My Sister's Birthday
Instead of having it at a restaurant on Saturday cos' she had to go to Clemson with her sis-in-law we had it at my niece's house last night. Here are me & Madison. It was SO nasty and stormy and rained buckets but everyone came anyway.

Here are me and my goofy nephew. OMG I laughed so much last night. He is crazy and funny as heck. He is not "good with kids" (he SAYS he's not but he is) and I keep threatening to drop Madison off on his doorstep with a bag. He claims he'll call her a cab but I don't believe it!

I really think my Sis had a wonderful birthday. She got alot of nice gifts as well as some nice Red Hat Club gifts!


My parents are having to have their cat Sam put to sleep today. He has tumors that have started bleeding and it just seems like it is best for him. They are heartbroken. I am so sad for them. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet. Sam was one of the meanest cats I have ever known and he was treated like a king but that was just his nature. He was a rescue, so small when he came to them that he could slip underneath the doors. Now THAT is tiny! He had a good life and was well-loved. Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone (animal and human) could say that? Peace.
36 comments:

HAPPY BIRFDAY PATTI'S SIS!

FIRST BISHES!

Hugs to mom and dad on the loss of their kitty.....

Love the pictures...and your nephew looks just the type to say something like that too! :) Glad everyone came to the party!

And you are SO right about Sam having a good life and was well loved. That's the BEST kind of life for an animal and sometimes, if their quality of life gets so bad and you know they're in pain and hurting, it's actually a mercy to put them down. But still, it hurts your heart. I know if (and when) anything happens to Jezebel, I will be a mess for a long time.

My heart goes out to your folks, Patti.

My thoughts are with your folks.

Happy birthday to your Sis!

Cheeky- Thanks and congrats on being first!

Stacy PQ- It was a great party. It will be a mercy because they've had the tumors removed already a few months and they are coming back very aggressively. It hurts so much.

Bella- Thanks honey

i'm glad your sis had such a nice birthday! you and maddie look great in that picture.

sorry to hear about sam. :(

~m

The birthday party sounds like a good one. Happy Birthday Patti's Sister. Loved the pictures. So sad about Sam. Thoughts and hugs to your parents.

It's unfortunate that a lot of pets have better lives than human children. If only we could have bad parents put to sleep.

M- Thanks Honey. I knew it was coming for the poor guy though.

Daisy- Thank you, i'm glad I found out AFTER the party though.

Grant- Excellent idea!

Hi Patti,
I love both of your facial expressions !!. I think you should enrol him on some babysitting !!Hope your sis had a great birthday x

I'm glad you had fun with you family ... as witnessed by the pic of you and your nephew!! LOL!!

So sorry about Sam. It is hard to lose a pet who has become family, and I'm dreading my own next such experience. It's not far away, and I try not to think about it until I have to. :'(

looks like a fun party despite the bad weather.

So sorry about the kitty.

Shabby Chic- Thanks LOL

Lynilu- Yep shake the family tree and a few nuts WILL fall out! I know you know about the sad loss of a pet... all too well.

tommie- Thank you - it was!

Looks like a FABULOUS family get-together!!! I love those days when I laugh so hard!!!

Rest in peace Sam - your people really loved you!!

Looks like everyone had a good time...Sorry about Sam the cat. We are facing some of the same issues with my dog Millie. It's a hard and sad choice!

Cheryl- Me too! We were all emailing this morning how much we enjoyed it!

Sandra- Thank You! Yes they did!

Anonymous

Sounds like everyone had a great time. And when guests attend when it's raining buckets speaks volumes about you and Sis! Give my best to your parents on the loss of Sam. :-(

Chelle- It really is :( My sympathy on Millie also.

S- Thank you so much

Happy Birthday to your sis

Looks like you all had a wonderful time and the ones that say they don't along with kids are the ones that are best at it because usually they're still kids.

Looks like you are trying to sneak your tongue in his ear in that picture LMAO!!!!

I feel your parent's pain.

Ewww!! I was not!
Thanks, I know you know how they feel losing Emme. :(

I'm so sorry about the cat.I know
how hard it is to do that but, ya
just gotta think of how they feel.
I wish they would do that for
people as well.

Your family would fit in perfect
with mine. Just a bunch of fun.

HUGS!!

Sorry to hear about your parent's cat. Seems to be a lot of that going around these days. Happy birthday to your sister.

Anonymous

Awww. So sad about Sam.

Glad you had a great visit with your sister, and that she had a great day. Nice when that happens:)

Nephews can be the greatest!

Happy Birthday to your Sis - glad she had a good party! Sorry to hear about your parents cat - that's sad.

Take care and have a good evening - Kellan

Madison just keeps getting cuter and cuter.

Laurie- I am just glad he's not suffering anymore and the stress is off of them.

Mike- I know :( It kills me a little inside every time.

Andie- I am blessed with a wonderful family. We are always there for each other I can say that.

Kellan- Thank you honey.

BTE- Awwww thank you!

Ugh, your poor parentals. I'll be thinking of them. That's a shame.

Fun fam members make fam get togethers doable, no?

Looking at the photo of you w/your nephew, it looks like the apple didn't fall far from the tree! :)

He had a good life and was well-loved. Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone (animal and human) could say that? So true.

Sounds like you have a fun family! It must be so nice to have relatives nearby. I've lived far from family since I was 17- maybe explains a lot...

I'm so sorry to hear about beloved Sam, but I AM glad that he lived a good life full of love. he must have given a lot too in his own way.

Hugs,
Betty

Hi! I'm new to your blog, but I've been reading for a few weeks now, and wanted to say hi! I found it while searching for a place to have one of my handbags monogrammed ;)

SFG- Thanks sweetie!

Chickie - :) I've always been very close to my nieces & nephews. I know how much you love your Sylvie!

Betty- Don't know what i'd do without my family. Sam loved my parents but they are the only ones!

Kristy- Hi and welcome. I've added you to my blogroll and will take some time to poke around your blog when I get a spare moment.

For some reason after reading the beginning of this post I've got that Poison song "Nuthin but a good time" running through my head!

Sad news about your parents' pet. :(

So sorry about your Mom and Dad's cat..and I hope your sister had a good Birthday..
Bunches of hugs...

Jessica - Thanks, hon. Now i've got that song running through MY head!

Miss Songbird- Thank you, she did :)