I had to go get a new ID badge picture made (the other was short blonde hair - so not me these days LOL) then look over some stuff before I remembered I didn't put up a blog post yet.
Still no word on the job but I am supposed to hear something today. I will post an update when I do so y'all send positive vibes okay? Just some random things i'm going to post in bullets.
* I hate waiting on things but I love having something to look forward to. Does that make ANY sense?
* I am so sick sick sick of going to doctors and the people I love having to go to the doctor. I could just SCREAM.
* Sometimes my husband DOES take the intiative and does something even when I tell him not to. Thanks honey.
* Why in the world is everything associated with dance class so freaking expensive? Almost $90 for a costume that she would normally only wear at her recital (but they have an engagement at the Miss Darlington Pagaent next Saturday night) is excessive in my opinion. Not to mention we always have to buy the "special" tights and this time "special" paint to paint the shoes. Geez Louise!
* Why can I not chase away this little black cloud that seems to be following me around these days??? Shoo! Little Cloud - Shoo!
* I know I am the one in control of my own happiness. Why can't I break free and do something if I really want to? Why do I always make excuses? I get so mad at myself.
* Posting random thoughts on my blog does not constitute talking to my internet friends behind anyone's back. It is just a way to vent. I repeat -Just a way to vent. Cheaper than going to a psychiatrist too.
* There is a picture of Madison right after she turned 1 wearing a beautiful red dress for Christmas. We did it so her "Pa" could see her looking so pretty. He died a few days later. I love that picture of her and will always be glad we did that.
* I miss my FIL so much. For some odd reason I had a dream about him and SFG's FIL last night. Maybe because we both loved our FIL's alot.
* Thank you to everyone who takes a moment to come here and read my mundane postings. Even if you don't leave a comment, I appreciate you. The ones who do comment, and especially the ones who comment regularly, Thank You from the bottom of my heart for caring and making me smile, making me laugh and giving different points of view.
Too Salty for my Own Good
8 years ago

Wait til she wants to be on dance team in high school. Oh yeah, those fees are NICE.
I want my black cloud to leave to.
I have not had a dream about my FIL in the longest. Now I see why. Him be in SC. :)
Make sure to email a bitch when you hear about the jobby.
Can't wait to hear if you got the job!!!
I remember those dance fees. Ridiculous!
Have a great weekend.
Anything extra cirricular is spendy - case in point - hockey for the manchild - roughly about a cool grand per season. No joke.
I am really thinking that we need to get the blogger bitches together really really soon.
You're lucky that you get to have new ID badges made! At my job, the photo you take on the first day is the one that follows you for the rest of your life there.
The dance class stuff is crazy! Maybe you can find someone who did the show last year or pass down Maddie's outfit to someone else? Or do they not do the same show from one year to the next?
I hate ID photos, they're almost as bad as DL photos.
Let me know when you find out about the job.
You're right, about being in control of your own happiness.
But, until you can break free of whatever is holding you back, there's always wine.
;-)
We loves ya woman!
SFG- I think the equivalent of that is cheerleading here.
Damn black clouds bugging me and all my peeps.
Yeah he is in good hands hanging out with my FIL for sure :)
You know I willl,good or bad news.
Daisy- Thank you, oh well it's good for her I just had to bitch a little hehe....
Cheeky- I bet hockey IS expensive. Yeah i'm agreeing with that a whole lot. Vegas???
Chickie- I have an old badge somewhere - heinous! Nope you can't do that but it's okay. Really. I am glad she does dance.
Katie- DL photos are still a huge joke. You know I will!
Pat- I know, and french martinis!
Man- I know y'all do and the feeling is mutual! *muah*
*fingers crossed* about the job and that your little black cloud gets lost. :)
Hugs my dear. Have a good weekend!
Believe me dear, posts like this are sometimes just NECESSARY!!! Now, you've gotten some stuff off your chest. Mission accomplished, right? :-)
I hear ya on those doctors visits. Me and my MIL are at the doctor, it seems, at least once a week. Poor thing, I don't know how she does it.
Have a great weekend!!!
Random useless comment! >:) Happy it up.
You just posted about life at this stage of our lives.
Why does everything associatted with dance classes so expensive?
Because now we have to pay for it not our parents LOL.
I have been there and for the singing lessons, karati lessons.
Kid still couldn't beat his way out of a paper bag.
Do you make excuses or maybe you're worried that you don't have the time.
When you have so much to do now, how do you find the time to do what you want to?
As for the dark cloud, don't sho it away, chain it to a tree and keep it around to visit as a reminder that it could be worse.
Have a nice weekend
Awww, right back at you, sweetie!
And I so agree with the "having something to look forward to" thingie!!
Good luck on the job! ((HUGS))
Hope you hear good news from your interview.
I love doing "random thoughts" posts on my blog. They are just so much fun and so little work.
Shoo little black could, shoo!
