
Is this the face of confidence? I hope so! I should hear something about the job today so send thos good vibes. If I don't get it I am in for some misery where i'm at so...... fingers crossed!
I had a really nice, quiet week-end. Stacy & Mad went to the MIL's and I "stayed home with the dogs and cats" (that is what Madison told her Aunt Buffy). I went shopping with my sister on Saturday and yes I got some amazing deals once again A $45 Rothschild reversible jacket for Madison for under $10. We are putting her in pre-school starting next Monday so i've been getting her some outfits together. We are taking her to tour the school on Friday. I hope it goes well. I don't mind telling you I am nervous but I think it is best for her. She has been with Carrie since she was born and she needs to get out into a learning environment now. She can't start kindergarten at public school until she is 6. I feel that would be deragatory to her future educational opportunities so.... of course there are family members that think we are snobs sending her to Byrnes but you know what? I don't give a shit. This is my child's future and i'm doing what I think is best.
Okay tell me what YOU did this week-end :)
Also go check out Two Sisters Valentine Give-Away! They've got some cute stuff (and the girls are cutiepies too)

What did I do? Not much. Went to a birthday party for some youngin's on Saturday, took a nap yesterday, spent $120.00 on friggin' groceries and I hardly got anything at all.
And I think you look just fine without make-up!
I put both of my kids into a preschool environment at around 3ish. I think its good for their social development. Ya know?
I thought about you and your alone time this weekend!! Glad you found some deals!
I can't wait to hear how she does.
I did nothing. It was wonderful.
This weekend we went to my nieces Soccer game at 9pm (it was indoor soccer). I took Daisy and her daughter to dinner at the Olive Garden. We had a pizza one night. Then we went to the liquor store and loaded up. I now have a new friend named Jack and I met his cousin Coke. I bought a big jug of Chanti. I bought a set of deep sockets S.A.E. and metric from Sears while I was payin my bill there. I also bought a wire wheel to put in a drill to grind rust off stuff. Now I have to come up with the money to pay for all this stuff LOL!!!
I went to preschool at 4 I think. I told my dad at the time if I did not like it I wasn't going back and he laughed so hard. Have a good day sweetie.
Stacy PQ- Awww thans honey. Yep I feel ya on the groceries - sucks!
Cheeky- I do pink puffy heart my "alone time" :)
Katie- Yeah sometimes nothing IS wonderful! I love no obligations!
Man- Sounds like a great week-end! I am anxious to see if she "takes" to it or not!
Down with the whole makeup industry! Women don't need that crap. I've seen very few women improved by altering their natural state, and they could have benefited from a veil. That's not you.
I did my usual - read, sleep, eat a taco, further benefit the forces of evil, and watch cartoons.
make-up shmake-up. i think you look fine!
hey welcome to my club! loads of people think i'm a snob. fug em! it's good that she's starting pre-school. like cheeky said, it's good for her social development.
my weekend? tennis tennis tennis!
I always like to wear just a little makeup....a little eyeshadow, mascara and lip gloss.
I put both my daughters in nursery school at 3. I did it for socialization as much as anything. I will never regret having done so.
Saturday I actually had off from work without having to request it off. I think that's a first!!! Unfortunately Man had to work Saturday...go figure. I honestly don't mind alone time. When I was with my ex I actually looked forward to him being away. Youngest Daughter came over and we took Brandy for a walk. Man got home and we (him, me and YD) went to Olive Garden for dinner. The devine Miss Em is in indoor soccer this winter and she had a game at the ridiculous time of 9 PM. Sunday I had to work.
I'm OK with women with or without makeup, as they choose. Personally, I like minimal makeup. I feel naked without it. Aging has changed several things for me ... my eyebrows are almost nonexistant so I fill them in, and a car wreck years ago left me with a messed-up upper lip, so I use lip color to make that look more normal. A bit of mascara, sometimes some eyeshadow, a little blush. Gosh, that sound like a lot doesn't it? Oh, well. Whatever is comfortable for *you* is right for *you*.
I'm all for preschool. Most children have 2 working parents, and a good preschool gives them a chance to have some positive guidance in peer interactions, manners, beginning to study, etc. I have no idea about Byrnes, but I'm guessing it is one of the better ones. Good for you, regardless of what "they" say. But don't assume she is getting what you want her to have there; check on the place frequently. If they don't allow you to watch (behind a mirror or whatever), be cautious. Parents should never, never be shut out of their child's care or education.
