Musings
There is something soothing and comforting about the sound of one of these...

I did several loads of laundry over the week-end finishing up a load of whites which are in the dryer right now. I love the hum of a dryer. Even better is the warm feel of the clothes that are fresh out of it. Mmmmmm..........
I have went through Madison's room and got rid of all of her clothes that no longer fit her, shoes also. One beautiful pair of navy blue Stride Rite Mary Janes she never even got to wear. I give them to the Salvation Army because that is the only organization that accepts clothing around here but I really wish I knew someone who had a little girl younger than Maddie that could use her clothes. I'd love to give them to a specific someone. Some of her 3T halloween clothes i'm going to pack away to see if she can wear next year. I purposely bought 3T for this very reason. She's so petite she has no trouble wearing 24 mos/2T right now. Except the pants are too short.
***
Okay I guess i'm rambling on to avoid telling you the results of my visit with the ENT doctor. It turns out I have a tumor in my inner ear and will have to have surgery November 29th. He didn't seem worried about the possibility of cancer, just of it growing. If left unchecked it would lead to brain abcess and possibly meningitis which I know is fatal so yeah i'm pretty down with the surgery now. That's all i'm going to say about it. Just think happy thoughts for me on the 29th if you remember!
30 comments:

FIRST bishes! ugh! laundry ....

whoa! sorry to hear that about the ent visit. sometimes we get ourselves too worked up when we hear the word surgery. i'm sure it will all work out fine and healthy for you patti. you will be in my prayers.

i don't like giving anything to the salvation army anymore cause about 10 years ago they started selling some things for profit. when the girls were small i used to call my local churches. they always had families who got my stuff for FREE, who really needed it and were grateful to get it.

happy thoughts .... :)

Ok, we are both officially freaks. I love the sound of a dryer and also the dishwasher. I think that makes me a huge loser.

Surgery will go fabulously, girl. No worries there. If I knew how to do that freaky deaky voodoo shit, I'd hook a bitch up, but sadly, no. I can do a prayer for ya. I am trying to decide if your surgery should come before or after me asking for a normal, and not man-sized, appetite.

Before I guess. I hate trying to be selfless. It is just not in my nature.

Doesn't it feel good to purge?

I hate laundry, so I can't relate to that.

Good luck!

Doing laundry is soothing to me also. I hate folding the small stuff, 'cause it seems to take so long, but I love the smells and the warmth. Yeahhhhh.

I agree about looking for another charity. Churches are usually good about taking clothing. Does your chapter of the Humane Society have a thrift shop? Another choice would be to put an ad in the newspaper to sell them.

And the surgery ... it isn't something to worry about. I know you don't want to do it, and I don't blame you, but it's a fairly routine procedure. I'm sure you'll be fine and back to work *sooner than you would wish for*!!!! Hugs, my friend.

Do you realize I'll see you in less than a week??

ICSCN- Our Salvation Army does sell things for profit I need to look into the church thing. Thanks!

SFG- Well don't go against your nature LOL Thank you honey. You da best!

Katie-It felt SO GOOD. Thank you you da best too!

Lynilu- I do donate blankets to the Humane Society for the animals but they don't have a thrift shop, I wish they did. I don't want to sell them either. I'll find someone. I know - I can't wait!!!!

Always thinking good thought for you... I like to smell the dryer exhaust outside on a cold morning. Esp. if someone is using dryer sheets.

Man- Thank you sweetie. I love that too! Mmmmm

aww honey i know oh so much about ears and having surgery on them i stop counting how many i have had. and the aids i wear god i hate them! i wish u all the best u know that! im here if u need 2 talk u been such a big help 2 me!

laundry i didnt know how much i hated until i got a place of my own god i love and miss my mom!

kisses

I love a good closet purge. If you store the clothes until next year...put a Bounce sheet in the rubbermaid tub..the clothes will smell wonderful when you pull them out next year.

The 29th is my 10 year anniversary...so only good Karma on that day....I hope it goes well!

Ooh...I love warm clothes fresh out of the dryer! Best feeling ever.

I'm sorry to hear about the ear thing. I had a coworker who had a similar problem a while back, only his was affecting his hearing. He had it removed and has had no problems since. I'm sure everything will work out well for you too! I'll definitely be thinking of you on surgery day!

I love going through the closets and drawers and getting rid of all the clothes that don't fit - so then I can go out and buy a bunch of new stuff - especially for my little girl.

I'm sorry to hear about the tumor and the surgery. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

I love doing laundry in the fall -it is so soothing - and warm! Sorry to hear about the Dr's visit. My SIL had a similar surgery when she was younger. Best wishes!

