Wish I had some pictures
to go with this post. Oh my what a Saturday I had!
I was out of good reading material so it was off to the library.
Stacy & Madison were off to Harbor Freight and then to his friend T's house so I knew I had some time. I made the most of it and got some fabby books so ya know I was in a good mood.
Well I knew we were due to have high winds from about 10a.m.-7p.m. with gusts up to 70mph.
I saw one power line down on the way to the Library and while I was at the Library some lighting went out. I thought "I'd better get on home" cos' the wind was really affecting my driving even.
I get home and what do I see?
For one, our carport all torn to hell. I could take a pic of that still but not too interesting.
Then I notice Madison's Bouncy House merrily skittering along through a neighbors yard.
Thank Bob I got home when I did cos' it would have been GONE and probably never seen again.
I leapt out of the car and took off after it.
Well, you should have saw me trying to wrestle it back through the other yard THEN I hit the !@#$%^&*&%$##@! tree line (which seperates the yards) with all the bare branches and stuff. Oh the cussing - but I prevailed.
I got the Bouncy House back over on the side of the house and then ran inside to put away my groceries (I had some frozen things).
I glance up and sonofabitch it goes flying by again.
I dash out of the house and catch it before it goes through the friggin branch hell and wrestle it back to the side of the house again then I drive Madison's Barbie Bug into it.
There, that sucker oughta hold ya down. Hah!
I go back in and resume putting groceries away.
Then, I am getting some clothes out of the Dryer when I see a strange dog cruise by the doorway in my yard. I remember Reilly is still outside from the mad dash for the Bouncy House and I run outside.
Oh !@#$%^&& there is a HUGE Great Dane out there as well as a big brown/white spaniel.
I panic and toss Reilly into the house and then I remember "Oh, those are Karen's dogs".
Karen is my groomer who lives down the road a little ways. I call the dogs to me and they are friendly and gentle as lambs but very excited about their freedom and I have no way of restraining them.
I know I can't get to the phone (note to self: we need a cordless phone and one with a built-in answering machine).
I talk to the dogs urging them to stay here, come on be good boys etc. and I dash in and grab my cellphone which was turned off.
I coax the dogs back (see how fast they started off as soon as I went in the house?) and I called Karen and she was on her way down to get them.
The Great Dane (who I am not shitting you came almost up to my shoulder just standing on four legs) decided "OH this is such a nice lady I think i'll jump up on her" and hilarity ensued.
I don't know WHAT that dog weighs but it's more than me. I told him "One more time boy and we'll both be flat on the ground".
The Spaniel in the meantime stood there grinning, as Spaniel's will. He had much to grin at believe me.
Then Thankfully Karen pulled up in her minivan and ushered the dogs inside. She thanked me for calling her.
They had gotten away and she had no idea which direction they had gone.
I shudder to think if they had made it to the main road which is not that far. Anyway that is my version of "Windy Day from Hell".
31 comments:

Gosh that does sound like a windy day , a bit like the wizard of oz!.
Great Danes are massive too!, like horses!(virtually).
Maddison was lucky by the sounds of it to get her bouncy castle back.
In the uk today it is rainy and wet and quite windy, doesnt sound as bad as your storm though!
I would lie school to be cancelled! so we could all snug up me and the kids!x

No wonder you were drinkin Martini's later on LOL

Shabby- Yep snuggling with the ones you love sounds like a plan to me! I don't know when we've had wind THAT bad!

Cheeky- Girl I would have been smoking crack had it been available LOL I was so stressed out

Wow....that's one crazy Saturday!

Yeah, a day like that would definitely call for some booze later on...;)

Stacy PQ- Yep it sure did!

Heh..if only someone had been following you with a camera! Seeing you wrestle that bounce house in all that wind may have been very entertaining! :P

Holy shit. See, wind makes me more nervous than just about anything.

I hate wind storms like that. They are right down scary. Glad you made it through alright and that you can look back on the whole thing and laugh.

You didn't need just pictures, you needed a video of this! We had horrendous wicked wind on Saturday too. It was blowing between 50 and 70 miles an hour! It was scary.

Oh my...I can just see you running down the road after the bouncy house!!! You are quite the Super Mom for retreiving it!! :-)

Oh man, sorry...but it is pretty damn funny:)

Pictures??? Heck, I am yearning for some video footage!!! I'm with Flip Flop, it is pretty funny! :)

My sister had a similar event after a windstorm. They couldn't find their daughters' trampoline....until they looked up. It was in a neighbor's tree!

