2008 Darlington Christmas Parade
I got nabbed to ride and make sure the tree didn't fall over! (it didn't)

The prettiest package on the float!

Madison and her little partner-in-crime Kaitlyn

Waiting on the action to begin!


I must say I had so much fun and saw so many people I knew! It was cold but we were bundled up well although we could have used some gloves. Madison kept her hands down in her sleeves to get them warm but I gamely waved and ended up with slightly blue tinged hands. I can't wait for next year already!!!! I need to send these pics to Stacy. He asked me to and I promptly forgot last night. Oops!
I'm slowly finding my holiday spirit. I just get so overwhelmed.. but that's another post for another day! Merry! Merry!

P.S. I already got some Christmas Cards- Thanks Casey,Dakota & Family, Bella & Ryan! Madison gets so excited when she sees them in the mailbox. Shhhh... I still do too!
21 comments:

She is just too cute!

Morning, Patti: I feel as if I've had a spy glass view of watching little Maddie grow up on this Blog from a toddler with very little hair to support a clip on bow, to being such a personality who has endeared all of us. You are always doing something COOL, Patti!!! lol! :)

Gotta love community parades! Ours is this Saturday and I'm trying to figure out how to convince Gary to not put Sydney on the softball float. It's just gonna be too cold! :-)

I've gotten some cards already too, and I'm very impressed with people. I have NOT done anything with mine yet.

Once again, I'm reminded of the advantages of living in a small town, where these unforgettable annual community events keep everyone grounded. I grew up in a place like that.

Thanks for reminding me!

Hugs,
Betty

As usual, nobody rememberd the chainsaws or flamethrowers. My float can beat up your float.

Anonymous

Those costumes of presents are ADORABLE! How brilliant!

Cute pictures!

Groan. You said "Christmas Cards." You said it right out loud! groooan.

very cute!

hope u liked your card.

Kisses

maddie looks like she's having fun! and so do you, patti. good times.

i see no one has said anything about the dance school name. so i'm mums despite my mind in the gutter. *giggle*

christmas cards. yeah, i guess i should get around to that.

;)

Everyone loves a parade...Great pictures!

That is so neat that you got to do the parade. I always felt kinda jealous whenI saw kids in our town's parade. But I didn't have enough karate, steel drum, or baton-twirling skills to be included.

Looks like fun. I love parades!

~hippo hugs~

HEY how come you didn't get a box to wear.
I bet you had fun waving at everyone as you passed them.

That has got to be the CUTEST
package EVER!!!!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What cute little packages! Seems like a lot of people are having a hard time getting into the spirit this year...glad you found yours!

It was cold???

Come on girl, you live in South Carolina.

It was 17 degrees here Sunday morning. Now that is cold!!

Well, that looked lot a whole lot of fun...Except the "COLD" Part....I don't think I could take that kind of 'cold' anymore....!

Thanks so much for your kind words during my ugly illness....I appreciated them and you, very very much!

A Very Very Happy Christmas to you, my dear!

Bella- Thanks - agreed!

Michael- You are too sweet,it's been a pleasure sharing!

Cheryl- Awww bundle her up good and let her wave to her adoring public! I will do mine tonight, got the pics back last night.

Betty- I do love "community" things!

Grant- You are twisted boy, twisted! LOL

TMP- I love the idea too!

Lynilu- I will work on mine tonight! (I know)

Ryan- I did, you are too sweet.

Namaste- You are bad! (love it though tee hee!)

Michelle- Thanks - I tried to look for you!

Martini- It's fairly easy to get in our parades!

Pam- I love a parade too!

Walker- No box for me, piano case maybe??!!

Laurie- AGREED!!!

Wendy- It comes and goes but getting better!

Mike- We're wimps - what can I say?

Naomi- So glad you are doing better!

I miss Christmas parades like this. Maddie is cute, as always!

MJ

I rode on lots of floats growing up. I alway thought they were fun. It's been eons since I've been to a parade.

Looked like a lot of fun! Too bad it had to be so cold, what with the warm temps we're expecting this week! Isn't that always the way? Cute little package you've got there!!!

(((((( HUGS ))))))