
Yesterday was a roller coaster of emotions, up and down - down and up.
One minute I was thankful to know i'll still be getting a steady paycheck, then i'd think of my friends, who, in a matter of months will no longer be part of my every day....... and get teary eyed.
For me, selfishly.
For them, because let's face it - this is rotten news at the holidays even though all of them will get a paycheck at least until Feb 1st and some as long as Sept 1st of next year.
I'd think "How am I going to survive the passive-aggressive monster I work for?".
Then i'd answer myself "The same way you've survived him up until now - drugs".
Is anyone else sensing a touch of the "crazy" here? hehehe.........

*** Oh the p/a monster will be out Wed-Thurs-Fri so I can BLOG! Yippee!!!!

Hi Patti
Hope you had a nice thanksgiving. Glad your jobs ok,perhaps the ghost of christmas past will visit your boss(scrooge!).
Loved the picture of the blossom!, if i saw one over here I would have screamed as I have never seen one in the flesh before !. We only seem to get foxes , hedgehogs & badgers (i dont scream for them!)
YAY!!! WOOHOO!!! I'm so glad!
I tried to SUPER POKE you on the
myspace but the stupid thing won't
work right or maybe it is and I
have SUPER POKED you like a billion
times to FIGHT CRIME with me :)
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just glad most of the stress is gone now - at least you know what's going on.
Stress free now! What a great feeling...and if you are still looking for another job...you know what they say...It's always easier to find one when you have one!
May the rest of your week be an enjoyable one at the office.
well I am glad its working out for the best..and dont feel bad about the others, they will be ok...
I know jobs are ahrd to come by, Lord knows I have been looking almost 2 years..
but the important thing is U get a paycheck still..
U go girl..
Lovin the lipstick..
Glad to hear you're still hanging in there! It's sad, lots of people are getting the boot for Xmas...
My sister lost her job awhile back...but fortunately she got a new job...the same day I found out about Isaac!! What a great thanksgiving we had!
Hopefully your friends will all find new and better jobs.
I agree with RosesPoses. The ghost of Christmas past will get your pain in the ass boss.
Hope you have a great rest of the week! Your hair looks fabulous in that picture! I'm glad you didn't cut it short!
Love your photo! Yes, I hope the rest of your week is stress free! bunches of hugs....
They're at least on the payroll until February. A lot can happen between now and February. Too bad your Boss didn't get the boot though. But then again the company might be taking a harder look at everyone after this set of layoffs and they might discover that they don't really like him after all.
You are looking like a sassy survivor--drugs or no drugs. Hang in there with the boss. In this crazy economy, I'm glad you still have your job.
Hang in there! I'm a good one to talk...if I don't like a job, I quit. But I always have a new one in a week or two. I know you are miserable...it's hard when you have a nasty boss. You have to do what you think is best...really no one else can make that decision for you.
I've been reading some of your other posts here....loved your Thanksgiving decorations! And your daughter looks soooo cute in her little dress!!! She's a little doll!!! And I loved her calling that opposum a "blossom" and the deer "pigs." Aren't children wonderful! I wish mine were little like that yet! My oldest one will be 44 in 13 days! Hey, Honey, I'm getting old! LOL
And no, don't cut your hair! It is beautiful, and you're still young enough and pretty to wear it long.
I'll be back to visit when I make my rounds again....it's hard as I work 2 jobs, which leaves me little time for blogging these days. But when you have as many cats as I do, it does cost to feed them, keep clean litter in the house, and keep the vet bills paid. Worse than when I was raising my kids. LOL
(((((( HUGS ))))))
Sometimes its survival of the fittest and sometimes fate steps in.
Their fate is unemployment and your is torture to stay there and crazy doesn;t start until they find you in he utility room chopping up the boss
Heh, you look like the cat that ate the canary! Sneaky!
This calls for a Happy Hour!
It's a stressful time of year on top of everything too, Patti. Be kind to yourself! :)
I guess I was lucky- all employees were unemployed from my job at once, and we were all re-hired at once also. At least I didn't have to feel bad for co-workers less fortunate than I!
I do have some idea what you're going through, though. I just wish that boss of yours would be laid off!
Hugs,
Betty
I love the smirky smile! Hang in there. These are rough times in general, and we all need to brace for more of "whatever," I suspect. And, as usual, enjoy the time with him away!
Drugs! Right on. Well, I'm glad you've got some good news there. I've been very nervous about my job as things are starting to get pretty bleak up here too.
Post a Comment