Anonymous

Holy Hannah you had a wild day!

Wind is a PITA and can be very dangerous! I am glad no animals or people were injured!

We had a 20 foot tree limb fall on F tards side. I go drag it to our yard so i can cut it up later and here comes F tard waddling as fast as he can. He wants to go halvesy's on getting the trees trimmed... I told him I'll think about it. I did for 1/2 a second. He then wanted to get together with me and cut the limb up. I told him no thanks I have a chainsaw and I will do it sometime in the next few days... Ah I love the weather.

HA!! I got tired of that wind here and sent it your way! I knew you needed some excitement in your life, right?? :D And you got exercise, too!!

Nope, no thanks necessary! That's what friends are for, dear Patti!

BTW, next time, let the air out of the bouncy house. Jus' sayin'.

I wish I could have as much fun as you do. ;)

Jenie- I'm sure my neighbors loved it if they were watching!

SFG- Me too, lightening a close second but wind #1

Mike- A sense of humor really does help in everything! :)

Daisy-What in the heck was up with the crazy wind all over???

Cheryl- How could I EVER have explained to my babygirl where her Bouncy House went?!!

FFM- It is, which is why i'm sharing. Everyone can use a funny on Monday ;)

Jessica- Had the Bouncy House gone much further it, too would have ended up in a tree. Wind is really awesome when you think about it!

TMP- Little five pound. Reilly was scared to death. I had to really keep an eye on him while outside.

Man- Okay you had me at "waddling" Bwaaa haaaa haaaa!!!

Lynilu- Gee thanks, you are a pal! Seriously I didn't expect it to really get that bad and we will definitely let the air out of the Bouncy House if it even THREATENS again!

WOW! That is one big adventerous day. I'm glad everyone is safe.

I think the pictures in our imaginations have got to trump any actual photos anybody could have taken! It's worth having a Bouncy House just for the sake of stories like this one, I'd venture.

Hugs,
Betty

Hilarious! Even without pics I imagined the entire event playing in my head like some 80s sitcom, with canned laughter and everything.

what a crazy day! We had a trampoline get tossed into our brick fireplace when we lived in OK!

Casey- Thanks - me too!

Betty- It was something else LOL

Martini- Only you *wink*

tommie- I can believe it!!!

Patti, I'm sorry girl but I'm
laughing so hard right now I can't
drink my coffee without it coming
out my nose.
Sorry that happened to you really I
am.

Sorry about the wind storm. Glad no one was hurt. I would probably have needed a sedative..or some strong coffee..lol

Laurie- It's okay I was able to laugh about it too!

Miss Songbird- I'm glad too because somebody could well have been!

That does sound like "the windy day from hell"! What a story - it sounded like a cartoon - would make a good cartoon or children's book!! The Windy Day (with Great Danes and spaniels and blow-up thinkgs flying in the air) - remember me if you write this book and become rich and famous - tee hee!

Have a good evening - see you soon. Kellan

OMG the mental picture I have of you running after that bouncy house! LOL. I hate high winds...(we get that a LOT here, outside Chicago and everything goes blowing away...I hear ya!) You definitely earned those martinii's...and some retail therapy!! :-)

oh holy hell, patti! chasing the bouncy house, and reilly, and having the great dane almost topple you, trumps my tree fall during those high winds! LOL! seriously.

I guess you could say your weekend blew LOL
Sounds like you had a fun time even if it was stressful at the time

Katie- It was a day i'll tell you that. Blogger has done that to me also lately.

Kellan- Maybe it would make a good children's book - minus the cussing of course!

Retro- Might do the retail therapy this week-end. :) You DO live near the "windy city". Whew.

namaste- Mine might have been more funny but a tree falling - good lord! I'm glad no one was hurt!

Walker- Ha haaaaa good description. Too bad I used up all my good mood on the week-end and now i'm a bitch on Tuesday a.m. :(

The mental image of you steering the Barbie Bug into the bouncy house has me in stitches. I realize you prolly didn't hop in the thing, but that's how I'm picturing it.

Katie is right. One Hell of a day! When this settles down, I will write you a Rx for a full body massage, nails, pedicure and facial at the Spa of your choice! You deserve it Patti! :)