hole(mouth,that is).
OMG! Even the first few lines in your post are dead right!!How cool!
The whole thing sums us up perfectly,ladybug.
Awesome post!
Awesome "poster"!! ;-}

I've busted out the bless your heart one a few times and people wonder where I picked it up.

Lurker coming out to say that I LOVE that book, HYSTERICAL, even to this Yankee. my dearest friends are southern girls, they gave me Celia Rivenbarks books to read a few years ago, I can't beleive you haven't read them yet. You have to read her Other book "Bless Your Heart, Tramp"

A vegetable party??? Really???

Have a good day, Patti!!!

Amen sista.....Amen....

Which is why I like Japanese women.

Morning, Patti: You should be on a TV commercial! I have a family friend who has known me since I was 10 who says "Well, God Bless Ya Hon" to most everybody. It drives my Mom nuts. I laugh! Hope you have a great week, Patti. lol!!!:)

I want to be a southern girl! xoxo

SC

You know, I should have been a southern girl. I am so taken with southern women and their ways.

I have to read that book. My favorite books are about southern women and the ins and outs of their lives.

~hippo hugs~

P.S. Must be that's why a lot of my blogger buddies are from the south.

HH

what the heck were you doing at a GLORY party? I've never heard of such a thing.

Anyhoo...when I read this one "Southern girls have a distinct way with fond expressions"....all I could hear in my head was my best Paul Deen impression!!

Oh the real reason I came...your comment about 5 people dying with aids....it's very sad...but when I finished reading it...for the life of me I couldn't figure out how the wife's brother got it...then I counted and realized he wasn't one of the five but an additional and that made me even more sad.

MJ

That is funny about the southern girls. There are times that I wished I was a southern belle.

I loved this