Sure Have Missed Y'all
It's been a l-o-n-g time since I have blogged. Part of it was a job change and the unavailable time during working hours to blog anymore. It got hard to blog at home too because Stacy would give me crap for being on the internet but that seems to have gotten better.
Part of it, too was the loss of my Mother January 25, 2010. That knocked the socks off of me and has changed my life forever.

Alot of you I still communicate with via F@cebook which is nice. I love FB but it's not the same as blogging. Blogging is so much more in-depth. It has always been theraputic for me.

I am trying Tw!tter also but that is just not really working out well with me. I like FB so much more and I can FB from my Blackberry so Tw!tter is really redundant for me but i'm on there so.......

Well let's see what has been going on in my life since August 2010 when I last blogged.
It would be impossible for me to re-cap and as I said alot of you are my FB friends and know so i'll just write about what is going on with me lately.

I had a complete hysterectomy on March 16,2011. It has been sort of rough going recovering, I have some really tired days but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so that I am really starting to stress about going back to work. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY thankful to have had six weeks off of work WITH 100% pay but I have loved having the freedom and time with Madison and popping into her school etc. I have come to the realization despite all the big talk when I got pregnant that I would LOVE to be a stay-at-home Mom. However we now have some financial obligations that make it pretty impossible to be a one-income family but I am a believer of miracles and do not doubt the power of God so if it is in His plan, it will happen for me.

Speaking of God, there has been a significant event on that front also. After much hard thinking I decided to give up practicing the Episcopal Faith and started going to a Baptist Church. WITH the blessing of Father Andrew who concurred that Stacy would probably be more comfortable and get more from a Baptist Church. He was a good sport, God love him but he did struggle with weekly communion and with switching back and forth between the Bible and the Book of Common Prayer. We visited an old country church a few miles from our house, Mechanicsville Baptist in November 2010 and after visiting for a few months decided to join in January 2011 and myself,Stacy & Madison were all baptized into the Church.
If any of you know me you know I have always been a spiritual person who pretty much mocked the whole Bible beating thing but I must say I am learning a thing or two from Pastor Frankie's sermons. I love Pastor Frankie because he is all about the positive and really helps people. I can honestly say that if any one of you called him on the phone, said you had broke down on the Interstate and didn't have any money he would be right there to pick you up, get you fed & sheletered and would see about helping you get your car repaired and getting you back on the road. The man is not about the money and he is about as real as real can be. He doesn't nag about attendance, he doesn't do altar call where he peer pressures people into being saved, he doesn't preach hell and damnation but focuses on God's love. There are a few people in the Church who get all 'happy' and throw their hands up during the sermon etc. (and I always have to fight back the giggles) but hey they worship in their way and i'll worship in mine sitting in the back against the wall. (Yeah i'm one of THOSE "back-row Baptists" LOL).

Anyway that is what is going on with me lately. I hope I can make blogging an at least weekly event :)
Oh and wishing my precious Sister-In-Law Buffy Tindal a very Happy Birthday today!

~The Monogram Queen~
7 comments:

Ooooh! I have missed you!!!!! I'm so glad you're doing well! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Find me on Twitter if you get a chance (the_pink_owl). Best wishes for a speedy recovery from surgery!

Xoxo

So glad you are blogging again, and thanks so much for coming by and for your caring thoughts.
My heart goes out to you on the loss of your mother...It certainly does change one's life forever....But you sound as if you are handling ALL things very well--Including your recovery from surgery. I am not ib FB or Twitter, so it is good to catch up with you, once again, my dear.

You need to be on Formspring (formspring.com). It is unto the ultimate in awesomesauce. My post today should have a link to it. All social networking sites will soon fall before the might of formspring in accordance with Satanic prophecy. Just you wait.

Well, it's good to see you back. I hope you'll post at least occasionally.

That's quite a change from Episcopalian to Baptist! But if it works for you, so be it. I hope it gives you and Stacy another common link to bind you together!

I'm so glad you are back to blogging Patti. I missed your posts.

I say ditto Daisy Patti. Seeing your post is like Christmas morning for me.

hey now...don't let fb replace blogger...I don't think I'm friends with you on fb so I don't get any of the stories!!!