Holiday Kindnesses
I wanted to say a very special thank you to three wonderful blogger friends that jazzed up my mailbox Tuesday. I got a darling handmade card from Maria at I Can See Clearly Now! Great job Maria and thanks for the sweet words about Holly.



I received a box of darling handmade Gingerbread Men (complete with them holding their own tiny candied ginger men in their little gingerbread hands) from the awesome Scott aka Purple Twinkie. I know they will taste even better than they look - if I can bear to bite into them that is. He presented them in a beautiful green velvet bag tied with gold rope

and a darling teddy bear ornament attached which I promptly put on my tree and will always remember Scott's kindness when I unpack it every Christmas. Most of my ornaments have a story behind them or special meaning. I like it that way! Thank you so much Scott.




Then... as if those two weren't enough I got a big box from Jenie at Insert Catchy Title Here! In it were homemade candies and mini loaves of bread Yummm!!!! Also a My Little Pony Princess and bag of Dora candy (which my greedy child spied and took ownership of immediately and the crowning jewel was an ornament "the old mans big prize" of A Christmas Story - my favorite movie of all time. Oh man I am dizzy with excitement.



Thank you all for making my holiday extra special and sending of yourself cos' I know it takes time and effort to make your own cards and baked goods and candy and time and effort are like gold around the holidays. I very very much appreciate all three of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
20 comments:

That was SO nice! So your Christmas got off to an early start! :)

Jenie's goodies are the bomb!

That gingerbread man is awesome!! I can't believe he's holding his own mini gingerbread man. Wow.

I'm so glad you liked everything! And I am loving! that pic of Maddie with the chocolate face. Hehehe.

I won't be online after today until next Wednesday, so have a fantastic Christmas!! :)

The cookies are so cool!

Maddie looks like she is in Dora heaven!

How sweet! who doesn't love fun things in the mail??

How fun is that to get Christmas surprises!!???

What a nice holiday surprise! There are some pretty nice people out there...despite what we sometimes think this time of year :-)

Just a quick note as I dash off...
Wishing you, Stacy, Madison and the 'furry kids' a wonderfully Merry Christmas full of love, laughter, and surprises. Tell Maddie to make me a Sand Angel - instead of a snow angel LOL. Decorate a palm tree in honor of we, who are freezing our buns off! LOL *HUGS*

Take care Patti

How sweet. What a nice treat!

Anonymous

I was going to be all crafty and send stuff but I'm sorry...school is over and my rear is enjoying that couch.

hey sweetie-face! i'm glad you liked my card!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR to you, maddie, stacy and all of your family and friends! MWAH!

:)

oh yeah! and the sweet pets on earth and in heaven!

You got to love the mailman this time of year especially when he is hauling over gists from friends:)

You hide from him after Christmas when the credit card reciepts come in LOL

I have wanted that ornament from A Christmas Story for my husband...yes, I still am calling him that at this point. Maddie looks like she is thrilled with YOUR gifts! Too cute!

Stacy PQ- It did!!!

Cheeky- Aren't they? I don't know which I like best!

Jenie- thank you again and a Merry Christmas to you and Stephen!

Katie- She was! She still is in lurve with Dora

tommie- I still get excited!

Daisy- It's AWESOME!

Retro Girl- Thank you, have a safe trip and a wonderful Christmas!

SFG-Yes it will be the only baked goods I get this Christmas

Shell- You SO deserve it girlie!

ICSCN- Thank you honey you too!!!

Walker- I never do credit during the holidays, cash only!

Wendy- Get it for him, a nice gesture. They sell them at the Hallmark stores, Kohls and CVS.

HA! Don't ya love it when the kids
confiscate the candy. That cookie
looks SOOOOOOOO yummy. I wish I
knew how to make gingerbread. Maybe
I should get the reciept from him.

Also, from my family to yours, may
your Christmas be filled with love
health, happiness and family!
You're a great person Patti.

Love,
Laurie, Leslie, Josh and Rosco.

All such nice and thoughtful gifts and isn't your little daughter just the cutest thing ever??!! Hope you have a good weekend. Kellan

Patti: Madison looks SO ready for Santa Claus!!!! :)

Don't look at the gingerbread man's face while you eat him. Too vicious.

Maddie's so cute! (I know I sound like a broken record) That sweater looks so sweet on her.

You all have a very Merry Christmas!

Aww. Glad you liked the gingerbread guys :) Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Patticake, to you and your beautiful family...take care of you. :)

I stopped in to wish you Stacy and the little Elf a Merry Christmas :)