A bottle tree over on St. Helena Island. I saw one of these in Southern Living Magazine years ago and I loved seeing one in real life! It is an old gullah tradition - meant to keep away the 'haints and hags!
The Beaufort river, we were drooling over the beds of oysters!
The front door of the Old Point Inn where we stayed. I can't reccomend this place enough. I have more pictures on F@cebook. The innkeepers Paul and Julie were awesome.
This is their slogan, they gave me two coffee mugs and a fancy pen for my birthday. I loved it! The Inn was fabulous. So comfortable and I felt so at peace there, something I desperately needed.
Just out goofing around a little bit!
Sadly after we came in from taking this picture I received a call from my sister that my beloved Aunt Barb had passed away in Pennsylvania. She has been battling cancer for so long and took a turn for the worse before Labor Day but still I wasn't ready for this news. We cut our visit short and they even refunded us a night's stay which was unexpectedly kind of them. We headed to Summerville to pick up Madison, visited with my MIL for a little while and then headed home to Darlington. I packed, got about three hours sleep and we were up and headed for Pennsylvania. I was terrified of bad weather (they had snow the preceding week) but we were blessed with wonderful weather and the foliage was gorgeous. I know Aunt Barb probably ordered it up especially for me. I was her pet. I will blog more about that trip this week.
Peace and Blessings from...

Sorry to hear about your Aunt! {{HUGS}}
I'm so sorry about your aunt. No, it is never easy because we can never be prepared.
Your getaway sounds just wonderful!
So sorry to read of your loss, my dear...These things are so very hard. My thoughts are with you and yours!
It looks like that is a wonderful Inn and in such a lovely area....I'm happy you had such a good time there...And that it had to be cut short because of this very sad news is a shame. Maybe you'll be able to go back there sometime soon.
first, let me say I am so sorry about your aunt. It is so hard to lose our loved ones.
Then I must say that the picture of you is fabbo! You are looking really good, girl.
I'm glad you had such a wonderful time for your birthday. Hope this next year will be full of joy and peace for you.
~hippo hugs~
My thoughts and sympathy to you and your loss.
Oh, Patti! Such a delightful trip. I knew how much you needed to get away and then a loss. My heart is with you in sympathy and in friendship.
Michael
Looks like you had a great time on your little geataway. I am sorry about your aunt passing away.
you actually make me want to visit this quaint little place!!!
Goodness, there is a great deal of effective info above!
download free games
Post a Comment