I told my HR department that I lost my ID badge. They charged me $10 and I had to keep the picture. I so got hosed! (Esp. since I didn't lose the badge, just wanted a new pic!)
Best of luck on the job. I hate waiting. Every time the phone rings every day. When it's 5 you finally can relax because you know they won't call after 5. So frustrating. I've been told I'd hear on a certain day and don't hear so move on and take another job. They call me 3 weeks later to make an offer and I'm like, I already took something else you loser.
I couldn't think of anything to post. Maybe I'll do a random too...
Jenie- Thank honey!
Dawn- I guess on the bright side I should be glad we can afford to get medical care right? :)
Grant- even random useless comments from you are welcome!
Walker- You are just one of the smartest cookies I know!
Stacy PQ- I'm glad i'm not the only one with that particular little quirk!
Tigeryogi- Thanks I wish they'd let me know something!
Mike- Yes just a little verbal vomit eh? LOL
Jessica- They used to charge here I think but not now. They have 1 hour and 55 minuts to call me LOL
Patti: It isn't your fault about delays. I just received word on two big jobs. I applied last October for both! The problem is HR has changed. They usually now have an HR Director who shuffles paper, gate keepers if you show up in-person and individual people who do the hiring. That was a sweet story about Pa. But I can just see Maddie as Tinkerbell. Make sure Stacy videotapes it!! She will love it when she's older!!!!
Life is busy sometimes, no worries!
That outfit does seem excessive to me as well!
Michael- thank you for the perspective and encouragement! :)
TMP- Thank you i'm glad i'm not just a cheapskate!
We decided on gymnastics instead of dance for that exact reason!!
I make funny faces when I get a
new badge. That way the people know
that it's me.
I'm wishing you the best with the
job. If it's something you really
want I'll pray extra hard for ya.
Don't worry about a black cloud now
and then. I've learned (just here
recent) that you'll have more good
days than bad. When ya take the
day as a whole and not the little
things it makes things so much
better.
Post your random thoughts. This is
what a blog is for right?
Wishing ya the best!
Keeping my fingers crossed and sending good vibes your way,sweety..Happy Friday! You've been tagged. You can do it at your leisure, if you want to participate.. It's up to you..It's just a way to get to know you..
See my blog if you want to do the meme.. Have a Terrific Weekend!
Good luck with the job. And, I am sorry about that little black cloud following you, but ... this: "Shoo! Little Cloud - Shoo!" is the perfect title and premise for a children's book - IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Write IT!!!! (dedicate the book to me, of course, cuz I gave you the encouragement) - but really!!!!!!!
Okay, if you ever write it - I'll buy it. Take care Sweetie - have a good weekend. Kellan
I'm the same way...hate waiting/suspense, but like having something to look forward to, also.
Good luck with the potential new Job. I have a good feeling about it, for you!
We all get a black cloud now and then...It'll pass....You need to indulge a bit, in something you always really enjoy or some pampering...that might make you feel better. Even if it's just ice cream and getting your nails done, with Madison! :-)
I hear ya on those dance Fees. My sister has 3 kids, all involved in stuff. It gets pricey! They should give parents a break, some discounts!
You take care...Try to relax, have a wonderful weekend!
To answer your first question, no problem. To answer your 2nd, absolutely. The 3rd and 4th I cannot help you with. The 5th is easy - you can. But there are consequences. The 6th I think only you can answer.
Hope little M. is well!
I found out my Doc's first name the last visit. That's no bueno.
Damn! Apparently I'm not suppose to learn how to sew pillows - the money seems to be in ballerina costumes!
Hi Patti
It is so right we are the ones in control of our own happiness, of course things do happen that may challenge that.
i dont know what the weather is like where you are ,but there are literally black clouds, so much rain in England at the moment. (but I know you dont mean black clouds in that sense x ). I feel like that sometimes and when i do I try and go for a walk and find that helps as well as taking primrose oil, vitemin c & zinc & st johns wort( a mood lifter and geat near that monthly womans time when you feel arrrggghhh!!!. Also just lately i have been cutting out completely all the sugary things in my diet and I must say i feel better for that, clearer headed not so fuzzy if you know what i mean
Take care Patti x
Patti,
you are so honest and real here it is a pleasure to read you and be your cyber-friend.
I hope the doctor's visits end soon !
Dance fees are waaaay too high !
Keeping my fingers crossed for you for the good job news !
hi patti! yes, that ballet stuff IS expensive! like sfg says, it gets worse in high school.
shoo black cloud, shoo! i am sending good vibes your way, girlie. i hope you get the job!
:)
tommie- I can see why!
Laurie- Thanks Hon. I thought about a funny face *snicker*
Kellan- Hmmm the wheels are turning here.... :)
Retro- the black cloud is already gone Thank God!
Martini- M is healing wonderfully!
Shell- For real, learn how to sew them and then give me a discount!
Shabby Chic- Hope the weather is better in England now!
Loving Annie- Thanks Sweetie!
ICSCN- Thanks, fingers crossed!!!
Post a Comment