Well (surprise ~ surprise!) Blogger is being a big fat bitch and won't let me download any of my pics but i'll give you a run-down on some things I learned on the Vacay to Oak Island, NC. (my first trip ever to an NC beach)
1) I love the Beach even more than I possibly thought I did before.
2) This house and location and Beach itself was WAY better than the Isle Of Palms. WAY better. The prices cheaper on everything too.
3) I want to go back to the Beach as soon as possible.
I don't care if it's for a night or two nights or three nights.
I.Want.To.Go.Back.
IOP is acceptable as is Myrtle or any beach except the Lake does NOT count.
4) I learned some ugly truths about my family (and a few about myself). I was disappointed by a few people that I never thought would disappoint me (when will I EVER learn?)
5) I was quite hurt that the hubs never tried any romantic overtures, by the time we finally did anything that even closely qualified as "alone time" it was Friday night and it was a quick trip to the corner store (for beer) and a walk on the Pier and by that time I was so hurt and pissed that I didn't even feel like holding hands. Oh well it ended well though.
6) I learned my Pop takes amazing care of my animals and will let my dog sleep in the bed with him ON HIS PILLOW and spoil him way rotten. He will also try to unsuccessfully kidnap him. :)
7) I learned that there is no "perfect" vacation but I am VERY blessed and thankful to have the opportunity to spend the week I just did. Very.
8) I also learned that the Beach just isn't the same without Miss Cheeky and Miss Bella. There wasn't even a Low Country Boil :( Girls, you WERE missed.
I missed you all more than I can say and i'd rather take a baseball bat to the solar plexus than be at work today. That's all i'm going to say about that! Hope I get caught up in the next couple of days with you all! Happy Monday!
Too Salty for my Own Good
8 years ago

First! (I don't think I've ever made it to Patti's first, have I?)
Between your Pop and Riley, I don't know who's cuter and sweeter, seriously.
#4 may not be bloggable but I'm sorry it came up during what was supposed to be your happy week.
Did you get a good tan?
Welcome home Patti! Your dad sounds
like mine with Rosco. I can't let
him babysit the dog for me because
he lets him do and eat whatever he
wants.
I'm sorry you had to return and
couldn't just stay there and relax
for as long as you really wanted.
I know what that's like. When y'all
get the chance y'all need to go to
Sitka,Alaska. I think it would be
some place you'd like. I know that
I didn't want to leave. It was
peaceful. No thumping car stereos
and everybody obeyed the speed
limits. The fresh air.....
Yikes, I'm talking your blog off.
Glad you're back though, you were
missed.
HUGS to all!!
My co-worker will take her pets to her parents when they are out of town, they call it the day spa. They get very spoiled at grandma and grandpa's.
Glad you had a nice vacation and even more glad that you're back. We missed you.
Welcome back! I'm glad it was a good trip for you. I agree with you that an ocean breeze is so refreshing, relaxing and stimulating at the same time. Mmmmmmmm. I can almost smell it from here!
Patti, your family may disappoint you at times, but (sadly) that makes your family and you normal. It happens with us all!
Sorry you had to return to the dastardly job. :( Keep smiling, however, and maybe you can drive them all bonkers wondering what you're up to!!
Welcome back! You were missed last week.
I, too, have learned there is no such thing as a perfect vacation but any time away from the same old routine is good time. :)
patti, my vacay had some bad moments too. i just focused on the good stuff. no such thing as a perfect vacay (unless you're going to them moon where ther's no other ppl). and you have successfully sold me on this beach you went to. i am putting it on my list for sure.
pop sounds like you with the spoiling. haha!
OMG last week my hubby rejected MY overtures. i was RIP-ROARING PISSED!! hey it happens to all of us, girlie. we go thru ups and downs.
;)
~m
oh yeah and welcome back! i missed you so stinkin much! geez!
I am glad you had a good time. I missed you.
Good Monday morning Patti.
Glad you loved the beach there so much.
Sorry that you were disappointed by family, and Stacy not being romantic... My empathy.
b.t.w, just want to tell you again how good you made me feel when you made such a fuss about liking the cookies so much. It really touched me.
If there is a Williams-Sonoma near you, they have an almond bundt cake mix that is easy and mindblowingly good/moist. I thought about you :)
Damn, i love the beach!!!
I WANT TO GO TO THE BEACH!!!!!!
And I love your comment about your hubs. You know...the beach is supposed to be the romantic spot, that place where you hold hands, make out on the sand, etc. We have been known to "have some fun" on the beach, but last time we went we were so pooped and surrounded by kids (and , let's face it, old!!) that we only shared a few kisses. Kinda disappointing, huh?
So sorry to hear about the family and the revelations about some people. Hope everything is okay now!
And, by the way, did I say yet that I want to go to the beach???!!!!!!
When Blogger isn't being so fussy, I'd love to see some beach pictures. I will take my vacation vicariously through you.
Welcome back
Nothing is completely perfect, just remember the fun part and flush the rest away.
Watch Rielly doesn't kidnap you father lol
Glad to see that you have made it back safely. Overall, it sounds like a vacation that was enjoyable with the exception of a few "overtures" that were not presented by the husband. Did you try any? ;-)
I want to go to the beach....Any beach would be fine with me. Vacationing with others is hard, espcially if you don't live with them daily. Sorry the hubby wasn't romantic...men are just not clued in sometimes. Sorry your back at work.
I think I would have rather had another root canal than go to work today. At least with the root canal you get the pain meds afterwards.
I'm jealous you got to go on vacation. Again. Without me.
:-P
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!
Post a Comment