That Time O' The Month!

Sweet economy-size baby Jesus!
Thank you for Tranzine because without a half one in the morning all of my blogging friends would see me on CNN or read about me on Yahoo News.
I'd be the one who took out the whole first floor of her Crying Cow Bank building with an Uzi. Yep that would be me.


That is if I didn't drive into High Hill Creek on my way into work after fighting once again with my three year old about what is proper wear for a balmy March morning that will grow into a fairly hot March day.
NO you cannot wear Dora tights with your gingham checked shorts and green shirt.


NO you cannot wear the Dora tights, long sleeved shirt and overalls, you will burn up.


NO you cannot wear the black/red dress with the crinoline underneath to school, it's a special occasion dress.


NO you cannot wear a dress with a big honking candy cane on it.


Um, what DID she end up wearing? Glad you asked. The Dora tights and a t-shirt dress with flowers on it. Some battles you just have to give into eventually. It was the lesser of the evils trust me.
Must go take my Tranzine now. Is it 3:30 yet?????????!!!!


(seriously though typing all this out made me laugh so who says blogging isn't therapeutic). Better to laugh than cry as my dear Momma has often said!


Also I wanted to let you know when I start leaving comments I start at the bottom of my blogger list and work my way up. If you haven't posted I try to check back later but don't always succeed. I always try to catch up if I see i've missed a post. Just to let you know you are not forgotten and I DO check!
34 comments:

Well, the battle's over, you've made it to work, and it's Friday! :) Hope the rest of your day flies by and you have a nice relaxing weekend!

Jenie- Amen, sister, amen and enjoy the baby shower!!!

Anonymous

Pass the drugs please...

They gave me vicoden after my surgery. Holy crap it was like the cramps were erased! (I guess there is something good about having girly cramps right after neurosurgery!!!)

Feel better, emjoy the weekend!

No PMS for me anymore.....whooooot-whoooooot! :)

Anyway, I can see how that would make you a little crazy. She's too little to understand....but old enough to argue about it!

Hang in there...only a few more hours to go till the weekend!

You have a strong minded child too, I see. Yes...we do have to pick and choose our battles. Maybe choices will be easier when the weather decides what it wants to do...

And...I wish every man could have PMS just once! I'm sure they couldn't handle it...

Anyway...TGIF

We used to argue with our first kid about what she wanted to wear. It was a never ending battle. When the other two came along we were just too tired to fight anymore. We let them go to school wearing whatever goofy outfit they chose. The other kids at school put them in line pretty quick.

But hey, the good news is that it is is Friday. Enjoy your weekend.

The candy cane dress sounds good for all occasions. You should have caved on that one.

Shell- You need some too seriously!

Jessica- Vicodan constipates me but it does give a delightfully woozy sensation LOL

Stacy PQ- Hopefully no more for me soo too. Yep week-end woo hoo!

Chelle- Oh I know another Mom of a toddler completely gets it. Yes I wish just once they would have PMS. Alot of the jokes would stop.

Mike- I am just about to adopt that philosophy. This is one kid who definitely has to learn on her own.

Grant- I'm going to beat you over the head with a candy cane for that one!

But it's DDDDDDDOOOOOORRRRRRRAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

PMS is a wanton whore. I hate that bitch.

When I was at the firm, a partner had his daughter in one day. She had on a teal colored skirt, some striped shirt, and PINK cowboy boots with knee socks. I'm not kidding. We were all 3 in the elevator and I looked at her, looked at George and he goes "It just was not worth the fight."

Amen.

Wow, you and I PMS the same way. hehe.

wow. you are a blogger pro. and so loyal. glad i found you, girlie!

hugs! ... uh.. make that *wave!* (cuz i don't like to be touched when i'm in pain)

oh the joys of parenting the head-strong!

feel better!

Hey girl, when I punch my job in the face I'll make a quick swing down your way and take care of Crying Cow for ya.

... and then we'll go have lunch. ;-)

Katie- You get a gold star for getting the Dora whine down PAT!

SFG- Sometimes it's just not. I'll let her dress like a clown for school and take her picture and blackmail her when she's older and knows better! heh heh.

Misty- I'm with SFG PMS is a whole lotta dirty words strung together!

Namste- I'm so glad I met you too. You are golden my friend.

Melissa- Deal and i'll buy!

"NO you cannot wear a dress with a big honking candy cane on it."

Just as well, as THAT is what I wore today! ;)

Anonymous

I remember those with my son. I know that kids have no clue about matching or weather... I guess that is what we are for!!!

Have a super duper weekend!

tigeryogiji- I'm not responsible for dressing YOU LOL

TMP- Yep we are the voice of reason. Or the devil as the case may be!

Move over, I'm grabbing the other
oar. You ain't rowing alone.

I'll help ya slap the stupid out of
people. I think it's good for the
soul. Very cleansing.

Hi patti, I got a hearty chuckle from your post of woes from this morning! Ah the little joys of motherhood and PMS! (found you from laurie's blog).
wendy

I tried not to laugh but lost it when you mentioned the dress with the candy cane on it!!!!!!!!!!:D

YAY MADDIE!!! FASHION STATEMENT!!!!:D

Yikes, hope the weekend is a bit more peaceful!

We have not had the clothes battles yet. She has this little hook on her closet door that I hang her next day's outfit on at night time. Knock on wood, so far she just puts it on!

It is once she gets home from preschool that she changes into fifty million other clothes.

Oh, she reminds me so much of Alexis!! Alexis wants to pick out every single outfit - since she was 3 years old.

Thanks too for your continued prayers for your sweet baby - have a great weekend - Kellan

I meant for "our" sweet baby - thanks! Kellan

BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!!! SOOO GLAD I DON"T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT EITHER THING (that time of the month and a strong willed child) ANY MORE!!! I would be inclined to "hide" the items of clothing that are either for special occasions or holidays.

Do you really have an Uzi?

Can I borrow it when you're done?

Hope you get to chill out this weekend!

Hi love the pms poster, I take a supplement called Agnus castus started taking it two weeks ago, its meant to regulate your hormones . You have to take it for 3 months to see benefits. I will notice any benefit!Near that dreaded time!

yes children and clothes they do like to mix and match !

Please know I don't expect replies to my comments!! :~)

I had to put out of season clothes AWAY - in boxes, out of sight - because if she saw them, she wanted to wear them, and didn't care what the temp was. So, I fixed that battle by elminating the choice from her. Worked like a charm!!

ps ... now that she's nearly 11, she's too "cool" to wear warm things when it's cold. Hell, it may cover up a shirt she wants seen. Hub tells her "Huh ... must need to be cold to be cool!"

After reading this I guess I'm glad I have a boy...He used to be fussy about choosing his own attire, but now he won't dress unless I choose his clothing! He's been pretty well matched for a couple of years now but believe me, he has a sketchy past.

Hugs,
Betty

Just came by to say hello Patti ! You cracked me up with the what to wear for Princess dilemna ! She is definitely a strong willed little one :)

cramps and kds are pains in the rear end;)

LOL!!! You CRACK me up, girl!!!!

Yes, clothes battles are NOT worth it!! Scout wore a dance costume to a baby shower this weekend!!!

I hope you had a nice weekend. Hapy St Paddy's Day..