All Out Of Sorts Today

It's mostly home stuff. Madison is getting out of control and i'm afraid she's turning into a spoiled brat. That kid has everything, we do everything for her and I just want to run away screaming sometimes and live like a bag lady. It gets to be too much. NOTHING compared to what others are going through right now, I realize that. I do have it good. I have a family who I love and who loves me, I have a place to lay my head at night, food to eat, a car that runs, money in the bank, no huge debt.... i'm just.... I don't know. I left the house in anger this morning and I feel bad about that but sometimes you can only take so much.
41 comments:

I've been there...only it's The PK I sometimes feel is spoiled rotten.

Tell you what...when I've finally had enough and pack my bags for Costa Rica, you want me to give you a call??? No one likes to drink on the beach alone, you know??? ;)

Stacy PQ- Yeah definitely call me. I'm in.

You will have these moments hon and while you do feel guilty its ok. We have had to do some reigning in of the kids over the last year. We stopped giving. Not that they were being punished but Mr. Cheeky and I felt that there was no appreciation or respect and it was an expectation from them and in the long run, that is doing more harm than good. We want to give our kids what they want, we have the means to do it, but we survived not having every little thing handed to us and they will too. Actually, its part of where our work ethic came from, wanting to get a job early on to have the things we wanted. Ya know what I mean?

OH and can I tag along with you and Peanut Queen to Costa Rica?

If there's a trip to Costa Rica, sign me up! :P

I think we all have days like this, hon. I don't have any kiddies, but I still have my days of just feeling...down. I hope you're feeling better soon. And if I was closer, I would totally come take that kid off your hands for a few hours, brat or not. :)

patti, the less "things" given the better. children do not care about all the "things." and can i ask you to stop comparing yourself to others, girlie?! the difficulties you face are just as heart-wrenching in their own right. you are as entitled to complain/vent/cry as the next person. don't beat yourself up for having a good life. no matter how good it is, shitty days still come and cause stinkin heartaches.

i like what cheeky said, even if you can afford to give everything, you don't have to. as far as leaving your home angry, sometimes that just can't be avoided. we ALL have those days. ((((HUGS))))

Cheeky- I know EXACTLY what you mean and you know you can tag along.

Jenie- Yep counting you in on the Costa Rica trip too. Thank you, her Dad doesn't make it any better *sigh*

Namaste- I know, I know :(

Anonymous

Hang in there. Things will get better. Go watch the video with dogs and wigs on my site. That still makes me crack up.

Send her to school for a year in someplace like Yemen. She may learn to appreciate what she has a little more.

I've been there, done that. I am sorry you're having a bad day. {{{HUGS}}}

PS. Count me in on the Costa Rica getaway!!

Taking notice of the small things has been very helpful lately. Roof over my head, car, job, etc., etc. The rest is slowly falling into place.

Anonymous

Ahhhh. We all have bad day(s), even if there is no serious justification. Just roll with it and know that it too, shall pass!!!

Namaste had it right EVERYONE has those days. Your entitled to it because your part of the human race. And this too shall pass my dear. Bout leaving the house angry... Um who hasn't?

About Costa Rica I'd rather go to Puerto Rico. But don't worry I will call you while your on the beach there and I'll be on the Puerto Rico Beach. We will compare sand quality and drinks sweetie. :)

Hope the day gets brighter!!!

Anger is as much a part of being human as anything else. It happens. We've all been there. It'll pass in time.

As much as it pissed me right the fuck off when I asked for shit and did not get it (though the parents had the means) I now see (hi, 17 years later) that it was for the best. I could have easily ended up a spoiled, entitled brat. (SHUDDUP)

Now I'm just a brat. It's way easier.

And I don't know Stacy the PQ but I am coming to Costa Rica - just so y'all know. I will bring liquor if that gets me in.

everyone's allowed to be displeased at times, c'MON!!

Shell- Yeah something about animals dressing up tickles me too!

Grant- Seriously!

Daisy- I know, we all have them. You are def counted in on Costa Rica!

Katie- I had to do that or have a nervous breakdown right here at work.

TMP- I know, better days ahead!!!

Man- I rarely leave the house without a kiss and an "I love you". I did neither this morning to the two I love best in the whole wide world. I feel very guilty. I'll gladly compare sand & liquor hehe....

Mike- I guess I keep a handle on the anger so well most of the time.

SFG- You know you are counted in too and you would love Stacy PQ!

Gleds- I know, female/mother guilt. Something like that.

Anonymous

I can't even begin to imagine being a mom and juggling everything that is involved with bringing up and molding a young life. You are a rockstar at it!!!! So what if you get overwhelmed from time to time? No one said it would be easy and I know that you're doing a better job of it than most. Keep up the good work and shoot a couple of shots of tequila along the way if you need to. ;)

A.

No one ever comments me...they just reference it when I see them. My friends are losers...lol

Just happened upon your blog..enjoyed reading...as far as your post today...must be something in the air(and we're practically neighbors) I have felt the same way today..

These days are not fun - but they are to be expected. I have 4 spoiled kids - if that helps any! I hope your evening is better and that you have a good day too! See you soon Sweetie - take care. Kellan

Ang- Thanks for the kind words, you just need to hear it once in awhile I guess!

