Happy Birthday Carrie !
Yesterday was Carrie's birthday.
Most of you know who she is but for those of you who don't, she was Madison's caregiver since birth up until the beginning of this year when we decided to put her in pre-school.

Of course this little monkey was the first one to run up and yell HAPPY BIRTHDAY and give her a big ol' hug and a kiss. She loves her some Carrie and still goes to spend the night once in awhile with her.

My other half Stacy. I love this picture of him. Even if he IS wearing that K*yle Busch hat. *snort* This guy is one in a million. He takes good care of me and Maddie and does for everyone. Plus he's sexy and funny. An unbeatable combo in my book!

Here's the birthday girl herself cheesin'! Yes Katie that is a Vera Bradley bag, the Raspberry Fizz pattern. Us southern girls DO love our Vera!

This is her cake from the Coldstone Creamery. It was a devils food with peanut butter cups on top. Pretty good (although chocolate cake is not MY personal fave.) I don't think Coldstone can make a bad cake!

Carrie and Madison. I love them so!

Brittany, Carrie's daughter. She is the sweetest child and will do anything you ask of her. She's Madison's special buddy also. They are just like sisters and yes they even fight like sisters sometimes :)

Here is my eldest sister - the one who cleaned my house for me last week. Words can't express how much she means to me. She has done for me and taken care of me my whole life and I love her so much.

Here is my Momma, my best friend (next to Stacy), I can count on her for anything and know she is on my side all the way. She instilled my love of books and reading at a very early age. She has battled breast cancer twice and won. She is my hero.

Here is my Daddy. He is the smartest man I know and fair to a fault. I get my stubborness and my solid work ethics and morals from him. He has set a wonderful example and is the rock of our family.

That sums up our little celebration. I think Carrie had a very nice day. She wasn't surprised, ahem, because Brittany let the cat out of the bag but what can you expect from an eight year old. LOL
30 comments:

Looks like fun was had by all! Terrific pics, by the way!

And I SO would've loved a bite of that cake!!! ;)

Anonymous

That cake does look good. Wow. I love the ones from Marble Slab but I may have to find a Cold Stone nearby and get one of those for the next celebration.

Cute pics of the fam.

Happy birthday Carrie!

Hugs to the family for just being
them!


HUGS!

Happy Birthday Carrie!

Coldstone - YUM!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARRIE!!! I have never had anything bad from Coldstone. That cake looks devine.

Looks like a great celebration, and I love all the sweet tributes to your family and friends. Happy Birthday Carrie!!

I have had Coldstone before, but never had a cake from there. That is going to have to change now. That looks so delicious!!!!!

Happy Birthday Carrie!!!!

Ok I am jealous I want your family mine seems to be way to disfunctional. I'll keep my mom though she is a Angel.

I found your blog and have been lurking a tad. I had to post a comment.

In the South? It's DADDY. That's right, girl! My friends pick on me all the time because I am 37 and call the man who sired me "Daddy". That is who he is.

Wonderful pictures!

This comment has been removed by the author.

Aww, nice to see all these wonderful people in your life. And that cake???? I feel full just from looking at it.

Anonymous

Looks like everyone had a great time at the celebration with wonderful weather to boot! Stacy almost has that "You caught me with my hand in the jar" look. :-)

Better than the photos, I love how you described everyone! You are such a sweetie. :)

How much do I love seeing all your dear ones?!?!?! Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

That was fun, to see most of your most important people in one fell swoop! Stacy's eyes are very sexy blue! Oh, did I say that out loud??? Excuse me!!

I like your sis's do! Trés chic, ma cherie!

Happy Birthday Carrie

I see alot of love in your house.

Let the cat out of the bag HA
It's only a secret if only one person knows LOL

Only Americans like chocolate and peanut butter...and I love your older sisters funky hair, and your mother and father are just adorable...isn't it nice that we go from cute as a child to cute as an elder!!!

Awe...that's a great post!

I love that first picture of Madison. What a cutie. It was great seeing pics of all your family. I can really tell that you love them all a lot.

Happy Birthday to Carrie.

Anonymous

What a beautimous bunch of people! Looks like everyone had fun...Happy Happy to Carrie! Such a sweet post.

Looks like a lovely celebration Patti and everyone looks great, but I have to admit, I'm kinda partial to that cake picture.

I used have a family. :-(

MJ

Love the pics and love the celebration. My bestfriend had a nanny for her girl and they loved her so much. Caregivers like Carrie are amazing-sounds like the day was awesome.

Great post!! I love all the pics!

Stacy PQ- Thank you, the cake wasn't bad!

Shell- Never been to a Marble Slab but I have a feeling they are probably a lot the same!

Laure- Awww thanks!

Bella- Thanks, loves me some Coldstone!

Daisy- Me either, I think I would eat something from Coldstone I wouldn't venture to try anywhere else LOL

Cheryl- Awww thanks. The cakes are di-vine!

Man- We have our disfunctional branches too but i'll keep even then. Yep your Mom sure seems to be an angel :) :) :) She had you didn't she?!!

Miss Hope- Thank you - i've got you on my blogroll now. Yep it sure is "Daddy" your whole life!

Sandra- Thank you. I had the tiniest sliver and a little goes a l-o-n-g way!

AFOD- Yes he does, doesn't he? Hmmm

Chickie- Thank you honey, you are sweet to say that!

Casey- You are welcome and they are very very dear to me!

Lynilu- I told him, I told him and he blushed *snicker* My sis does her own thing and always pulls it together. Very eclectic is she.

Walker- I love love love the way you put that!

BEM- You mean the english don't like chocolate with peanut butter? I didn't know that! You are so right, old people are darling - as are babies! I never ever thought of it like that. You always give me a new viewpoint!

Chelle- Why thank you ma'am! :)

Caroline- I think this is the first time i've posted up close and personal about them.

Andie- Awww thank you hon!

Mike- It looked even better than picture - trust me! Thanks :)

BTE- Awww you are making me sad big guy. You've still got people who love you alot!

MJ- I can't ever repay Carrie for the peace of mind she gave me in taking care of Madison from age three months (when I went back to work) until we decided to put her in pre-school. I never had a moments worry while she was in Carrie's care. I am blessed.

Wendy- Thank you. I enjoyed your most recent ones also.

Wow- I didn't know Coldstone made cakes! I'm sure it was a fitting treat for such a celebration. You've been lucky to have such a good caregiver, as you realize. If I sat down and counted the sitters I've hired- it's probably been well over a hundred different people! And none of them became like family to us, either.

I can't get over how much Carrie looks like her daughter!

Hugs,
Betty

I love those pics. You look like a mashup of your mom & dad. Some kids look like one of their folks, but you really look so much like both of them! You can tell exactly where you got your features. That's so cool!

You have a beautiful family and friends - so many sweet loved ones! Happy Birthday to Carrie!

Take care - Kellan

Betty- Yes I have been very lucky. Britt is the spitting image of Carrie!

Melissa- Awww thanks I am proud to look like them - they rock!

Kellan- Thank you so much sweetie!

Patti: You all look FUN to me in these pics! My Mom is also a cancer survivor. Our Mom's are tough, aren't they! lol!

Michael- We are fun and huzzah to our wonderful fabulous tough Mom's!