Happy Mothers Day Everyone!

I want to pay tribute to my Mother In Law, "Miss Hazel". She raised a wonderful son who grew up to be my husband and my child's father.
No, we don't always see eye to eye. We are two VERY different people. She is a perfectionist and a control freak. She knows this however and tries to work on it. She has a heart of gold and her family means everything to her. She lives for my little girl whom she calls "Princess". Honestly I don't think i've heard her call her "Madison" or "Maddie" half a dozen times in her whole life! To her grandchildren she is "Ma".
She is a person I know I can be myself and be completely honest with and knows I expect the same from her. A few weeks ago Madison and I went down and spent the week-end with her and that was one of the best week-ends I have ever had.
P.S. Does auto publish work for anyone else? It sure doesn't work for me!
17 comments:

Wow- I get to be the first to comment on this post! I'd say you are blessed to have such a great Mother in Law. You just don't hear tributes like this one very often! I'm wondering if there's a correlation between having a great husband and having a great MIL- in your case, it's true!

Happy Mother's Day to you and "Ma"!

Hugs,
Betty

Happy Mother's Day!

It's nice that you can see the differences, recognize that she is trying to fit in better, that she adores your daughter, and that for all the differences, she is there for you. Wow. What more could a MIL ask for? A wonderful tribute, Patti. :)

Happy Mother's Day to you and Ma!

By "auto publish" do you mean scheduling a post to publish later? If so, when you're finished writing, go to the bottom where it says "Options." In Options, set the time and date that you want, and then simply click on "Publish."

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mothers Day!!!!

HUGS!!

You really are a lucky girl to have such a loving wonderful mother in law.

There's nothing in the world like a girl's grandma...A mama is one thing, but a grandma is a special special angel :-)

Happy Mother's day - wonderful mommy of Madison *hugs* Thank you for sharing all the love, and joy she brings your family with all of us. It brings me great hope and cheer....*hugs*

OH*WOW!!! Can I tell you how fortunate you are to have such a mother-in-law despite your differences and how lucky Madison is to have such a wonderful person in her life that thinks of her as a Princess. I was lucky to have a good grandma.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

Anonymous

That's really cool Patti. I don't have a MIL, J's Mom died when he was 3 and his Grandma that raised him died years before I came along. I really wish I had that kind of relationship to rely on though. I didn't have it the first go around either. That's awesome that you do. Happy Mother's Day to a pretty awesome Momma!

All - Thank you so much. She really is a great woman and we are lucky to have each other and we TELL each other so!

thats so sweet patti , a lucky mother in law too , to have you all x

Very sweet post, Patti. Maddie is a Princess.

patti, this is a VERY SWEET post from a wonderful daughter-in-law. it is truly wonderful when you love the in-laws so much that you want to celebrate them. HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY to you, girlie!

;)

~m

btw, that auto publish feature works fine for me.

She sounds like a wonderful grandmother to her favorite Princess Madison - and you are an excellent Mom, Patti !

Happy Mother's Day to you both :)

wonderful trubute to the MIL...Happy Mothers Day!

Awww. So sweet.. I'm glad you all had a happy Momma's Day!

Happy Momma's Day!

Ours was over 2 months ago!!

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day but you were at the track so I know you did LOL