
and a box of goodies fromJenie!
We spent the evening coloring and I will spend this evening picking stickers off my livingroom wall, ahem. :)

This is how the box came, see the colorful tissue paper. That girl is creative!

I don't know how good you can see but she was watching the Strawberry Shortcake movie Jenie sent her here. Ewww...ignore the used bandage laying on her bed. It's just got neosporin on it.

Thank y'all so much for making my little girl feel so special. We had a bad moment last night as Alex GOT OUT and was IN OUR YARD between the time I got home and Stacy got home. Madison was thankfully inside but she heard the neighbor boy telling Stacy and......... nightmares all night long. I don't know what we're going to do. *sigh*

First Bishes!!!!
Oh look at those goodies! I am sorry about the nightmares. Sounds like that dog definitely needs to be secured better.
I was wondering if she got the card. Our post office has been really sketchy lately.
Pretty soon Madison is going to expect a load of gifts from us if she scrapes her knee. ;-)
Cheeky- Go you being first. I'm calling Animal Control and talking to them this a.m. I still don't want the dog harmed but this is ridiculous.
Shell- What a sweet surprise. You are right! I have to say she is very appreciative though and she loves loves loves cards! (aka mail)
Hehe...I'm glad she got the package. I had a ton of fun picking stuff out. There were a ton more things I could have added, but I finally had to stop. LOL Sorry about the stickers! :P
That's crazy about the dog. If they're not going to keep it inside, they need to get rid of the dog. There's no need for Madison to have to be afraid of stepping out of the door.
What nice little care packages shes getting....
I dont know Patti, I think u should hae the neigbors put tha dog down, I worry about this happening again, even to someone else...and I HAtE to think oF it happening to Maddie again..
She looks like she is enjoying her new things, poor lil tot;)
I would want that dog gone! No excuses!!
Glad Madison is feeling better.
I hope your neighbors get things figured out. Poor Maddie having nightmares.
I agree with Daisy ... there is no second choice in this situation. The dog a.t.t.a.c.k.e.d! I know how you feel about animals, and you know I do, too, but .... When it comes to a dog capable of attack, I draw the line. The dog has shown a side that is simply unacceptable. Even if Maddy did something that startled him and thus "made" him attack,there is no excuse. The point is that no one knows his trigger, but the trigger has been activated.
Madison ... attacking dog ... Madison ... attacking dog ... no contest. IF they actually secure the dog, fine. if not, the dog should be gone. He might never attack Madison again, but perhaps another child. And there is no guarantee that he will stop where he did this time.
I'm sorry, Patti, but you gotta do what you gotta do. The owner of the dog is irresponsible. Honey, you can't afford to be nice.
Sounds like something is going to have to be done about that dog. I can't believe that your neighbors don't have him chained up and locked away.
Glad Madison is doing better!
Love the sticker remark! :)
And yes, something has to be done with that dog....they need to make SURE he's in a fenced yard (I hate seeing a dog chained...I think that makes them mean(er).
Our dogs kept digging out of our fenced in yard. They never hurt anyone...just chased a couple of chickens around the yard down the street. We finally got what's called a doggie fence. It's a little electrical wire that runs all along the inside of the bottom of our fence. They hit it once and only once.
Haven't dug out since. :)
Glad Madison is on the mend!
How is the dog getting out of its yard? Are the owners not being careful? Is the dog just left outside all the time? I am a firm believer that dogs must be family pets which mean they go outside to play and pee but other than that, they are inside with their people. Is this dog a house dog or strictly a yard dog?
I would say if the owners can't secure their yard so the dog cannot escape then the dog should go away. And I don't say that lightly but the safety of others is at stake.
As for Maddie, maybe a trip to see a therapist might be good for her. They have ways of getting kids to work through things and that pooor baby has a lot to work through. :( And I'm willing to bet - so does Mommy. I would be a complete basket case if this had happened to my child. Big hugs. I know this isn't easy and you have my support.
I'll just say I totally agree with Casey and Lynilu, here. We are thinking of you!
Looks like she is loving the goodies!
I have to agree with all the other commenters. If they can't keep the dog secured it needs to go. I am surprised after it attacked that Animal Control didn't have it put down anyway.
Alex needs to go bye-bye. Your daughter's health & safety is more important than some dumb pooch.
Lyn
What nice gifts and I'm so glad to see her and see that she is doing well - she is such a little sweetie! Take care. Kellan
Jenie- Thanks again. I had fun looking at everything and I really don't mind the stickers. A hazard of toddlerhood! I agree I shouldn't be so stressed over her going outside either. It's just not right.
FFM- Stacy and I plan to talk to them again and I also want a copy of the Animal Control report.
Daisy- I do want it gone. I hate for things to turn ugly but better ill will than another person or pet getting hurt or worse killed.
Katie- Me too! She doesn't deserve any of this.
SFG- Sad to say it is looking like being nice is not paying off in my situation :(
Lynilu- I guess if I must release my inner-bitch on them then so be it. Thanks honey.
Mike- I am still speechless that he got out last night and came in my FREAKING YARD.
Stacy PQ- We had an electrical fence when we had big dogs at Plum Nearly. They do work!
Casey- This dog is outside all the time. I see the husband walk it occasionally. The wife and kids are afraid of it. It's definitely not a "family pet" type situation.
Dakota - Thank you so much!
tommie- I found out today that animal control wasn't involved, DHEC was. Somebody dropped the ball but i'm picking it up TODAY.
Lyn- Agreed she IS more important!
Kellan- Thank you honey I hope you are doing okay as well after your little scare!
Poor Madison :(
Why haven't the neighbors sent that
dog off to either another family
member or made TOTALLY sure that
their dog can't get out. It isn't
fair to Maddy.
WTF! that dog has to GO! please let us know what's being done!
great gifts! yaaayyyh! maddie is looking better too!
:D
WTF? The dog got out? You'd think those people would be keeping an especially close eye on him!
Laurie- It's crazy I can see no logic in it at all except macho posturing by the husband. I dunno..
ICSCN- She is looking better unfortunately last night was a setback for us :(
Chickie-Girl that's what I can't figure out. Were that my dog and say I did what they did and not got rid of him immediately (which "I" would have) I would know every time a hair on that dogs ass moved. Seriously.
I think a talk is definately in order for your neighbors! I can't believe they don't do a better job with their dog especially after what happened. I'm glad she is enjoying her care packages! I hope the nightmares are all gone now.
I think that dog needs to go to another home. You'd think they would be so careful now, that they would not want that to happen again.
As usual, Maddie looks adorable. :)
Wendy- Thank you honey
Jessica- I would think so too... thank you. She's a mess!
Post a Comment