October Get-Away
My birthday and our wedding anniversary are in October and we usually go somewhere to celebrate.
We went to Beaufort, SC, last year and loved it, we stayed at the North Street Inn and it was very nice.
This year we were going to go to Savannah but decided we've been there four times in the past 10 years and then I thought "Well there are things we haven't done or saw in Charleston and it's close to home" so I booked us a room there....... BUT
over the week-end while staying home to take care of my bebe' girl I had time to peruse the internet and came upon Beaufort again.
I found a wonderful place, The Old Point Inn (www.oldpointinn.com) that is on the opposite end of the waterfront where we stayed last year.
It was used in the filming of the movies "The Big Chill" and "The Great Santini" (a Pat Conroy book).
The Inn was featured on the awesome halloween carriage ride we took last year (and I hope we can do it again!).
I am just beyond excited that I was able to get a reservation - and for $25 less than the room in Charleston cost us, where we would have only gotten continental breakfast.
At the Old Point Inn we will get a three course gourmet breakfast (served on the Verandah weather permitting) and they have a wine/cheese reception in the afternoon as well.
The Inn has bicycles we can use (HA won't THAT be cute but we just might!) and I am just so excited to be going back to Beaufort again. I really think it's the right choice for us.
I can't wait and you know there will be lots of pictures!
***Hoping to hear about the j-o-b this week. Cross your fingers,eyes, & toes for me!
8 comments:

Sounds lovely!

Good luck on the jobby!

I KNEW there was a reason I thought you were so damn cool....we both have birthdays in October! I'm sure i've hit on this revelation before but I really don't recall...so it's all new to me again!!!! LOL

The Old Point Inn sounds awesome! You will have a fabulous time...

11 days till we get to Florida! Even though it's partly a business trip for hubby---I will be in the land of Palm Trees and Seagulls and my home away from home near the ocean. *dreamy sigh* so it'll all be good! (Now if I could just convince him to move there! lol)

Have a fun time in Beaufort.

Fingers and piggy toes are crossed for great news at work.

Lots of fun plans ahead! What part of Florida are you going to?

Patti, That sounds like a wonderful get-away! I've never been through Beaufort NC or SC. Wanted too, but never have! LOL! Hope you and Stacy have a fabulous time!

Oh, and hope Maddie is feeling much better! ~Hugs, Rhonda :)

lol! And go for The Big Chill, Patti! That was such a surprise reference for me! You are so cool! :)

MJ

Sound wonderful. I just love get aways.