Well my baby has slept peacefully for two nights now. Mommy not so much. I feel like I have to watch over her. Heard some noises last night but they could have been my imagination and nothing so clear as the first night. (Thank God).
Kris (first time commenter - welcome!) mentioned my asking Madison what he looked like. Well, I did and she said "He nasty boogey man, he was white" and I asked was he little like her she said "No Mommy he big".
Tammy mentioned how she "whoooshes" her ghosties out in the trash. We tried several things. Daddy beat him up, Lala got rid of him, she was all in agreement but still... she'd say at night that he was there.
I know I have some skeptics and I don't blame you but if you stood in my shoes I guarantee you would feel somewhat differently.
I stopped at a healthfood store last night that I thought might have sage but they didn't. Anybody have any ideas? Would a sage candle work as well?
Too Salty for my Own Good
8 years ago

You know, I have no idea if sage would work....and I used to think I was pretty savvy when it came to this stuff because I LOVE subjects like this (except for when they're scarier than hell...then I am OUTTA there).
Maybe do a little on-line research if you can. Or if you know a pastor maybe he could come by and bless the house. I know you're moving anyway but it might make your stay a little less...eventful.
I got up and Yelled in our upstairs hall way: "PLEASE LEAVE YOU HAVE PASSED ON. YOU ARE DEAD!" That did the trick at our house. Tell Stacy he needs to do the same. But I would not have Madison in the house at the time or it might scare her when daddy yells loud...
I agree with man blogger - you have to tell it to leave.
Creeepy.....
We had "ghosts" in our house growing up - was seen a couple of times but you could hear it and it even knew my freakin name - I KID YOU NOT!
The last house we lived in had a ghost. I told it, it could be there, but it couldn't bother the kids while they were sleeping. AND if it wanted to rock, it had to do it in the basement. It never bothered us after that!
Dude, seriously. I'd have SHIT.
No clue on if sage works or not.
The house where Man and I used to live was 100 years old. There was a spirit that lived there. We even named her Cassie (The feminine of Caspar the friendly ghost). While we lived there, we could hear footsteps upstairs. Cassie also slammed our bedroom door. I just felt her presence a lot. Then one night she said eh, eh, eh. no, no, no. We were freaked the hell out because we both heard it. Man said real loud, you're dead, please leave. We never heard anything from Cassie since. I know it sounds weird but this is absolutely true!!!
Glad you had a quiet night. Let us know how burning the sage candle goes. And I also agree that Stacy needs to firmly tell it that it needs leave. Maybe that will help. Still, can't wait for you to get the heck outta there.
Stacy PQ- I will probably search online to see about a sage candle. Don't have a pastor we can ask.
Man- I think I stirred it up when I held the bible and told it to go so I think we'll just be quiet this last week :)
Cheeky- I DID tell it to leave and it made it mad. Hey, I am a believer. I hate even going in her room to get her clothes in the a.m. If I so much as saw a dust bunny i'd probably piss my pants.
tommiea- Mine doesn't seem to be up for negotiations!
SFG- I did have a brief moment of panic then just plain FEAR set in.
Gerbera- I TOTALLY believe y'all!
Jenie- I'm going to see if a candle will work and I don't think Stacy really wants to stir it up! He's kinda, um, more chicken than I am about ghostie things LOL
I'm glad she was able to sleep the last couple of nights.k
Katie - Thanks Hon, me too! It's been a relief
I'd be a staying at a hotel. I don't play with that shit!
Would you guys like a vacation up here for lets say a week??? You're more than welcome.
Dixie- As long as it doesn't get any worse I can stand it.
Man- Awwww your so sweet but I don't have any time off right now
:(
Patti: What a doll she is! I know this sounds rather ordinary, but what about a plug in nightlight she could look over and see while you two get some badly needed rest? Maybe make a connection that with the light on, everything will be alright. When I was a tot, my parents did this with a really cool circular light blue light that pluggged in and stayed aglow. Just an idea! :)
Do you have any new age-type vitamin/book/Native American sort of shops around, they usually sell smudge-sticks (a clump of sage bundled in twine). Supposedly it's very purifying, I've usually burned sage on the first night in a new house, just as a feel-good thing, it kinda works for me!
Patti,
I have holy bells that clear energy. And have had space-clearing done by Karen Kingston.
She has a website with practitioners that live in different states.
I believe you heard something, like i said I have seen some weird stuff that I wouldn't beleive if i hadn't saw it, like a cloud of fog floating over head in specific direction.
Ghost or gas I didn;t stick around to find out.
Leave a getto blaster in the room all night playing RAP.
That should work.
And what do you mean you won't guess anymore.
What's a story if your don't try and figure out the ending before it happenes lol
Michael- It's a good idea. She's not keeping us awake, i'm just having anxiety issues myself I think!
Sandra- Bwaaa haaa in South Carolina? Are you kidding me? This is backwoods junction here. I'm still looking though. I think the ritual alone would ease my mind.
Loving Annie- Hmmm I might check her out. Thanks.
Walker- LMAO at the rap thing, in this neighborhood the ghost would probably appreciate rap. I didn't mean anything bad by saying i'm not guessing. Okay my guess is that Ada doesn't die. :)
I've never had anything like this happen but I believe you. I would be scared to death. How long until you move? Not soon enough huh? I'm glad she is getting some rest.
You can order a sage smudge anywhere on line. They do work. I also use sage when I have to have people over that I think are icky .. or have negative energies. I have read that children, being innocent and not cynical, OFTEN see what we cannot. I would never ever dismiss it. Never. You can also tell Madison that if he speaks to her again, or throws her blanket to tell him to please not do that and to please go away so she can get some sleep. (I am assuming that you know FOR CERTAIN that some freak from the neighborhood is NOT in your house .. right?)
I know my gramma smoked my aunt's house when my uncle died....I googled it and this is what I found:
) Crack a window in each room of your home and take a dried bundle of sage
(available at most metaphysical stores) and "smudge" your home clearing out any
negative or stagnant energies. Smudging is simply lighting the sage bundle, making
sure you have a safe receptacle to catch the ashes in, and walking around your entire
home allowing the smoke to circulate and cleanse the energy and space.
2) Being firm and unemotional, walk around each room of your home, while saying
loudly and firmly, "This sage is cleansing out all negative energies and spirits... all
negative energies and spirits must leave now through the windows and not return." Do
this until you sense the negative energy has gone and the room's energy lightens (to
a positive - look for peace) and then say, "In the name of God , this room is now
cleansed." Know and sense this.
3) Remember not to worry about how you sound if you stumble on your words. The
main thing is your intent, which is your faith. You have power and have nothing to
fear. Your intentions are to rid the home of negative energies and spirits and they will
know this, if they are there. Always work with your own energy from within your soul
and incorporate this energy into the cleansing. Draw your divine power from within
your innermost being.
wow patti, miss a few days and look what happens ;)....hope y'all are okay and can get moved soon! thinking about y'all!!
Wendy- Yes it's a relief she is sleeping at night now. Three nights in a row!
Wendy2- No there is no freak from the neighborhood in my house! We have an alarm system and the dog would bark.
tommia- Thank you. I still haven't found any sage though.
Lee- Thanks honey!
Post a Comment