However I am pleased to report I was wrong about it. Very wrong. It was a very nicely organized festival. Lots of police presence eased my mind as one was stationed right by where I parked my car. We got there promptly at 10 when it started and by the time we left it was VERY crowded so I reccomend you start at 10.
Madison was raring to go as they had talked about the festival at her school during the week. She asked if we were going earlier in the week and I said "No" so when we got there it was a nice surprise for her!
See - she looks quite pleased doesn't she?!
First she met up with a friendly "Pig" (the mascot for our local grocery store Piggly Wiggly that I love!)
Then a friendly "Cow" (the mascot for a regional chain, Chik-Fil-A - which I also love!) Is anyone else noticing a correalation between a love of food and myself? LOL
Then it's doooowwwnnnn a big slide. They had an area set up with this slide and about four other "bouncy" items that was completely free. A nice and unusual change!
Waiting to go in the "bouncy obstacle course" a few times in this one would wear even the hardiest kid out!
Spinning in the Strawberries! The little boys she rode with had never been on this ride but she quickly showed them the ropes and they were the only ones who had theirs spinning madly!
Then she got paired up with this little fellow and they had a blast on this ride too.I loved how they were both rocking their cool shades!
I was reluctant to let her ride the swings as it seemed a "big kid" ride!
She absolutely loved it! She is definitely a thrill-seeker and takes after me and my Daddy!
The local Army Reserves had a free rock climbing wall so of course she had to give that a try! All buckled up and ready to go!
She did it too!!! Something her Mamma (who is afraid of heights) won't EVER do!
All in all it was a nice way to spend a beautiful Saturday. Definitely plan on going next year!

Looks like a very fun time!
I am glad you all had a great time!
That all looks like a great deal of fun, especially for the little one, and after all, who else matters????
I haven't seen a Piggly Wiggly in YEARS! I think they all closed this side of the Mississippi. Funny, I didn't know any were still open!
hey sis looks like yall had a great time!
kisses!
First, let me say that she looked so cute in her jeans and tutu. She looked like she was having a blast. I'm glad you changed your mind and took her. She is such a doll.
~hippo hugs~
Our Pecan Festival was last weekend too! How ironic! :) Looks like Madison had a ball! Love that pink tutu! ~hugs, Rhonda
Oh, and I'm not on your blog roll anymore. I read where you mentioned it a few posts back and checked to see if I was there. I kept forgetting to mention it! Hope we are still blogging buddies and you'll add me back! :)
Looks like a fun day!!! I love the jeans/tutu combo.
What a blast... can I be your kid and wear my tutu and jeans. You have got to be the coolest mom!
It's all about the kids having fun and the parents getting a break.
what happened to her tutu throughout the pics? And I love the last one...that's my girl climbing in heels!!! LOL
Post a Comment