Was Monday night (I go Monday's & Wednesday's from 5pm-8:45pm).
First I went by the bookstore to get the books I needed. I'm only taking two classes but the total for the books for those two classes. $237. I was floored but got them. Yikes! I don't remember books being that expensive, er, 20 years ago!
I can't find my car registration so I can get my parking decal and that must be done this week. Oh God I hope a trip to the DMV isn't imminent. I hate going to the DMV!
Okay my first class is in an auditorium setting with about 50 people. I am definitely not the oldest one there, it was mostly older students maybe 15% youngsters. One girl even worked with me at Crying Cow eons ago! This is Math though, which I hate and wanted to get out of the way as quick as I can. That is my weak point, always was in school too. Once I get two semesters of that out of the way the rest is pie. Ha!
My second class, about 16 people. I am definitely "Mom" in there! These are babies... However this is an easy "A" for me, I think, and will boost my GPA from the beginning.
I wanted it to off-set the Math because, guys, I really REALLY suck in Math.
Division, whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percentages make my head SPIN. Please pray for me!
Too Salty for my Own Good
8 years ago

OH how exciting!!! I've thought
of going back to school but, with
the boy in band and all it just
won't work.
Wishing you the best!!!
HUGS!!!!!!
Laurie- Well it's never too late...
" I really REALLY suck in Math."
Oh girl, I do too! Ask me ANY english question and I'd nail it but I will (and always have) HATED math!!!
Good luck!
You can't suck at math any more than I do. Actually, the math issue is what has prevented me from going back to school.
PS. Wishing you loads of luck!!!!
Stacy PQ- Me too sistah! Hope you are fareing okay weather-wise!
Daisy- Don't let it prevent you all 50 of my class-mates suck at Math too obviously. You will NOT be alone.
Good luck girl...you are so brave..I finished FMU..FMC at the time in 89 and I once though I wanted to get my Masters...changed my mind, got married and had kids instead...good thing...it's never too late...I keep throwing it around...go get another degree in Speech Therapy or something like that...who knows, but we are never too old just wiser!
Good luck with the Math class, that's the one I'd get out of the way too...seeing that I am border line retarded in it :)...prayers are with you...keep us informed!
Almighty Satan, help this woman pass math class.
You didn't say who to pray to.
What is the second class?
I suspect you'll do better in the math class than you are thinking right now. You'll be surprised how much will come back to you quickly.
Good luck, Patti, and yes, prayers are wafting as I write!!
Very exciting! I hated it in college when I'd go spend hundreds of dollars on books and then we wouldn't even use them. So then I quit buying them and only bought if totally had to...
I feel for you because I freaking hate math.
Good luck in your classes! Egads! Books are expensive, and of course if you sell them back at the end of the term they'll only give you 10 cents on the dollar! What a racket!!
Chelle- Thanks I need all the good vibes I can get!
Grant- Hey i'm desperate so I don't care!
Lynilu- Thank you!! I hope it "comes back" it was "never there" too much anyway! LOL
Jessica- Yep experienced that first time around but unfortunately I HAVE to have these books!
Mike- Gosh i'm not feeling so bad, math haters unite!!!
Tigeryogiji- Racket is RIGHT!!!
Oh, I admire you for going back to school! I graduated in English...totally useless, unless you want to teach, which I probably do no have the patience for! LOL! I would love to go back, even for an associate's degree in something, but my mind, post~children isn't real sharp! LOL! I can't believe the price of book for 2 classes! That is pretty much what mine were for a full load, 20 years ago! Hope the math class goes well! Math is my absolute worse subject, too...hence the useless degree in English! Wishing you the best in your classes this week...and with DMV! :) ~Rhonda
YOU will do GREAT! Did you get some cool new pens, pencils, notebooks? That always made me feel better. You MUST have that. Send me your addy. I MUST send you a little love. You KNOW I love going to school.
I am SOOOO SOOOO proud of you. I mean it. YAY Patti!
Good luck and I hope you do well!!!
I have an idea....post your homework assignments here and we'll respond with all the answers. ;-)
Wow, books have gotten expensive !!!
I am so proud of you for going back to school, Patti. It is wonderful.
New pens, notebook paper and a cool notebook, ooooh :) I always loved the start of school with all that. Made me feel ambitious and capable...
Math - shudder. I suck at that too. Maybe it'll be easier as an adult than it was as a kid.
((big hugs))
Loving Annie
Going back to school is so exciting!
I hated math...I struggled with it, but got through it. It was good to have a math buddy at school....but yeah, get it out of the way and you'll be glad.
If you can find out the ISBN# on the books you need, you can go on sites like http://www.textbookx.com/ and get them used, or sometimes new, even cheaper. School book stores mark them up something awful!
Damn right books are expensive.
Try and find out what books you will be needing and trying to buy them used next time.
Good luck with school.
You're braver than I am.
Patti: This is such an exciting adventure you are on and I'm thrilled for you!!! :D)
what r u taking anyway?
I hate math, i would need to off set it with something like coloring..
good luck..u will do fine;)
Rhonda- Thank you - happily I didn't have to go to the DMV!
Andie- Thank you - you are just the sweetest thing!
Man- Thank you honey, nice to see you!!!
Afod- I wish I could that stuff is mind boggling to me!
Annie- Thanks i'm going to find a way to even make that stinky math a positive!
Retro Girl- When I register for Spring classes I definitely will.
Walker- NO one is braver than YOU my friend! The thing with the math book for example, it has an access code so you can do your work online so that makes buying a used book virtually impossible.
Michael- Thank you so much. It's an adventure alright!
FFM- I'm going to be an elementary school teacher :)
Math hurts my head too but maybe I remember some of it from awhile back. Email when the homework gets too hard and I'll try to help you. Just remember...all you need is a C! All you need is a C!
wow patti! fantastic! congratulations on going back to school. i wish you GREAT success! yeah i remember pricey books. and i too have always hated math.
;)
~m
Maybe you could sell your books when these classes are over and put that towards your next one?
Math makes me bang my head on things. For real.
Post a Comment