Mike- Tell em' they, too can be blog supahstars like us! LOL

Chelle- Howdy neighbor. I think mine is Aunt Flo *sigh*

Kellan- I am sure tomorrow will be a much better day! Thank You!

Don't be so hard on yourself. We all have to admit that we've done the same thing. Now that you see what's happened by spoiling her, it's time to put the effort into "un"-spoiling her. It's not going to be easy, but she will be better off in the long run for it.

Lately I've been chatting with a few women that have older sons (20 & 25) that don't work and mostly just hang out playing video games all day. They have finally got tired of it and wonder how they can get them off their ass and find a job.

I tell them it's not the kids fault, they brought them up that way, so what did you expect would happen? Guess I could say something similar to you too.

Good luck Pattie.

Don't worry too much about daughter being bratty. All kids experience that or go through episodes of it, usually... I watched 9 nieces and nephews go thru it once in a while, and none of them turned out that way. Life is FULL of situations that curb that behavior but quick!

All you can do is be a good mom and do your best. Life will take care of the rest.

Maybe it's time to pull out that monkey sweater and have a cold French martini. :)
~S

I'm with Shephard do the Martini thingy. Also... take care of Daisy while you're in Costa Rica. I know you feel guilty cause I've been there done that also. You have a great hubby and one that loves you so he will understand. It's ok to tell Maddie she can't have something.

I sorry...Helga says she's sorry
too.
You have a right to complain it's
human.
I thought too that I should ship
Helga to you and let her visit.

HUGS!!!!

Also, on Ryan's blog I was about to
leave the same comment you did.
Ain't that a hoot.

Hey, girl. I so know where you are coming from. When I was a kid, we didn't have money for a lot of things that I wanted (but didn't need) and I find myself spoiling the boys way too much and I feel they don't appreciate it. I've tried to ease up on the giving, but it is hard because a lot of the things we do (go to the movies, shopping, theme parks, etc.) are things that I like to do with them but it pisses me off when they get pissy because they aren't getting something they want because they have so much already. It's like, look kid, I just took you to a movie and the mall and you wanna bitch because we're not playing putt-putt too?

Agh.

Sorry for ranting so much here.

You can come visit me. I'll call in sick to work and we'll go to the beach!

BTE- Being that she's only thre and i'm cognizant of it hopefully you will NEVER have to say that to me!

Shephard- Nice to see you my friend. I haven't wore that monkey sweater in awhile. Maybe it IS time! Thank you!

Man- You know Daisy would be safe with me. Yes i'm lucky with Stac I know. He spoils her worse than me though!

Laurie- Helga would be welcomed with open arms. She could learn about Mortgage Banking. Girl I am serious. You would read about us in the paper if someone started shit with Ryan at Darlington. I was FURIOUS when I read that. Those boys parents need to tan their rear ends but good (but they are probably no better)

Chickie- EXACTLY. We do things for her because I enjoy them too. You know where im coming from. Thank you. I am going to shock you one day and plan a trip. I pinky swear.

I know you hate to hear/read it, but this happens to the best of us. And this too shall pass. I'm sure that's no comfort right now. But we still love you and we KNOW how you feel. Keep your head up...Hugs!

Aw, Patti, I'm sorry to hear you're in a funk. And everyone is right ... it happens to everyone. Hells-bells, girl, it happens to me and I can't blame it on the kid or the hub or anything like that. It just is. Hugs, dear, and I can promise it will get better. :)

patti being the only child 4 a while i drove my mom crazy but it anit til now that i see that in part thanx 2 u and trust me it will get better and u have all us here in blog land 2 lend a ear when u need one.

kisses!

It's ok we all have to deal with spoiled kids, big and small and don;t feel bad about loosing it, it only means you are normal.
You would make a hot bag lady BTW

I know exactly what you mean. My two nephews are spoiled beyond belief. But, since my sister is now separated from her hubby and strapped for cash, the kids are finally learning to live with less toys and hopefully it will be a big eye-opener for them.

Dearest Patti: You are only human. You took a "time out" and I know you will find a balance and all will work out. :)

Dawn- No, I need to hear it again and again and again. Seriously!

Lynilu- Thank you, I needed that cyber hug :)

Ryan- Thank you sweetie! I know it and I treasure all of you!

Walker- I know, thanks! You always make me smile!

Martini- I've got to put the breaks on my girl before we ruin her. I take full responsibility.

Michael- Thank you, today is a much better day Thank God!

I love the Ikea commercial where the kids are acting up and the mom comes in yelling, "OK! You know what? Somebody needs a time out!" And then she goes in her beautiful bedroom, shuts the door and relaxes in peace.

Heh.

No question about it- each parent has a limit! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has been pushed beyond that limit.

Hugs,
Betty

Hi Patti,
It does get easier when they get to school, as they have to learn things like sharing and being friends . I used to cry with frustaration when my daughter acted like a madam. Now its better , shes still a madam occasionally!!. Dont blame yourself, .

I totally feel you on this girlfrin'.
My kid is a brat sometimes and I helped make her that way.
It pisses me off...but I heart her.

Patti,
And see, what I love is that you are honest enough to admit you get mad. I'm always afraid to and feel like I have to apologize. I admire you -- kids are a terror sometimes, no matter how much you love them.