It's Finally Here! Election Day, That Is!
For some reason this cartoon just made me laugh - it's sort of apt isn't it? Politics is such a dirty business these days!


I am one who firmly believes who you vote for is your own private business.
I don't get into arguements about politics, I believe in everyone's right to believe and vote as they please.
I have a sister and a sister-in-law who LOVE to get in your face and push their opinions on you and they just automatically assume you agree with them.
I just let them think it and go merrily my own way.
I'm proud to be a part of history today folks, and you should be too even if you don't agree with whomever wins!
22 comments:

AMEN!!! For the past couple of
weeks the girls at work have been
doing nothing but their own type
of political mud slinging...I stay
out of it and just shake my head...
It's funny how they think that
they know personally these people.
Like Thanksgiving and Christmas are
spent around the table with these
people...
You'd so get a kick out of it at
my work....

Well, I voted and I'm happy with
my choice.....

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am heading to the polls this morning.

Anonymous

When I got out of the Army 19 years ago, I promised myself I'd never again set my alarm for any time earlier than 6 AM.

I broke that promise this morning -- set my alarm for 5:00 so I could be at the polls when they opened at 6.

I would NEVER have gotten up that early for the current or any past administration but I considered it an HONOR to do so today for the one I voted for.

Later today (after lunch) I'll be at a local organization's HQ helping them look up information and getting people help through the process of getting a court order to allow them to vote. They did 80 yesterday, 40 on Friday. They're expecting an onslaught today.

Lisa volunteered to drive people to the polls that can't get there easily.

Our county here in NY has a record number of new voter registrations.

Can I just say that when I got up this morning, I got up with a renewed sense of hope and purpose?

ROCK THE VOTE

The only reason I cam forth and said who I am voting for was to let others know that I do have an opinion on the issues. I am however sick of hearing celebrities toss their weight around hoping to get others to vote their way. I respect anyone's opinion and am glad that so many people are out there.

I do wonder though if this political arena is like what goes on in a court room. There is fighting and mudslinging but after it is done the two sides go play golf together. :)

I voted by mail a long time ago so I don't have to worry about today. I can relax and watch the rest of you flip out.

I'm definitely voting - it is too important not to preserve our freedom of choice - even if I don't like either choice !

I have meetings all day. I hope they don't run over because I plan on voting after work this evening.

I dun did mine!

I voice my opinion (like you didn't know that!!), but I try to do it in a productive way, not shoving things down throats. I hope I'm never offensive .... except in retaliation, of course!

I agree with you. Regardless of the outcome, we are all Americans.

Amen sister!

That cover is hilarious! And very true, I'm afraid.

I do the same as you. Just kinda shake my head as I listen to others. I keep my mouth shut pretty much and share with people I respect and who respect me.

I'm about to head out to vote right now. I will be in the minority here, but I will vote my conscience...LOL

I voted! I tell people that don't vote, that they then loose their right to bitch and moan when the new president does something they don't like.

I voted first thing this morning! Even before my shower and coffee!!

I have opinions (some very strong) on the issues., I am sick to death of listening to political ads and friends/famiy hoping to get others to vote their way. I respect anyone's opinion, but when it starts to become a mudsling, offensive fightfest, I turn my brain off. Kind of like when people preach their religion in my face.

PS. I LOVE the cover of the New Yorker. Made me laugh too!

i love that new yorker cover. lol!

yep, hubby and i voted this morning.

;)

I'm with you. Jim and I are so very tired of all this politicking and whatever the outcome, will be happy to have these terrible political ads end.

I voted MYconscience, not my husband's, not my children's, just mine and it's MY business.

Tomorrow I will pray for the president elect and all those who work with him. AMEN

~hippo hugs~
Pam

Great cartoon! I'll just be so glad it is over and no more nasty & negative commercials. Hope things are going well at work for you! :) ~Rhonda

I don't know much about statistics on voters in the states, but up here something like 80% of teenagers don't vote which is extremely disturbing and if they voted as much as they played video games, we'd have a much different, and likely better, country.

p.s. I love voting. It's actually quite fun, and I get to see parts of my community I rarely otherwise get to see, like the inside of local schools or churches.

I'm with you- I don't care who people vote for, as long as they vote. Their choice is none of my goshdarn business.

I love the New Yorker cartoon- I let out a loud guffaw even thought The Child is sleeping!

Hugs,
Betty

Well said and I totally agree! Hope you're doing great!

MJ

There are three things I refuse to engage in converstaions about because I think they are personal choices--politics, religion and abortion.

I'll just say I drug Cowboy to the polls first thing this morning and voted.

I think Voting is a duty and everyone should go out and vote