Greatest Show On Earth!
*** EDITED TO ADD*** I totally "get" what Wendy is saying in my comments but I will delete any anonymous comment. All of my regular readers/commenters know you are always welcome to post any opinion you have on my blog. Regardless of how it reflects on my opinion(s). I respect and like you all! I wasn't even thinking from a "pc" standpoint when I wrote this post and I DO empathize with any disciplinare actions taken during the training of the animals.

We had a terrific time at the Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Circus at the Civic Center! The elephants were awesome!

I would love to know how they get them to stand up and do all the things they do!

Yes - we are retardo ricardos - me and my sister "K". I think she has one of Stacy on her camera in his clown face!

Stacy & Madison coming back to their seats after a bathroom/get-Mommy-a-teeshirt Break!

These white tigers were GORGEOUS!

Look at them all standing up! I can't get over how they teach these wild animals such awesome tricks!

Stacy playing with Madison's Twirling Tiger!

Brittany & Madison cheese for the camera. They REALLY enjoyed the show. Every aspect of it. I am so glad we decided to go!

The Monogram Queen!

The finale - I should have taken more pictures but it was hard, I was so enamored of what was going on! It truly IS the Greatest Show On Earth!

Also I wanted to say the t-shirts were only $10 which I thought was very fair and they are very nice shirts.
The toys, yeah they were maybe a bit over-priced BUT they give you a guarantee with everything (on a plastic card) and Madison's light-up thingy stopped working I took it down and they exchanged it - no questions asked, as nice as can be and it worked from there on out.
Really i've been to a LOT of places that sell souveniers and never had this kind of Customer Service.
My hat is off to the Ringling Brothers, Barnum And Baily Circus.
Kid AND Parent Friendly!
We'll definitely go back next year!
30 comments:

We took Josh once when he was
younger to the circus...He wasn't
all that happy...The clowns creeped
him out...

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!

"retardo ricardos" LOL!! looks like you all had a blast. you have some great pics here. i love the clown pic of you and your sis!

;-)

I'm impressed with the customer service and the prices, they seem very reasonable.

Anonymous
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Well now ... I surely wish Anonymous didn't write that Anonymously ... if you're going to step up and speak up, don't be a coward and hide too. Although Patti, I wouldn't have said it like Anon did, but I tend to agree a bit. I refuse to attend circuses that have animals because, well .. tigers aren't meant to line up, stand up on their hinds and entertain us. And elephants - well ... I'll just say I don't agree with using animals the way a circus does. The daughter of a good friend of mine had worked for the Elephant Sanctuary in TN ... such sad cases when the elephants finally make it there. (google it and see what great work they do for the elephants) Anyway - I surely didn't mean to rain on your circus. I'm ALL for family fun, laughter and love. Have you brought her to see Cirque du Soleil or Jungle Dreams (a take off of Cirque) ... AMAZING and fun! I was just pretty shocked that Anon chose to write that and remain Anon. Fool. I hope I didn't offend you here Patti - as it most certainly is NOT my intention. I do know that you are good with people saying their thoughts here, as long as we keep it nice and do NOT hide behind Anon!! hugs, wendy

Laurie- The only clown that I saw didn't have the nose/hair he was a very non-threatening clown. We were probably much scarier! LOL

Namaste- Thank You!

Bella- They were

Anonymous 1&2 - Which I deleted. Go spout your political bullshit somewhere else. Not interested.

Wendy- I totally understand and I really wasn't thinking about that. Maybe not PC and you KNOW i'm an animal lover but we enjoyed it and i'm not changing my post :)
P.S. Any of my regular readers are always welcome to post ANY opinion. I just have no patience/use for anons.

Anonymous

What if we have nice anonymous things to say, like it looks like you had fun and I hope you enjoyed yourself, but we just want to say these things without letting you know who we are. It looks like you had fun and I hope you enjoyed yourself. So there! You will never figure out who this is. Time now to go scour the internet for pictures of hot J-bunnies. OMG look out behind you - Giant Atomic Chickens™!

So there won't be any lingering concerns over cruelty, I think they should have a BBQ after the show and serve the animals to the crowd. Mmmm...tiger burgers.

The Atlanta zoo had a famous gorilla named Willie B. When he died, they renamed the snack bar outside of the habitat after him. I have to say that it didn't do much for my appetite to look at the surviving gorillas, then see a statue of Willie B., and then be confronted with a shack selling burgers and hot dogs. Monkey dogs sound mouth-watering, but I don't want one that died of old age - feed me the stuff in its prime.

anonymous/Grant - I hear you. Jeez I think i'm going to probably regret this post.

LOVE the tigers espeically. That's always my favorite part!

DO NOT like the clowns. They totally freak me out!

Even at my age I am still fascinated at the circus. I must admit I'm not crazy about many of the animal acts. It depends on what it is. But I love the people acts and the excitement! And the cotton candy! And the flashing toys! And the popcorn! And the .... well, you get it.

