Happy Birthday Reilly!
Thank you for four years of joy you have brought to us darling doggie! He gets a special birthday treat today (a dogfood cake)


I had a good week-end. Went to Summerville (yep the same Summerville Cheryl) to see my MIL. Madison was VERY glad to go as she wanted to go last week-end. Now "Ma" came up to see her this week after the accident but she loves to go down there and stay. Anyway Ma and Maddie went off to do their thing Saturday afternoon/evening and Stacy, Chandler, Buffy & I went to Wild Wings Cafe' to watch the PACKERS beat the Seahawks! I had a few libations and they went a long way to relaxing me after a very very tough week. It was nice.

Boo Yah to the Giants in their win over Dallas!


Madison is talking a little more about Alex but I still don't think she will have a lifelong fear of big dogs or anything. We just let her talk when she wants to and reiterate that we will try to keep her as safe as we can at all times. *sigh* It's hard. I am worried about one of her bites trying to become infected but i'm watching it and if she runs a fever it's back to the ER we will go. Let's pray it doesn't come to pass.
Again Thank You all for your kindness. You really do rock. Jenie & Cheeky we are anxiously watching the mailbox :)
33 comments:

The Colts lost yesterday...boo hoo. :( However, I think they would have gotten plowed by NE next week anyways. Yay for the Packers though. My sis is super-excited too.

Libations are always good! and you definitely deserved them after this week.

I'm glad Maddie is still doing ok. Fingers crossed that everything heals up nicely with no infection.

I have been having problems posting comments. I was so sorry to hear about Maddie's attack. I hope all will be ok. Does she like to take a little bath? If so, you can give her a bath with Epsom Salts in it and it will help the wounds heal much quicker and keep infection chances much lower. Glad things are smoothing out.

Jenie- We were pulling SO hard for the Colts bob dangit! Thank you I hope she doesn't have any complications either!

Wendy- Thank you I appreciate it. I will try the Epsom Salts. She is such a trouper!

Anonymous

Awww...poor Maddie. I hope she isn't scared of dogs like I was after I got bit when I was little.

I got my drunk text LOL I love it when you do that!

I do enjoy me some Wild Wing Cafe! I miss the blue chips!

Sounds like just the weekend the whole family needed. Glad she is in good spirits.

Glad you all had a good weekend to shrug off all the stress of the week. Sounds like you had a good time.

Will keep Madison in my prayers that she heals fast! I think you're doing the best thing for her...as always.

Your puppy looks so cute in his little coat! Happy B-day Reilly!

Sounds like a fun weekend. I watched the Chargers and the Colts play yesterday, but that was about it for my football watching. I needed a serious nap after that game!

Shell- I hope she isn't either, really.

Cheeky- We had some blue chips and they were delish! Drunk texting is so much fun but takes me awhile LOL

tommie- Yep grandma-love and liquor what a combo LOL (I kid!)

Retro Girl- Thank you honey. I will pass along to Reilly!

Mike- I slept pretty good Sat. night after my "outing". Yay for naps after football!

Happy birthday Reilly!

Sounds like a fun weekend.

Dogfood cake!!! How awesome!

I'm looking forward to a Patriots/Packers Superbowl. ;-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REILLY!!

I'll continue to keep Madison in my prayers.

Anonymous

Glad both you and Maddie got out and she seems to be doing good. I hope and pray that none of the bites get infected!

Glad you got to relax a bit!!!

I second the Epsom Salts suggestion, and it won't sting, it will feel really good.

Now what praytell, is a dogfood cake?

Did you see TO CRYING? Girl, i swear to god I need to wear some depends when i see that shit.

Oh yesterday was a good day.

man I dont even acknowldge my dogs birthday, am I am bad mommy?

Anonymous

Glad to hear football went your way:) I don't watch that sport but YAY for your teams:)

Glad to hear that your daughter is not having dog fears. I am so sorry that happened to her. You have handled it with such grace. I am so impressed with you Patti!

S

Patti: A doggie birthday cake! Your household sounds fun. I have Maddie in my thought and prayers for her wounds to heal infection-free!