My weekend? I worked.:P Something I don't usually do. I'll live. :D
Darling you really don't NEED makeup ~::~ most of my F friends didn't used to wear it ~ 'cept maybe some eyemakeup you look absolutely fine. Best of luck with the job!
ps I used the past tense as you kinda know my situation; lots of the girls I know now are "working girls"... but not of the secretarial kind ..(!!)
all the best 2u!
;->...
I would've liked to go shopping for something - but alas, I had to stay home with the cats. All four of them. My parents dropped theirs off, then headed down to Florida for the rest of the winter.
Grant- Thanks (I think) Yay for benefitting the forces of evil AND cartoons!
ICSCN- I don't know HOW we get such a bad rap? We're such nice gals *snort*
Daisy- Sounds like a fine week-end. I can't believe the childs game was at 9:00!
Lynilu- I can't believe you worked this week-end! I usually go the whole 9 yards with make-up.
Gledwood- Good point of view!
Martini- Awwww but you got to spend time with kitties!
Good luck with the new job! Crossing my fingers for ya.
Sending you some good vibes. Have ya heard anything yet?????
School?
What do you mean school?
She was just born yesterday wasn;t she.
Damn time flies.
Sending you all the good luck vibs I got.
Pack of 2- Thank You! The wait is KILLING me!
Daisy- No i'm waiting on HR. Told I should hear today or tomorrow..
Walker- It feels like it! *sniffle*
That is exciting. I sent my son to preschool the year before he started Kindergarden. It worked wonderfully!
Yay for great deals and for good preschools. :)
Maddie is just the cutest little girl with so much Personality! Take a look back at the Kate Hudson sunglasses. :D She has to be a delight for you and Stacy, Patti!! They say that people give off certain vibes during an interview. Your photo says "I'm confident and I rock, so let's get the paperwork filled out. I'm ready! Hope you get the job Patti!!!!
I sure hope you get the job Patti. You look confident and pretty with or without makeup.
As for the pre-school...it's your child, you know what's best for her.
Good luck on the job!!! Great picture BTW! ANd, I agree with you about the preschool - she is your child - you do what is right for her and you! Good luck again - see you later. Kellan
Glad you had a good weekend.
YES! That is a wonderful picture!
Madison going to school :( I
remember Josh's first day I cried!
He was just fine and told me I could leave anytime.
Best of luck to Maddie!
Hopefully you hear something soon.
I spent the weekend doing absolutely nothing--and it was wonderful!
i am hoping u hear something bout your job...and u look great w/no make up my dear..
Do what YOU feel is right for your child!!!!
Good luck with the job!! Hope to hear good news about it!
TMP - I'm not exactly feeling excited right now but i'm sure it will kick in!
Casey- Yeah! So glad you are on the right track healthwise my friend!
Michael- You always know just what to say, thank you!
Jolene- Thank you so much!!!
Kellan- Thank you for the compliments. You are always so sweet!
Laurie- But my girl is only THREE! LOL
Mike- Yes when I was younger I would have never dreamed doing nothing would be so wonderful! LOL
FFM- Awwww thanks!
Cheryl- Thank you. I think we're doing what's best for her. It's just kind of hard and the criticism doesn't help.
Both of mine started preschool at 3. Do what you think is best for your child, She will love it.
Ok, whoever is making you wait, well I hope they stub their damn toe!!!
Best of luck. I know what that wait is like. Grrrrrr
Still crossing my fingers for ya on that job!! Hope they don't keep you in suspense too long.
I think you are doing what's best for your baby and that's all that counts. You're her mama - not those family members--so you make the rules! :-) Besides, they're gonna love her at that place!
tommie- I think she will love it too
Jessica- Amen sister, the wait is KILLING me!
Retro- Thank you honey, how could they not love her? LOL
Don't let anyone rain on your preschool parade! Both the boys went from the time they were 3 and it gave them a headstart when they were going to kidnergarten.
And I've forgotten what I did this weekend. It mustn't have been much!
You look great! I hope your week is going well.I'm trying to catch up on my blogs and reading them.. Bunches of hugs!
Post a Comment