I'm Ready
I'm really ready to dip these toes in the Atlantic Ocean and then rest them on the warm sand.
Cheeky and BELLA might remember these silk beach pants I bought on the Isle Of Palms, SC when we were there last August.

I went to the ear doc yesterday and got all of the inner ear packing out and he took off the bandaging from the back of my ear where the incision was. Yay! I was so glad to get the nut cup off! I can hear better too but he said after about six weeks my hearing should improve more so we shall see!

Anyway i'm trying my best not to focus on negative crap at work and just get through until my vacay. I don't care what awaits me when I come back. I hope if they are having a lay-off they go ahead and make the announcements and get it over with. The tension is mighty hard to work under. No matter what happens i'll make it through. Me and my sweet little family :)
33 comments:

Oh those pants are So adorable!!! Girl, you KNOW the ocean is my most favorite thing (well, except for Viggo and Jonathan, of course....;)

I know what you mean about the layoffs. They did that in the complex across the street from where I work...21 people were let go.

I don't think I have to worry about that so much as, if my own boss doesn't get re-elected this year, I may be out on my can. scares the hell out of me...because I carry all our insurances and make just a tad more money than The PK does...if I lose my job, I have NO IDEA what we'd do!

Anonymous

I'm hearing whispers about my company doing another round of lay-offs too. Sigh. I wish they would just go ahead and do it. I hate sitting on pins and needles wondering if it was going to happen or not.

I need to get my toes done. The
bad thing is that my last pedicure
was a bad one and the girl ruined
my toenails. I've been waiting till
they are back to normal before I
get them done. I won't go back to
that girl.

Relax and enjoy the ocean. I loved
swimming in the Atlantic when I was
growing up.

Congrats on getting the nut cup
off. So, CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? HA!

I wish you HUGS!!!!!!

Glad you got the nut cup off and you can hear now. Have a great vacation.

Have a wonderful time!

Have a great vacation and I am glad you got the nut cap off.

Love the pants so much! Glad the cup is off and hearing is better. Keep thinking positive thoughts, and focus on what is good. Things always work out.

Stacy PQ- The insurance really bothers me and yes I make good $ that would be pretty hard to duplcate but maybe we can move to Summerville - I would love that! Although change IS scary. Very.

Shell- Been hearing whispers, this is turning into roars now. We'll see. I sympathize with you my friend.

Laurie- I need to re-do mine before I go too. YEP I CAN HEAR YOU PRETTY DARN GOOD - LOL

Daisy- Thanks Hon, wish you & Man were meeting us or something :(

Bella- I plan to but it won't be as cool without you being there :(

Man- Thank sweetie. See my above comment to Daisy (hint hint for future reference)

Dakota- I really do try to think positive, really. Thank you!!!!

Anonymous

I bet those pants are comfy!

Have a great vacay and it doesn't do any good to worry about work, you know since you can't control it anyhow!!

honey i wont throw up the fact i live in florida now and have been in the water a ton and besides i have a pool!

patti your comment on my post yesterday you know honey your the only one i think understands and gets what i was saying. thank you!

kisses

TMP- They are but kinda slidey LOL You are absolutely right and I really try not to worry about things I cannot change...

Ryan- Awwww well i'm just glad I understand you fairly well! I try!

oooo yes! vacay time. and you look ready. love the silver nail polish on those nice toes and nice feet.

yaayyyhh on getting rid of the nut cup! i'm glad the procedure went well.

now patti, i know you are likely the mute while the rest of your colleagues are yapping all around you. surely you use visualization to disappear into your head while your body sits there. i'm not crazy about my place of work anymore either. but i am sooo in my head i look like a dunce. tune them OUT as much as you can while getting your work done.

;)

~m

I LOVE your toenails. They are just gorgeous!!!!!

I am VERY jealous of your beach trip!!! We aren't going until the end of July.

Have a great day!!!

(Hope work is better!)

Yippee for vacation! Mine is coming up next week!

Woohoo!!!
I'm goin for my mani/pedi tomorrow in my flip-flops and am gettin ready for my SC beachy-week too!

Will wave from Folly Beach on Saturday morning, when I take my morning stroll, maybe 9am est. and send my best wishes in the wind to you :-) Will blow Maddie a kiss too LOL.

Have a great time!

im lovin the toe nail polish..

those pants look cute...and im loving the flops..

Anonymous

I am going for a pedi tomorrow on my way outta town. Treating myself! I am SOOOOO ready!

Glad your ear is better.

Work crap is CRAPPY. I am in the middle of some stuff too. I just can't blog about it because people at work read my blog. Sigh. It blows.

Yep, I do believe you're ready for that vacay. The nut cup's off just in time! Be careful not to get any water in your ears while swimming! Or sand for that matter!

Hugs,
Betty

Cute pants! You look and sound ready to me - I'm excited for you!!!

Have a good day - Kellan

I like your attitude.
Why sweat it if you don't have to.
Just do your thing until you can hear what they are saying to you ;)

That's good news about your ear. Question? If you feel there is a layoff, are you looking for a job now? I'm sure finding a good job won't be easy, so I hope your getting a head start just in case.

M- Yes I do try to internalize myself and ignore all the bull. You have to in order to keep your sanity!

Cheryl- Thanks i'm partial to the silver nailpolish cos' I wear platinum & silver jewelry and it goes with everything! You'll be having a blast come July!!!

Dr S- So.... you coming to Oak Island,NC on yours? Hmmmmm???

Retro Girl- Will be waving to you at 9am on beach Saturday too and Maddie will blow you a kiss back. She loves blowing kisses!

FFM- Thank You, I heart my rainbows, i've got them in pink thinstrap (shown) and brown and green widestrap. All are equally comfy. Love em'!

Andie- Enjoy your mani/pedi! You deserve it! Hmmm can you use pseudeonyms. Probably not. Sucks that you can't write what you want.

Betty- Nope not getting nothing in the ear and will warn the kids on pain of death no splashing in my ear either! LOL

Kellan- Thanks honey, I am! I so am!

Walker- You always give GREAT advice! Thank you!

Bookbinder- I almost missed your comment, I was posting at the same time. I'm not exactly looking. I would get a good severance so i'd take the rest of the summer and possibly the year off.

I love those pants...I'm gonna find me some of those...I hope you have a wonderful vacation!,with everything you have been through....you deserve it!

years ago I worked at a place where lay offs loomed all the time. Finally ... I was laid off. It was THE BEST thing that ever happened to me. I wouldn't be where I am and with my hub today if I were not laid off.

Have an awesome vacay!

Chelle- Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

Wendy- I am looking it as this way, it may be a blessing in disguise :) Thank You I plan to!

Well at least if you get laid off, it will be at the beginning of summer.

Have a fine time with your sweet little family! I know it's already been said but I like those silver toes!

MJ

Have a great time by the ocean--forget about work, everything happens the way it is supposed to.

Looks exactly like something Lori would wear. What ever turns you on is good for me.

Mike - My sentiments EXACTLY

Chickie- Thank you - they go with everything :)

MJ- Absolutely, absolutely!!!

BTE- Oh I know *wink*

Ooooooh silver! That's really pretty! Soak up some rays for me too, I'm as white as a fish's belly still...

Yay for vacations and getting the nut cup off!