I'm SO EXCITED!

It may not look like much but we've rented this house on the Isle Of Palms,SC (outside of Charleston) the week of August 18 -25th. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 2 screened porches. We got a really good deal. I know it's not the taj mahal but the pictures looked nice enough and the rental company has a very good reputation. So.... now I can get through all the stuff of moving with something to look forward to!!!
**Oh and I won't even be all negative and blog about the fact that Stacy mentioned inviting his mega drunk friends down to stay, um, the ones I probably like the least. I see a little trouble brewing on the horizon but i'll overlook it for now.
29 comments:

Oh...that looks awesome! Sounds like it will be a blast! And umm...we'll just send vibes that way that the drunk friends can't attend. :)

OMG.. I love the Isle of Palms... very very posh.. or as VB would say 'Major'! You go girl....cause that is the ONLY way us true Southern girls ROLL!

Plus, you could give me a sleeping bag anywhere on that beach, and I would be the happiest person known to man!

You so deserve this..

Jenie- Thanks I appreciate that!

Sheila- Awww thanks!!! :)

Anonymous

OH I love it! Vacation homes arent meant to be fancy to me. I love going and being at a place that I dont have to worry about and can just enjoy flopping around and reading a book.

Looks nice. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Invite your own drunk friends! Cheeky & I are pros.

Mr J- One of the very things I plan on doing! I can't wait!

Katie- hehe... I know y'all are. He just pisses me off sometimes Grrr....

Girl, that is fab. I am so glad you got it. I am also jealous, you tramp.

Glad that this will help make the move easier, Patti !

Ihope it is very nice and clean inside and the screened porches are really comofrtable and invting to sit on in the afternoons while Maddie plays !

Oh I hadn't made any plans for that week but I have been searching for flights around that time frame - IF I can get a good deal I will come visit ya!

Isn't it amazing what a promised treat does for the ensuing time of toil? I love goodies to look forward to!

Invite a friend of your own to drink with. Problem solved!

I can't stand having drunk people in my house...even if it were a house I was renting. I don't want them around. Lets hope you can talk him out of that!

I have always wanted to go to Isle of Palms! Looks beautiful! You will have a blast!

Just make the drunk friends sleep outside on the beach lol...

That sounds like so much fun - I'm envious!!!! :)

You mentioned screened porches....that sounds like a great place for a guest to sleep. :)

(PS..I'm back but I haven't updated the blog yet. Maybe this afternoon....)

SFG- Yep but i'll be a tramp at the IOP for a week! hehe...

Loving Annie- Me too, Madison will be in hog heaven. She doesn't know yet.

Cheeky- Kewl! We'll leave the light on for ya!

Lynilu- I almost "have" to have something to look forward to. Weird. Next it will be my birthday, then Maddie's, then Halloween. Then the holidays..

Dixie-The problem is I don't want them to come AT ALL. *frowns* and it has nothing to do with drinking, I drink myself but these are irresponsible,violent drunks.

Wendy- You would hate this couple!

Retro Girl- LOL it may end up that way if I have my way about it.

Casey- Welcome home! Hope y'all had a wonderful, fantabulous time!

I want to sleep on the screened porch with my jack and some vanilla coke. I do dishes laundry and I run a mean dish washer.

Oh yeah when I get lit I am a nice drunk and love everybody LOL!!!

I love the Isle of Palms...we stay in a house that is two doors down from the Citadel's beach house when we go......granted to afford that monster house, we go with the whole fam damily....but it is so nice!

Man- I like coke zero and vanilla vodka. Glad you are a nice and loving drunk!

tommia- I know what you mean. We have considered that but this time it is just us and whom we invite. I know our nephew Chad is going to come and stay. He's so excited! Yeah it can be VERY expensive 3-4k for a WEEK!

Patti: I like Dixie's advice here! Have your favorite girlfriend see if they can drop by! That would be a nice counter-balance and you could stay out of each others way-especially if it's someone you may clash with. BTW: Looks very cool to me! Plenty of room for Maddie and her toys!!!:)

Looks like a great place - and sounds like fun! "Isle of Palms" - love the name. I'd go there based on the name alone! Good luck with the..uh..social situation!

WOW that looks BIG!!!!!!!
It look like it has two tower on the top, one could be like the tower of London where you can torture guests that you don't want LOL

Have a nice day
Oh and I tagged you ;)

I would SO be there on the name alone..."Isle of Palms". I LOVE Palm trees! Looks and sounds like a nice place.

Hopefully the drunk obnoxious boys won't be able to make it.

Hey, if you don't want the friends to come, say so and lay down the law. Come on, who's paying for this? If you do let them come, then first thing line them all up and lay down the rules. If they break just one, everyone has to immediately leave. That may keep them in line.

Lee

I'm so jealous patti :) in a really good way though, LOL...we're going to try and get away for a long weekend to Myrtle Beach in Sept...glad you've got something to motivate you

Anonymous

We've stayed in that very house twice now!! We're headed down there in the am but are staying at the Seaside Inn, since we're only there for the weekend!! I'm jealous of your entire week!!!
Marie
mtvass@charter

Michael- I don't have any IRL friends I can ask. Sad.

Dakota- The name has always enchanted me too!

Walker- Oh I love the torturing guests part. Hmmmm have to check out that tag!

Gerbera- I love palm trees too. It's a drunk obnoxious couple and their 13 y/o son!

BTE- Oh if they show up I will definitely be laying donw some rules!

Lee- Been wanting/needing this for a long time! Hope y'all get to go too. I heart the beach. Ahhhh...

Marie- Great! I'm glad to hear some info from a "vet". Have fun!

Anonymous

Just post the address here and we'll all show up. Hahahaha...

I was just yelling at the Boyfriend that if I go on vacation ANYWHERE this summer it's to go with you girls somewhere. Love the man but sometimes I just gotta do things without him.

Never been there but looks great to me!!!