I'm Alright
Just a quick post to let you all know i'm doing okay.
It's not easy, really a moment by moment thing. I can be okay, and then suddenly 'she's gone and you'll never see or talk to her again on this earth' will slap me in the face.
Everyone has losses. I realize that but this one, this is the 'big one' for me.
I talked to my Mamma about everything. I used to cry just THINKING about her dying and now it has happened and I just don't know what to do?
It breaks my heart when I talk to my Dad because I can tell, he's trying to be brave and soldier on but he's as bewildered as I am.
It just seems unreal....... like someone is going to wake me up ....
or that she is just away somewhere and will be back soon.
My sisters and I are going through some of her things this week-end. I am truly dreading that. Dad is going to keep the house as is, because it's 'home' and I don't blame him there. But we have to go through her jewelry, shoes, clothes, accessories.
I can't wear any of her shoes and clothes but I am going to keep the monogrammed sweatshirt I had made for her for Christmas some years ago because she loved it and wore it all the time. Also if no one else claims it i'm getting her leopard coat, maybe I can have it altered down to fit. I can't let that go to a stranger.
So anyway this is my update.
Thank you all for the continued prayers and kind words. It means alot!
I know with time, and love and patience of Stacy and my family I will be okay.
13 comments:

HUGS!!!!

I know the feelings you describe. I kept something of my mom's that makes no sense, but I just wanted it. It's a terry cloth robe monogrammed with her name over the heart. I don't even know where she got it, and I can't wear it (she had lost so much weight toward the end of her life, and it is an XS), but it hangs in my closet and when I look at it, I remember her.

The hurt will ease with time, but you'll always miss her and have the tears, Patti. Just as our babies are always our babies, no matter how old they are, our mamas will always be our mamas. Peace, dear.

Anonymous

:( I'm sorry
*hugs*

(((HUGS))) to you dear Patti! :)

In my thoughts!!

Patti...I did not know about your terrible loss. I am so so sooo sorry, my dear. I know what it is to lose your Momma....it is a loss like no other. My heart goes out to you and to your dear family at this very difficult and sad time.
Be good to yourself---be kind and gebtle with yourself and take it one moment at a time, if needed....I send you BIG BIG HUGS, my dear....
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

I just want you to know, that I've been praying for you often. One breath at a time sweet friend. Sending ginormous hugs to you!

MJ

I can't imagine how that would feel. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

hey sis i also didnt know know dealing with my brothers accident myself. im so sorry i see you lost her almost on the same date i lost my grandma a year ago. it will get easier but you will never forget trust me dear i think about my grandma everyday. wish i was there to give you a hug. thinking of you sis!

love u!

It will get easier. It's the times when I feel like a little girl and want to climb in her lap that are the worst. Thinking of you.

~hippo hugs~

God I feel like such a little poo for not visiting. Why didn't you tell me. I am so sorry. I hope you are coping with what has happened. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Greg

I'm so sorry.

God I felt like I was reading my own post...more and more I cry about the thought of my mom dying.

My mom has such faith and is so religious that she just doesn't understand me when I tell her how much I worry.

I'm an only child too so I'll be going it alone, I think it hurts even more knowing it's inevitable and there's nothing you can do to stop it...we have control over so much in life but not death.

Thinking of you deeply.