Katie- It was for a change!

Melissa- I'm looking forward to the Packers BEATING the Patriots in the Super Bowl Heh heh....

Daisy- Thank You Honey! Today she's all giddy cos' it's la la's birthday

TMP- It really did us good. I hope they don't either!

Sandra- Will definitely try the epsom salts. Well just one of the Little Caesar tins of dogfood with a candle in it! LOL

SFG- Yep I sure did. Big Wussy. Don't get me started on him. He fits right in down there.

FFM- Yes! Have to recognize the pets too! LOL (ok I admit it i'm a freak about animals)

PackOf2- Thank you. Those words mean alot.. alot. I try.

Michael- Oh we're a barrel of laughs around my house LOL Seriously we DO try to have fun and enjoy life as much as we can.

It was a whacky football weekend.
It good to hear Maddie is getting better and you got to go out and relax.

I did enjoy watching my brother shut up after the Cowboys lost LOL

Walker- LMAO at the brother/cowboys comment. I loved it! Yes it was a good week-end.

Happy Birthday Reilly!
and I hope you have a terrific week.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REILLY!! Remember
you can have your cake and eat it
too.

The hubby was upset over the Dallas
loss. His football has been put up
and is getting ready for next
season.

I'm sorry about Maddie being scared
of dogs. Sometimes that's a good
thing though. But, if she was
around my dog he'd knock her down
and slobber the boggers out of her.

I wish you all the best.

XOXOXO!

patti, hiya sweetie-face! i'm glad to read that maddie's progressing with her physical and emotional healing. i know it's hard, patti. hang in there and lean on stacy some, even it's simply to have a good cry.

sounds like you guys had another FUN weekend! how were those wings? i miss the yummy wing spots we used to find when i was in college.

one of the dallas players got all choked up, near blubbering at a press conference. bwaaahahahah! big cry-baby!

:)

Love puppy in the little coat!

Happy Birthday to you sweet puppy!

Hey - thanks for coming over and leaving the well wishes - I am fine - only need to remember about that bra thing the next time I ever have to call 911. Hope to see you tomorrow. Kellan

Patti,
Madsion's resiliency is wonderful ! What a strong and smart and brave child - not to make ALL dogs bad because of the one dog.
Hope her bite/stictches stay clean.
Glad you were able to get out and relax a little, while she was with your MIL.
((hugs))
Loving Annie

I mean this in a nice way, so don't be mad at me.

WTF? A birthday cake for a dog? Let me ask, did he like his presents. You did get him presents, right?

Your just like Lori and her kids as far as the dog goes. He is over two years old and they all get excited on his birthday, presents and everything. Come to think of it, they are crazier than you about this. They wish him happy birthday every frigging month.

I will never understand this one.

PS
Line forms on the right for my beating.

Let's go Giants!!!!!!!!!

Maddie really sounds like a cool kid. My best friend's son was bit in the face by a dog when he was 3. It was scary there for awhile but he came out ok. He has a scar on his nose but thankfully he's not afraid of dogs. He has two beagles and loves them. I hope your cutie pie has the same result.

Have a great week!

Love the new look around here..well...it is new to me...

Happy New Year! :)


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Miss Songbird- Thank You, you too!

Laurie- Sorry about your hubs disappointment. I've been there!

crescenet- Uh, okay.

ICSCN- Thank you honey, it is hard but we're making it.. together!

Nap Warden- He's my baby too!

Kellan- Girl you are hilarious evenin the face of something so serious! Take care of you!

Loving Annie- the getting out was much needed and muc appreciated!

BTE- You are okay, everyone is entitled to their own opinions! Yes he did get a present but this is the actual day he was born. My friends have his sister,parents and grandma. I was deemed fit enough to take care of him *grin*
I knew you'd be pulling for the Giants but that's okay. May the best team win!

Jessica- I do too, it's not looking very good after last night but she IS resilient though....

Bradley- Yep it is since you've been away so long traveling the countryside :) Welcome home!

I love Wild Wing Cafe! I miss it! Happy birthday little puppy, so cute!