Do NOT regret the post Patti!! You had a blast - and it shows in your photos!! THAT was what you set out for that day, a fun filled family day. Don't change a thing. :~) I just gave my thoughts. And - thank you for respectfully letting me have my say. You're a doll and I do KNOW you love animals.

This comment has been removed by the author.

I kinda feel bad for the animals. It was fun when I was 7 though. I like Cirque better than the circus but that is just because my tastes have changed.

Patti, DO NOT EVER regret putting anything on YOUR blog. Key word here is YOUR blog. You can post whatever the hell you want!!! I think people who comment annonymously are pussies! There! I said it! It is ok to disagree with any issues, however don't be childish and speak your mind but not so anyone knows who you are.

Ok, now for my comment, I LOVE the circus. Good for you guys taking the girls and having an awesome family day. I remember taking my girls to Ringling Brothers Barnum & Baily and what fun we had.

Well, shoot! I'm late to see all the action going on over here.

My kids have never been to a circus, but it's not because I haven't wanted to take them! I'll have to see if JAX has something coming soon. Maybe R.B. is heading down the East Coast!

Patti - check your email ... I rec'd something VERY STRANGE today!

The circus can be wonderful. I loved going as a child, and adore Cirque du Soleil now :)

Anonymous

I took my cousin's kids once to the circus and I have to say that they were more fascinated with the cotton candy, the twirly light up thing, the t-shirts and popcorn I bought them then the animals. However the motorcycle act where they go round and round in the cage they were both watching intensly and I just thought "Wait a minute...I paid XX for the tickets to come here and see the animals and the only thing they are paying attention to is the @#$(%!!@ motorcycles and toys?". Never again.

MJ

I love the circus and it is pretty facinating seeing all the things that go on at once. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

I haven't been to a circus in years. Must admit it isn't my favorite, but I LOVE zoos. I also have enjoyed the Sigfried & Roy Garden in Las Vegas. I guess I have to say, "To Each his own."

~hippo hugs~

I'm glad you all had such a fun time! I can't wait till our little fella comes home...and we can take him to various family events like this :-) Your family posts/pics always warm my heart...and help me stay hopeful and stay in faith...we'll get there...one of these days!

Anonymous

FUN!

You know ... I've never been to a circus. How sad is that?

Anonymous needs to learn who to focus their anger on. Audiences are not the place to do it.

Well, I didn't see either Anon. #1 or #2....
But,
As a kid, I LOVED the Circus...And we went every year to RBBB in Madison Square Garden. And then, many years later, now as a grown up....I went to Ringling Bros., once again, because I happened to know The Ring Master at that time---A very talented guy who had sung some of my songs in his "nightclub act"---in his other life when NOT with the Circus. It was such fun and everything about it was a joy to see....And he had gotten us The Best Seats one oould possibly have....
We went "backstage" to see how everything works in The Circus---They were ALL getting on The Circus Train in a few days, to continue on their tour---EVERYONE living on The Train, while at each city...Some dear little Tiger Cubs had just been born and we were even allowed to hold them and one could see how much love they were given by all the Circus People, who said, "Pretty soon you won't be able to hold them like this". Then, he took us to the Elephants. The Elephants were ALL penned up and chained....and well, that was a whole different story. We were told to NOT do anything of an even seemingly aggressive nature--like raising your arm---It was actually quite scary, and I think, for the very first time I realized how these Animals should not be here. How they should be in their "natural" habitat. Not Chained. And, the Little Tiger Cubs, too, who would soon be locked up in small cages, most of the time.
That was probably the beginning of the true raising of my awareness of the cruelty of this whole operation.....And, I have not ever been able to go to "The Circus" again.
It doesn't take away from the JOY the Circus gave me as a child---Watching those many many Clowns getting out of that liitle car, was delightful. But, the other side of The Circus is the truly terrible cruelty of placing ALL the animals in the positions of being slaves---Positions that completely go against their nature and who the really are....It Is All Very Very Sad.

Anonymous

Glad to see that you were able to have a good time and get that "black cloud" out of your forecast.

The only time I remember going to the circus when I was a kid was when my Mom worked at the nursing home and they took the residents. Me, third grade and a bus load of octogenarians.

It was really probably the best field trip I've ever been on. I like old people.

First off, It looks like you all had a great time at the circus by the look of the smiles of your faces, bunch of clowns that you are.Secondly I didnt see the comment annonimous left but if you wabt to express an opinion then its best done with yiouyr underwear on your ass and not around your face sniffing your road rash.

I am assuming since i didnt see the comment that it was about the care of the animals.
For thos who don't know, circus animals in north america at least are inspected by government agencies to make sure they are kept well.
Next in the cases of some animals like the white tigers whp should be extinct by all rights have been brought back and a number of zoos all over the world have gotten theiers from people who own circuses.
Are some animals treated bad, I am sure there are as I am sure there are people whop treat their pets at home badly but you cant catch them because hey are behind closed doors.

Circus owners value their anmals and do their best to make sure they are happy and as healthy as they could be.
I might like to add that animals who are raise in captivity don;t know what the wild is and they do live longer than is they were out there in the wild being killed by poachers for trophies.