
I REALLY need to scan some of my wedding pics! Anyway I hope I haven't told my story before but I was thinking back to when Stacy and I first met.
We met in November 1988.
I worked at a local Motel just off of I-95 which was a busy~busy~busy place. (Florence IS about half-way between NYC & Miami you know!).
Stacy was working in Florence doing construction on the new UPS building and staying at the Motel.
My policy was "no dating guests. Ever" because plenty of married businessmen and truckdrivers were forever hitting on me.
Stacy asked me out and I told him said policy. The next night, he asked me again. Next night, again.
I thought "Holy Crap is this guy EVER going to get the message?". He would come down and work out in the Gym and I would do my work behind the front desk and snicker to myself because it was so obvious he was trying to impress me.
He would come to the desk when it was time to get off and we sat around and talked. Anyway I did give in and we did start dating.
He lived in Summerville (about an hour and a half away).
We did the long distance thing for a few months. Then he said his ex-GF wanted to get back together and he was "confused".
I solved his confusion for him, I told him we were through and that was that.
Little did I know he and the Ex had never broke up and he was a cheating low-down dirty dog but anyhoo......
It wasn't long after that he started contacting me again wanting to be friends, see me, etc.
I was having none of it.
For FIVE years he would call my house and talk to my Mom, my Dad, my Brother but I would never return his calls.
In June 1994 once again he called.
My Dad gave me the message and he and my Mom both said "Why don't you call that poor boy back?" and something just clicked and I thought "Why not?".
So, I did. We talked and talked and talked.
He drove up that week-end to pick me up and took me back down to Summerville.
We went out, we had a blast. The sparks were still there. This boy was serious.
In a matter of weeks I had moved down to his parents house and he was talking marriage.
At first I asked him if I could think about it. (Hey not every girl aspires to have Mrs. in front of her name!).
But after some soul-searching I realized I did love him.
He made me laugh, he made me feel special and despite the redneck good ol' boy exterior he was the Prince I always said I would have and wouldn't settle for anything less.
We got engaged July 1994 and planned on getting married St. Patricks Day 1995.
Well it wasn't long before we decided we didn't want to wait that long so we re-set our wedding date for October 22,1994 and the rest, they say is history.
Oh and did I ever worry about him being a cheating low-down dirty dog again?
Nah. He told me after we broke up he told his Daddy and all of his friends "If I can ever get that girl to go back with me, I"m going to marry her" and he did.
I have never doubted his love for me and I hope I never do!
Now I want to hear your story of how you met your Significant Other. Details!!! If you'd rather do your own blog post about it that's fine, just tell me.

7th grade swim rescue class. Dated off and on until October of our Sophomore year.....been together ever since.......I think I have a pic somewhere of us in the 7th grade - I will have to find it and scan it LOL
Sweet story.
I'll skip mine for now. :-)
How sweet!! Good thing he never gave up, hu?
Man and I met at Target. Man was going through a divorce and got a job at Target for the Christmas season to pay off the debt his soon to be ex wife had racked up. I was still married to my ex. I had joined a gym (without consulting him first, ie. without his permission) and the ex threw a major melt down shittin fritter fit. You'd have thought I went out and bought a car without consulting him. I told him not to worry, I would get a second part time job and pay for my gym membership. You see that was what he was upset about "I was spending his money". I got a job at Target for the Christmas season to pay off my gym membership. Man and I worked together and were friends. After the Target gig we kept in contact. We shared horror stories about our significant (NOT) others. He said if it ever got to the point I wanted to leave, I would have a place to go to. I did want to leave because it was past the point of me WANTING to leave. I knew I HAD to leave. I was scared. I did not know what to do. My ex is a control freak. I finally got the courage and I left his sorry ass. Man has been so good to me. He is my best friend.
It was a Saturday in the park...
I think it was the Fourth of July...
People dancing, people laughing...
A man selling ice cream...
Singing Italian songs.
Oh lordy, that's a long ass story. i'll have to email ya.
Very short version - we worked together.
Mike sent out 3 emails to girls whose profiles he looked up on the internet. I was one. I also was the only one who answered him.
At first we only emailed each other but eventually I asked for his number and called him. We talked for about a month or so before I would meet him. He lived about an hour and a half away. He drove to where I lived and I had him meet me in the store my mother and I owned. The store had a silent panic button you could push and the cops would come. I kept that remote in my pocket for the meeting.(just in case he was an ax murderer) We talked, he wanted to take me out but I thought we would be able to talk better at my house so we went there and stayed up all night talking. We began to date after that. He was persistent. I was unsure if I wanted to date him still. He kept after me though. Eventually we planned a trip to Florida together. My parents and grandparents were all there so we would stay with them. One night he was trying really hard to get me to go out to the beach at night. I finally agreed but was nervous. We didn't stay long, it was too windy, I was too nervous for some reason. When we got back to the condo we sat down on the driveway to talk. He told me he had planned to do this on the beach then asked me to marry him. I said yes and the rest is history. It was only around 4 months from when we met to when he asked. We didn't get married until the fall so about 9 months later. That wedding was a secret wedding in Vegas. We had another wedding where all our family and friends came in May the following year. No one knows this except for our parents and we've been married going on 8 years. Sshh, don't tell.
aww, that was a great story..
I dont even remeber my storsy anymore..how sad is that?
My sons birthday is st pattys day..he could of been born on your annivsary if u could of waited...gee wiz..
What a great story. It goes to show that true loves conquers all. Thanks for sharing.
