Friday! Friday!
Even I am sick to death of being so freaking crazy/depressed etc. So I can only imagine what the rest of you are feeling. I don't blame you if you avoid my blog!


I am battling some really heavy dark things but i'll be okay. I know alot of others have been there and made it through and so will I, because I do not walk alone.

Phillipians 4:4-7 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus".


I posted something on facebook, it refers to one of my favorite poets:
Dylan Thomas -
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Yes I am aware it is a poem about death but I think it is a beautiful poem nonetheless.
I wish you all a wonderful Good Friday right on into Easter Sunday.

This is one of the biggest reasons that I will never let the darkness overtake me.

22 comments:

Happy Easter!

You've really been on my mind, Patti. I'm praying that you get through this...I KNOW you will!!

Love Dylan Thomas, love that poem, awesome!

I've already commented on that cutie patootie pic on Facebook...I love it!!!!!

Anonymous

You will never walk alone...I'm
glad you know that :)
I wish I could take all this from
you and it be all better...Ya know
I'm gonna try it too...I just hope
I have your strength...

Loves ya woman!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

Anonymous

ps.HOPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!



Laurie

Good Friday to you!!! You never walk alone sweetie. God and all of us are always with ya! Very pretty picture.

see sis we are all here your never alone never!

happy easter!
kisses

Hang in there girl. Many are praying for you.

~hippo hugs

Anonymous

I'm new here but I wanted to say that you and your little girl are beautiful! This post is heart-felt and very endearing. I'll be back!

OK, I'll calm down. I was really worried about you. As long as you keep Maddie in your focus, you'll be OK. Peace, dear girl.

Hang in there honey!!!

HAPPY EASTER

Well, yes, it is a Poem about death, but in some ways, we are all fighting death and raging against it and struggling to stay alive....! So I think it is a very appropriate poem, my dear, and I understand why it resonates with and to you....I must say I feel much of what this poem says....

Meanwhile....
A VERY HAPPY EASTER TO YOU & YOURS!

You will get through this, I know!

MJ

You can make it. Keep moving, one of the best things for depression, good old fashion movement.

Hang in there.

***HUGS****
I have always loved that poem.

Just keep looking at that precious sweet baby face of Maddie and that love will get you through.

I agree with MJ...physical exercise is the best medicine for depression (wish my brother would get outta bed and go walk...he's having a real rough time again). Getting out and walking or riding a bike is really therapeutic....

*HUGS*

Hang in there, hon.

Totally giggling at the pic. What a little ham you have!

Beautiful smile! Happy Easter!

HAPPY EASTER!!!

you look beautiful in this picture! maddie's too cute as always.

(((hugs!)))

feel better my friend.

this is such a great poem. thanks for posting it.

You're normal to me.......toke?
I can't get sick of you. Us crazy people need to stay together until the rest of the world goes crazy.
Oh wait, they are crazy too.
I should have known when i caught the rabbit knocking up the chicken.

thinking of you and hoping your pain eases each day ... take baby steps ... my grief journey when my daughter died was long ... but know there is light at the end of the tunnel ... keep taking those baby steps forward~~

Thinking of you and praying for you!

Sometimes life has so much quicksand of pain and dark loneliness and hopelessness in it. It is really hard to pull yourself above it. Glad that Madison is one of those things/people that does, honey. Death seems like the only answer sometimes, but you mean a lot to me even though we are just cyber-friends and I would miss you horribly, and Madison would always feel like it had been her fault, even though of course it wouldn't. Please don't ever take that exit clause, Patti... ((hugs and more hugs)) I don't have a solution to feeling better, sweetie - I just send you sincere loving thoughts and energy to surround, fill and protect you through this -

That poem is a real tear-jerker. I have a headache now from sobbing. It's because of the state of mind I'm in, coupled with the poem.

I hope you're feeling better.

Hugs,
Betty