Tagged by Mississippi Songbird
Mississippi Songbird tagged me to put up seven random things about me and although i've done this several times I don't mind doing it again and I love reading it when others do it! I don't put up many week-end posts either but i'm by myself this week-end so... without further ado.

1) I know the saying goes that a woman should cut her hair when she reaches 40 but I honestly feel I look better with longer hair.

2) I have just come to the decision to cut loose a long-time friend. The friendship has run it's course i'm afraid. I am sad but I think i'll feel better when the pretense is over with.

3) I almost moved to Boston in my mid-20's before I got married. I had a job lined up and even went up to scout out apartments. I am glad I didn't do it though. I have no regrets about that.

4) I do not like sausage. I will eat it on a very rare occasion but it is one breakfast food I just do not like. Give me bacon any day.

5) I cannot stand soccer. I don't even like to watch little kids playing it. I used to go with my BFF to watch her nephew play and it bored me to TEARS.

6) I love the way my hair looks the day I wash it but I can't wash it every day. It would dry it out too much. The next day, no matter if I sleep flat on my face the night before, it looks scraaggly. I HATE scraggly hair! LOL

7) I hate talking on the telephone. I have become almost phobic about it and wonder if it's healthy. I let all of my workcalls go to voicemail 90% of the time. I will answer my cellphone if I know who is calling though. I feel like a freak about this.

Okay that is it.... I am not going to tag anyone but if you did it let me know! Hope you all have a happy week-end!
17 comments:

Cutting friends is tough, especially a long time one. That's no good.

I can't wash my hair daily either. I did for years and once I went to every other day, my hair is so much healthier. I think I was stripping the hell out of it.

I LOATHE the phone. I'll text and IM someone or email before I pick up a phone.

Glad to see you on a Saturday morning Patti!

Cutting friends is never easy but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Sometimes we just grow apart.

I have to wash my hair everyday. I could probably solve the energy crisis if I didn't.

Good Saturday morning to you, Patti !

With you on 1,2 4, and 5 !

I bet you will feel relieved when you let go of that relationship that is no longer working.
It's hard to do because of history and memories, but if it doesn't feel right anymore and make you happy, you are doing the right thing.

Center-cut bacon is the best, sin't it ? yummm !

hey patti! first of all, i am VERY happy to see you here on a saturday. what a nice surprise!

i've never heard of the cutting the hair at 40 thing. that's just silly. probably thought up my a man.

congratulations on number 2. it's just like cleaning out your closet: you make room for fresh, new stuff.

LOL! sleeping flat on your face... you're such a card, patti!

HOLY CRAP! i don't answer my house phone either! only my cell.

:)

Patti, as you know I'm pushing 42 and I've decided definitely NOT to cut my hair, I'm growing it long for the first time and I don't care. Maybe our generation is going to buck that trend of going shorter - it's not about ease of styling, it's about looking good, right??

I had to laugh at your phone phobia, I have it too! I never answer my phone, and I rarely check my voicemail, because I'm not sure I even want to know who called! I pretty much have to be expecting your call for me to answer. Without caller id I'd be screwed.

I know what it's like to cut ties
to a friendship. The friendship that I cut was a 25 yr long one. She wanted to party instead of be
a wife, mom and friend.

I don't mind talking on the phone
when I can't be face to face with
the person I'm talking to.

Cutting your hair after 40? I don't
see me doing that either.

Good list!!

I agree with you on the phone thing. I would much rather email people!

I am totally with you on the talking on the telephone thing. It seems like everyone wants to tell you their life story when you get them on the phone. Most phone calls should take a matter of minutes at most but they seem to go on forever.

I think some of the phone phobia comes along with having a job where you have to be on it a lot. There are rarely "fun" things on the phone at work!! I got to hating the phone when I worked. I'm OK with it now, but it took a while to recover!

have you ever tried to sleep on a silk pillowcase? My grandmother was a hairdresser, and she swore it made her "hairdo" last longer.

My brother has played soccer since he was 11 or something, do you know how many games I've sat through, yeah, like a million. I still have no idea how the game is played.

#2 - I feel you, girl. Good for you. Sounds like you made the right decision there. It's tough, but sometimes getting rid of toxic relationships or even ones that have simply run their course is the healthiest thing to do for yourself. You should be proud of yourself. Most people keep friends even when they've stopped being friends long ago out of fear of change.

Patti, Thanks for doing the meme.. I love my hair long too.. I don't look right with short hair..or I don't feel I look right. The cut should make me feel good and short don't..lol
I understand about the phone too.I'm on on the phone all day at work,so the last thing I want to do when I get home is talk on the phone.I'd much rather let my fingers do the typing..lol
Have a great week.. Thanks again.. and good luck with the friend thing.. That's tough, but sometimes, has to be done, for your own wellbeing..

Who ever made up that saying #1should have their tongue cut out :P

I know how you feel, I have had to cut loose a couple of friends in the past to.
You feel like a heel doing it but better when they are gone

All - I am glad to know i'm not the only one who feels that way about the phone and about long hair! You all are the BEST!

As the saying goes, there are two things you never want to see being made - sausages and the law.

Ok I think I'm going to steal this. Cuz today I got nuttin!