Hippity Hoppity Easters On It's Way!
Okay, Okay I know I pull out this same cartoon every year but I can't help it! I love it! It never fails to put a huge grin on my face!
Someone inevitably sends me the one of the two chocolate bunnies where ones tail is bitten off and the others ears are bitten off and the one says "My butt hurts" and the other says "What???!!!". Cute, but nowhere near the dyed egg one. That is an Oscar among Easter cartoons in my book!

Can I just say i'm glad i'm off today too because this Easter Bunny is t-i-r-e-d.
I was off yesterday and spent all day long running here and there and everywhere. I had to go to Lamar to pick up Madison's easter dress. The one I ordered at the Egg Scramble. Specifically commenting several times on the little girl running around wearing the pattern I wanted and ordered. Is that the pattern she presented me with? NO. I'm still shaking my head over it but alls well that ends well.


I finished up the Easter Baskets. That is always a slight chore because Madison just doesn't like candy much so I have to improvise.
Then i'm mad about her messiness and think "I'm not buying her that, she will just strew it around the livingroom" then I have to back up and say "Wait, wait, hold up. It's not about whether she's neat or what she does with it, it's about making her up a great Easter Basket. Take a chill pill lady". and I do!
Stacy is not really hard. I don't buy him alot of candy but I know what he likes. My main problem is his favorite Nascar driver isn't Mr. Popularity and it's hard to find his stuff. I did manage to get him something but I wish I could have done better. I even went to the Darlington Raceway Giftshop and the lady LAUGHED AT ME when I told her whose merchandise I was looking for. I think I did okay. If I can manage to find anything else between now and Easter -fine but at least he's got a basket!
Does anyone else do a Basket for their SO or just kids? My Momma made me a basket right up until I got married and a few years ago Stacy took up the mantle and made me one. That really meant alot to me. I am the kind of person who wholeheartedly believes in Christmas Stockings, Easter Baskets and whooping it up on Birthdays!
I have his Fathers Day Gift all planned out now I just need to plan when i'm going to get it and where i'm going to keep it.
My this is a long and rambling blog post. I hope you are still awake! If you made it this far YOU deserve a few Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs as a reward!
Hope the Bunny is good to you all!
15 comments:
Anonymous

I'm getting tired just reading
this...You need to slow it down...

I still do a basket for Josh...He
doesn't eat a lot of candy so I
just get him a few little things
and give him an egg with money...

Take it easy and I know how ya
feel about the cartoon...It is
just to cute :)

HUGS!!!!!!!!

Laurie

I LOVE the chocolate bunny easter cartoon.

Happy Easter, sweet friend! Relax and take it easy!

I love the cartoon - it made me "belly" laugh this morning as I am going to see my magician this afternoon and get my Easter Egg Dye job today. I need a touch up - my red is not it's natural color any longer.

Friend - you need to take a breather. Enjoy your week-end, and I hope the Bunny brings you bunches of surprises and love.

The cartoon is TOO funny. No matter how many times I have seen it, I still smirk when I see it.

I get Man Easter candy. Sometimes it's in a basket and sometimes it's not. I get the grandkids either a toy or a book. I figure the Easter Bunny can get them candy. I LOVE Reese's peanut butter eggs. I may have to get one for myself today when I am running my errands.

Well well now. July 27th is a day that you need to remember since you love giving presents so much. LOL I don't get an easter basked anymore. DW and I just jack candy from the kids baskets.

love it every year sis! kinda like charlie brown xmas if u didnt put up the cartoon we would be like wtf? haha!

when u get time come check out the last couple post i am doing back then i would like your thoughts besides got some cool pics up!

kisses!

Anonymous

My Mom threw away our Easter baskets when we moved. And now that my Dad is diabetic there's no candy in the house. My brother and I have to sneak outside to my car to overdose on chocolate.

You like that cartoon because you identify with it! The Queen has a bit of the floozy in her! And Stacy is glad. That's why he does things like he does, Easter baskets, etc. See how it all works out?

Great Great cartoon!!!!

My oldest doesnt like candy either...maybe he's the smart one because sometimes I think Santa and the Easter Bunny get kinda mixed up.

I do baskets for everyone too...and my mom does one for us. I love that!

My easter hopping isn't done yet!

Have a wonderful EASTER!!!!!

Maker's Mark goes good in any Easter basket.

MJ

You are one busy gal. My mom still does an easter basket for us and easter egg hunt...eggs filled with quarters and dimes. Good for about $2.50 each but you should see us run for them. I should think about doing one for my new husband.

If the boys are here, I go all out on their Easter baskets. Sweety gets the Easter candy after it's on sale 1/2 off after the holiday. :)

I have to wait an extra week for easter as I am orthodox but we don't call it easter any more. Now its cheap chocolate week LOL

Oh, Patti! That bunny story!! Hahahahahah!!! I can't get past that. "What?" God that is SO funny. Reminds me of an ex-girlfriend who gave me a cartoon with a vacuum cleaner and an electric fan having a conversation I better not repeat here. :D) You're so cool to shop for Stacy in that gift shop. I have no idea who the driver is you are refering to though? NASCAR!!!