Patti, what Gerbera said. Well that and I think she is HAWT!!! Just like you sweetie.
We met at work...were friends for six months first...and then...the rest is history.
It's been 11 yrs now.
He emailed me in response to my online ad. We chatted for a couple hours online and then met within a few days. We saw each other off and on for about a month, and then he decided he wasn't ready for a relationship. I emailed him telling him he should have given us a chance. Two months later, he emailed me, we met up to talk, and we've been together ever since! It's been five years now and three since we married. I need to put a pic of our wedding on my blog. I'll try to remember to do that.
And I soooo want to see a pic of Cheeky and (future) husband in 7th grade. Get to scanning chica! :)
That's some serious persistence!
I'd tell my story but it would certainly exceed the character limit for the comments...
Awww. Sweet! My story isn't nearly as interesting. We both sort of knew each other through mutual friends. He happened to be doing a construction job at the office I was working at. We went to lunch - cuz we knew each other a bit. We went to lunch again later in the week, and then dinner and then he moved in, and in 8 weeks, he'd proposed, and by the 6th month mark, we were married and ... well, that was 14 years ago!! Funny thing is, had anyone EVER told me I would end up dating, never mind marrying him before we went to lunch ... I woulda laughed in their face! I'm so glad how it all went down. I still love him to bits!
Mr. Hottie & I met thru a big group of friends, several years ago. We were both married at the time. We saw each other occasionally when the group of friends would have get-togethers. After a couple years, we both wound up divorced from our 1st spouses, and started hanging out alot more....our friendship blossomed and one day we finally admitted we had feelings for each other...and dated awhile, moved in together and a year and half later eloped and married on the beach! :-)
Fantastic story!
Karokee bar. Small town, Texas. We were the only 2 people in the room who had all of their teeth. A match made in heaven, I tell ya.
Awwwwwwwww............ thanks for sharing.
I met him online. Shocker, eh? No? 11 years ago we met on AOL. I made him chase me like crazy. I wasn't all that interested and he was. A friend died and he stayed up all night long talking to me on the phone and I knew then that he was meant for me. Who else would stay on the phone with you all night mourning someone they never knew?
This May it will be 10 years we've been together. Living apart in two different cities three hours away. I still think I'm the luckiest girl in the world because everyone adores him and I do too.
Cheeky - Wow you'll have to dig up that picture! :)
Jenn - Come on I really want to know the story of you and the Idiot! *grin*
Dixie - He said he just knew I was "the one". Awwww.....
Gerbera - God was certainly smiling on you when he sent you the replacement for that ass-of-an-ex of yours! Man is the BEST!
Purpletwinkie - Okay are you singing a song to me or telling me your story?
SFG- Spill chica :)
Wendy- You are living proof that internet romances do come true!
Bossy- You gotta remember it! I have a sister and nephew both born on St. Patty's Day!
Caroline- You are welcome.
Man- :) You are a doll. You and Gerbera always make me smile.
Pack of 2 - Friends first is always a plus I think! Congrats :)
You, Angie & the kitties are the cutest family!
Jenie- Another internet success story!
TKW- Tell it on your blog then!
Wendy- Girl, my Uncle used to tease me that i'd end up marrying Stacy and I'd tell him he was out of his mind. I never dated anyone like Stacy (good ol' country boy) EVER. We're complete opposites but it works.
Retrogirl - Wonderful story! So romantic. I love a happy ending.
Tammy- Bwaa haaaa I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall there!
BTExpress- You didn't spill yours. Didn't y'all meet courtesy of MySpace? You & Lori are adorable!
Shell - You are very lucky because distance can be a strain sometimes. Any wedding bells in the future? Hmmmm???? ;)
Oh, how I met The PK is a LONG story...I've gotta make it a blog post.
I loved your story though...it kinda sounds like mine (The PK ended up going back to his ex-wife for a while on my insistance!!!)
Glad everything worked out for you two...you make such a sweet couple! ;)
I have two stories. One is about my ex and one is about the guy I like now.
My mom had surgery and my friend and I went out that night to a bar. Not a club, a bar. I didn't want to get fixed up, I just wanted to relax after spending all day at the hospital. So we walk in and I go to the bathroom? This guy walks up to my friend and says, "Tell me about your friend. I'm going to marry her." Ten months later? He did.
The guy I like now? We were friends and became really good friends. One day we were on the phone and I said, "you have a crush on me" and he said yes. We like each other alot but there seem to be a lot of obstacles-I have a lot going on with my kids and he has a lot going on as well. But we can get past THOSE things. I hope.
Hmm, similar experience with me. Suz and I met at work. She was living with someone, so I didn't even bother trying to talk to her. Then I found out she was on the outs with her live-in BF. So we started hanging out as friends, even after her BF got a new job in my dept! Them was awkward times.
I remember she told me one day, if she had met me first, things would be different. And soon after, things started being different. I felt like I wanted to 'rescue' her from this bad relationship.
It took her almost a year, but she finally moved out. We bought a house together a year later, in '01, then got married one more year later.
Maybe you've already seen it - but here's our story.
I love "how we met stories"! Yes, you need to share some more photos too!
Cheeky's story is the cutest thing I've heard in awhile! AWW!
I met MT at one of his ex-g/f's shows. She's a musician and I was a big fan. He was her guitar tech that night. I was sitting at a table with a friend and when he walked in our eyes met and we pretty much have been inseperable since. Turns out we'd been in the same room for the same shows on and off many times over 2 years and had never bumped into each other. I guess the timing wasn't right yet.
Post a Comment