Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting in my cube (sad because it was my bosses last day. He's going to a different area) when a female co-worker comes in and sits down. I'll call her Ditsy. In a second you'll find out why.
Ditsy: "You have quite a few gay friends right?"
Me: "Uh, Yes"
Ditsy: "Well do they are all know each other?"
Me:"What?"
Ditsy: "Do they all know each other?"
Me: "Who?"
Ditsy: "You're gay friends"
Me: "Which gay friends?"
Ditsy: "All of them"
Me: "Um, no they live all across the United States"
Ditsy: "Oh, I thought it was like a big network or something".
Thank Gawd she got up and left so I could sit there and crack up by my lonesome. WTF? A big network. Where do some people get ideas from? And I still don't know why she even brought it up to me.
Well, my boss who is leaving, is gay but that's no big deal to anyone. He's out and proud. He's been a great boss. Gave me wonderful raises and bonuses and was very fair. My new boss will be a woman. I'm not so thrilled about that. She's kind of, well, I get the impression she might be catty but i'm reserving judgement and trying to be fair. I must say Thank You Ditsy for making me laugh on a day when i've been pondering alot of things, workwise.
Too Salty for my Own Good
8 years ago

Oh NO!!!! Our secret is OUT!!!!
That girl sounds like a moron...(sorry). That's like assuming that all blonde people know each other. Or all men know each other. "Hmm lemme see---yeah, I know Bob Johnson. Lives out West. Brown Hair, 5'8"---that NARROWS IT DOWN". lol
So sorry to hear your boss is moving on. It's really hard in your lifetime to find a boss that is 'the greatest' and treats you very well, and you really enjoy working with them. I've had that and it was awesome. Why does that never last :-(
Working with women is tough. Some are very catty, petty, emotional, devious.. Good Luck
LOLOL...that's good....you might shock her even more with the revelation that not only do we not all know each other, but we don't necessarily all like each other either ;)
I worked for a company that printed phone books, and they made several directories for black people and business only, so why not the all gay network? Go back and tell her, yes, you are the gay connection for your region. :p
You don't know about the network? How funny. I had a very naive girl that I work with convinced that we have to go to school before you get your "lesbian card"....ha! If I mention it now she says "Ang, are you ever gonna let me live that one down?"....not yet, maybe someday.;)
Angie
Maybe she was talking about a gay alliance forming a new televison company. The Gay Network!
The Gay Connection. It kind of sounds like a gameshow that would be hosted by Burt Humperdink using that really long and skinny microphone. Airs right after that honeymoon show.
**shakes head in disbelief**
This may be the Rainbow Connection that Kermit THE Frog always sang about. Ya KNOW Kermie was gay.
And is there a ditzy loons network? Ah, no, duh, how would they organize it.
What do you mean? All gay people don't know each other?
Damn, I knew I was being lied to.
RE: the female boss...I was once in this situation (she already had a black mark against her with me since she was female) and she wound up being the best boss ever...I hope yours surprises you in a positive way as well.
Now p-c, be nice. Everyone who passes through has a purpose in our lives. Perhaps hers is to make you laugh and make you feel very smart. Not bad!! Oh, and don't forget making you relieved that you don't belong to her network. See how important she is??
Some people never stop amazing me.....well if there is a network of gays, blondes, whatever, I am outta the loop - which kinda makes me feel bad....cause I like being in the loop! hehe
As for the boss....keep an open mind. One of the best bosses I ever had (who I had lunch with this past Sunday) was a woman - the other women though - BITCHES! But....1 outta 3 ain't bad right? (the rest have been men and Cheeky can play it with the men bosses ....lol)
I don't have a "thing" against women bosses per se, I just have always gotten on much better with men as my boss. My boss who left is the owner of Reilly's parents, grandmother and sister (see he trusted me enough to let one family member go) and we're just buds. We will still be in touch though but it won't be the same. The new boss. I worked with her years ago and she doesn't like other women she views as "competition" very much. She also used to have "favorites" and "spies" but back then she liked me. Now I think she's trying to figure me out all over again. I dunno, I think this is sort of like when dogs sniff each others butts or something LOL At least that's what it feels like to me. Damn this is a whole new blog post, or it should have been!
A big network? OMG.
Is she part of a Ditzy Network by any chance?
I hope your new boss is as generous as the old one was.
I really just don't understand people. My ex's Mother asked me (for the 100th time) what I was studying in school. I explained that it was social work and that I was currently working with the homeless. She looked at me and said, "you mean you have homeless people in Kansas City?" She was dead serious. She thought since it was cold here in the winter that we didn't have homeless people.
As for us, the "gays", no we don't know every single gay person. It would have been nice when I was dating though.
OMG. Seriously? Too much.
PS ... I feel for you on the boss thing. Mine is retiring in one year. He's the best boss I've ever had. It'll be so hard to top him.
Hilarious! I think I would have laughed out loud if she had said that in front of me.
By the way, my gay friend knows all your gay friends.
What do you mean there's no gay network? There's totally a straight, blonde girl network. I know everyone like me. Every last one.
That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard all day. And my day has been full od ridiculous shenanigans, so that's quite a title.
So, they don't all know each other? :) Ditsy is funny.
I've never had good luck with my female bosses. Some kind of power trip or something.
Good luck!
She must think all gays know each other.Poor woman i think they only gave her half a brain.At least you got a laugh out of it.
My flaming gay cousin says that there is totally a network and that is how they get the hot guys to "cross over to the dark side."
Seriously, he slays me. LOL
Post a Comment