Ryan- We never truly know how much our Mom's did for us until we are out on our own right? Thank you sweetheart. I appreciate it!

tommiea- The fact that is it your anniversary gives me even more positive thoughts! Happy early Anniversary to you and Mike!

Jenie- Thank you sweetie! That is good to know!

Kellan- Yep buying all new is AWESOME! Thank you!

Kelly- Thank you it's good to hear others have been through the same thing and came out okay!

OH*WOW!!! Hate to hear you need surgery but I am sure everything will be fine. Howlong will you have to be in the hospital??? I am sending good thoughts and a little prayer for you my friend.

At least it sounds like something that will be relatively easy to take care of - and Thank God it was found before it could lead to anything truly frightening. We'll be thinking of you!

We are moving in Dec. I need to do a major purge of everyone's clothes...not looking forward to it:(

Be thinkin' about you on the 29th, good luck!

Sorry to hear about your test results, Patti. It's better to get it taken care of though. You'll come through surgery just fine.

Let people wait on you... it's a nice thing. :)

Daisy- I don't know all of the details yet I was kind of in shock and didn't ask questions. Just took my orders and left!

Dakota- You are so right, thank you hon!

Nap Warden-but you will feel such a sense of accomplishment! Thanks!

PTwinkie- Absolutely I hid my head in the sand long enough. You are so right my friend!

First ... no sweat on the surgery. All will go perfectly and you'll be 100% in no time flat!!

Second ... I hate doing laundry! Well .. I should say I hate folding and putting away.

Third ... I give my daughter's clothes to our local social services office. (what used to be called 'welfare' ... has some other name now) I know that there are some people who abuse the system, but there are also alot of people who truly need the help. No one makes a profit -- the clothes go in a room where all the teen moms or women who need a hand can go and take what they need. I tell myself that some little girl is getting some clothes. I just hope these women aren't selling them. BUT ... my intent is good and the clothes go. So that's my story. BTW - I even give my own clothes because some women need something decent to wear on job interviews, etc. (they have to be in a job finding program to be in this big program.)

Patti,

Sorry you have to have surgery, I'll keep you in my prayers.

As for getting rid of stuff, have you heard of Freecycle? http://www.freecycle.org/ It's all about giving away stuff to people who can use it. A lot of people will post stuff they need. It's a unique way to give because you get to meet the people your stuff is going to.

aww...I am holding a good thought for u Patti..

;)

I'm praying for you..

I'll be saying lots of prayers for you. Oh, and make sure Lynilu gives you that hug I have asked her to give you.

Wow on the ENT news but I am so, so glad you had it checked out. Surgery is a good thing because it will take care of it and you can get on with your life.

May I ask what your symptoms are/were to send you to the ENT?

Patti! Not those white "Mary Janes"? I'll have to tell the friend of my family who yelled at me last year when she asked me my opinion during "Spring Cleaning". Then I saw a Blog with Madison wearing them. Oh well, out with the old...

Very happy you had that ear problem detected. Smart to take care of it early Patti. Keep us posted.

On the dryer, I keep registering for the $5,000 merchandise giveaway at Home Depot. They must sense I'll take the $3,000 front lod washer/dryer so I never win! :)

Anonymous

Holy guacamole! What the heck? An ear infection suddenly turns into a tumor in your ear?

At least you won't have any scars from that surgery. Or if you do they will probably be behind your ear and hardly noticeable.

I'm sure it will be no big deal but you can milk it for awhile by putting your hand on your ear periodically and moaning so you can be waited on. I figure you can get a good week and a half out of that.

Wendy- That's a good idea also! Thanks!

Chris- Another great idea! I am so glad I put this out there! Thank you!

flip flop mamma- Thank You!

Miss Songbird- Thank You!

Caroline- Thank you and I sure will :)

Casey- Yes it's a good thing I didn't leave it unchecked for long although I admit I tried to ignore it. Pain and infection and blood in the ear.

Michael- No it was a navy pair of mary jans and I will never look at her mary janes without thinking of you and laughing. Never!

Shell - I don't even know what to say I am laughing at you, you crazy fool! :)

I'll be sending you good thoughts on the 29th.

I have a (perhaps odd) question: can you keep the tumor? I have a friend that had something taken off of her foot and the doctors put it in a little jar so she could bring it home so I could see it.

Hell I think happy thoughts about you all the time.

Better to deal with small problems now rather than letting them become bigger ones.

As for the dryer, I guess it would be soothing after the spin cycle on the washer LOL