
Ladies and Gents we have made history ..... they have approved Sunday alcohol sales in Florence County, South Carolina. (and y'all thought I was talking 'bout Obama!)
I am the Queen of all that is monogrammed. I have monogrammed jewelry, shoes, shirts, sweaters, hair accessesories, cups, coozies, keychains, purses, wallets, photo albums even a trashcan!
awesome lets pour some drinks then and have an obama party haha! really dont matter who voted for who obama won we as americans need to stand behind him and support him and hope he can turn things around for us and let other countries look at us as great people again. besides anything has to be better than bush right?
You are just tooo funny!!
~hippo hugs~
P.
Ya got me! LOL!
Ryan- You are so smart for a young un' :)
Pam- Thank you *wink*
Pat- hehe.... a rarity i'm sure!
Sunday liquor sales in SC? That's just crazy. Next there'll be black masses and Satanic rites performed in the elementary schools. I can't wait.
You're hilarious. I guess that's why I love coming here so much! I'm worried though. Black president? Prime for assassination, don't you think? It's scary.
Wow. Must be all the retirees stopping to roost in Florence on their way to Florida? Never thought I'd see the day!
Grant- I know right - we are SO progressive here!
Martini- I have thought about that - he has young children too :( I am sure this will be the most heavily guarded president in history
Miss Hope- Me neither honestly. Lake City opposed it though.
The did it in one of the counties here too. As for standing behind him....hmmm wasn't it he who based a lot of his platform on how he voted against the president. Think about it.
We will survive.
So watcha gonna buy to celebrate?
Toss one back for me!
Hah! The area surrounding my house just passed a liquor law yesterday too! It's one of the few tiny pockets within this city that still had archaic prohibition laws in place. Unfortunately, the new law only applies to one building in which, supposedly, there will be a new cafe opening. The rest of this little area is still dry! Anyway, I'm very happy about the one cafe that, hopefully, really will open just a stone's throw from my house. This all remains to be seen....
hugs,
betty
LOL I love it!!!
Gregg- You are right - we will survive :)
Chickie- I dunno, I was thinking of some kind of lemon italian liquor!
Dr. Sparky- Consider it done!
Betty- The hoopla over that was something else let me tell you. I honestly didn't think they would pull it off!
Cheryl- Yep gotta love Democracy in action!
LOL!!! Gosh, you've been able to buy booze here on Sunday's for SO long now!! I thought you could every where! :)
YAY!!! Obama!!!!
Hey! Thanks for going back to check out the Halloween candy! Sorry to hear you hate gummy stuff -just like my wife.
Wendy- Nope not here and I thought sure you never would. NOT that i'm a big drinker but I believe in personal choice!
Martini- It was worth it, well worth it. Something I look forward to from you! Look at it this way, with me & Suz not liking the gummi stuff - more for YOU!
SUNDAY???? In the SOUTH???? It's unheard of! LOL
Here's a toast to you!
Oh I soooo need a drink.....UGH!!
Think I'll have some wine with my
dinner......
I'm happy with the turn out....
HUGS!!!!!!!
Well CONGRATULATIONS to your County! And CONGRATULAYIONS TO ALL OF US FOR HAVING THE GOOD SENSE AND THE HEART TO ELECT...
BARACK OBAMA! Amen, Amen!
RLL - I know, really! ;)
Laurie- I feel like rushing out and having a martini after Church this Sunday
Naomi- You tickle me so. I wish everyone could read your blog. You have done and saw so much and know so many interesting people and yet you can still get so excited over history in the making. I hope to be like you as I age! You are an inspiration dear lady.
Now the phrase "Praise the Lord and pass the Liquor" shall come to pass.
that is the best friggin history making news i've heard in months. we have liquor stores open on sundays here too (as of last year). now if they would just get to selling wine & beer in the supermarkets here, that would be lovely!
:)
Change is really here....never thought I'd see these times around these parts....
Here's to drinking every day--no more Sunday breaks! Cheers!
In New York the liquor stores had to close on Sundays. Then a few years ago they change the law to allow them to open on Sunday, but they had to close one other day a week. Now most of them just stay open seven days a week, even though it's not legal. It's not like anyone is keeping track of all the liquor stores and when they are open or closed. Still no alcoholic beverages may be sold anywhere before noon on Sunday.
Its about time.
How are people supposed to vote properly?
Post a Comment