

Well I did take some pics and hopefully will be able to post them soon. I have been visiting around to other blogs but have been busy with work and just getting a chance to post. Our week-end was wonderful. The King George IV Inn was just lovely and very soothing. The bed was heavenly. Stacy had to boost me up to get in it (i'm short) so we had a giggle over that!
There was a huge Victorian Dollhouse in our sitting room that Stacy was enchanted by. He is now inspired to build one in the future for Madison. I say "Good luck i'll stay out of the way on that endeavor".
The Inn has it's own on-site mascot named Queen Victoria who was quite the charming kitty. I of course pampered and made much of her every time our paths crossed. We had a delightful southern breakfast every morning with scrambled eggs, grits, sausage on Sat. & bacon on Sunday, toasted fruit breads,Waffles and Earl Grey Tea. There was also complimentary cookies & benne wafers all day/evening long which we partook Saturday night. We walked all over Charleston and enjoyed the old Slave Market. I laughed at Stacy in the Gucci boutique goggling over the price of a pair of Maddie sized loafers $238. I saw him stealthily sneak into Godiva so i'm looking forward to some nice chocolate tomorrow on Valentines Day. I of course bought some souveniers but also got some good buys in Talbots Petites & JCrew and some funky little boutiques. We hit some of the culinary highlights of Charleston. Friday night we ate at Hyman's Seafood and got there "right" before it got busy cos' there was a line three deep when we left. Stacy had boiled shrimp & steamed oysters, I had a cup of she-crab soup and a shrimp scampi appetizer. Heavenly. Saturday we at lunch at Poogans Porch on Queen Street I bought a t-shirt w/ poogan on it and also the Cats Meow Poogan's Porch house that shows Poogan on the porch and the black cat on the porch railing It is the only Cats Meow figure with another animal in it besides the requisite black cat. I will put it with my collection of Sheila Houses that grace my mantel. Anyway at Poogan's we both had fried catfish (gave mine to Stac), fried Oysters & fried shrimp all very lightly breaded & fried to perfection, accompanied by red rice, collards & fresh biscuits. Yummy. For dinner Saturday night we went to the Mellow Mushroom for pizza. I am somewhat of a pizza conniseur but this one would make yo' tongue slap yo' brains out! It had a nice light garlic/olive oil base, steak, portobello mushroooms, artichoke hearts, black olives, feta cheese & fresh mozzarella. And did I mention this was one HUGE pizza. We took the leftovers back to the room (there was nicely appointed little fridge in the far corner which we stocked with beer & leftover pizza) and we ate the rest of it last night at home. Still delicious. Man. I love me some good pizza! Sunday we went 'round the Market one more time buying a few more things and had dinner at A.W. Shucks. Stacy again had boiled shrimp & steamed oysters (his fave) and I had a cassoulet consisting of lump crab, scallops, shrimp & cheese. Very good. I also got a goofy t-shirt that reads "Big Mussels, Long Legs & Tasty Tails"
Anyway a good week-end was had by both of us. We did some relaxin & lovin - something we have needed for quite a while. I'm thinking of surprising him in a few months with another week-end at a B&B this time in Wilmington,NC at the Beach. Pics should be posted soon, I promise, I might have to get a FlickR account or something. I'll surely be glad when I have access to a computer at home again.

sounds like someone had a very good time!!
you all glowing aren't you!!
Ooo...that sounds WONDERFUL!!
And maybe we should start a "Short Bloggers Club"??? I'm only 5'3" myself...but you know what they say about small packages, right??? ;)
Can't wait to see the pictures! :)
Never been to Charleston. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Queen Victoria sounded cute. I love bookstores and Inns and places with cats as mascots.
~S
Goodness, there is really much worthwhile information above!
Fast Weight Loss | here | Levitra Online
Post a Comment