I didn't put this on FB because alot of my co-workers are on there but last week me, my sister Kathy & my niece Carrie went to Savannah, GA for a few days.
The Desoto is a very old hotel built back in the 1800's but recently underwnt a million + renovation.
The beds and bathroom were superb.
We stayed on the 9th floor overlooking the pool which was on the roof of the 2nd floor wing and also overlooking Madison Square (ironic no?)
This hotel even had something I have never saw before, a 13th floor!
When we first got in the room the bellcap was unloading our bags and I jokingly asked him if the hotel had any hauntings he said "Oh yes" but could not stay and talk because it was a busy time.
So camera in tow off we beat it up to the 13th floor where we found.... room 1313!
Whoo you couldn't pay me to stay in that one!
I told Kathy & Carrie as we were walking down the long murky hallway if I heard "Redrum" it was cut and run - every woman for herself!
I'll tell you some of the touristy stuff we did in another post this week but the next morning Carrie said "I heard the water in the bathroom turn on and off and when I went in there I SAW the faucet turn on then off".
We just sort of ha-ha'd at her like "Yeah right" (because we had taken the Ghosts & Gravestones Tour -which sucked).
The 2nd night I woke up a little after 1 and I heard the water turn on, run in the sink then shut off after a few seconds. I felt the hair rise up on my head.
The way the sink worked this could not happen accidently. No way. I laid there facing the wall thinking if I see something I am going to just die.
Then Kathy said "Did you hear it? The faucet" I said "Yes" and turned over to face her & Carrie who Thank God were awake.
I made Kathy walk me to the bathroom & turn on the light (don't judge!) then I took a pill to make myself go to sleep.
The next morning Kathy said "Oh you missed it, the faucet kept going on and off, it took the cap off of your Coke and put it back on right in front of us and it was tapping around the room".
They were all excited. All I could think was "Thank God we are getting the hell out of here today".
So.......... if you want to go to Savannah and stay in a haunted room. Room 920 at the Desoto Hilton.
I can vouch for it personally!
~The~Monogram~Queen~
Too Salty for my Own Good
8 years ago

Didn't you at least dive into the pool from your window? That seems like a missed opportunity.
Grant, I admit every time I stood on that balcony I had the compulsion too. Good thing I didn't go out on the balcony at night or ghost might have pushed me LOL
Sounds like my haunted house story. CREEPY!
You couldn't pay me enough to stay there!! LOL
Post a Comment