From finish to start (why be normal?)
Madison riding her favorite - the Monkey!

Madison even got DADDY to ride!!!

One of my favorite of the "life-size" Christmas Cards made by local students at area schools in Charleston.

Madison working the light-board on one of the huge Christmas Trees!

This is one of my favorite things to see every year, a sculpture made of SAND.
(I'm not sure if that reindeer to the right is dead or what but.....)

Madison and her cousin "J" pose by a reindeer

Another favorite - the coconut falls from the palmtree, conking the monkey on the head! Poor monkey! This is another timed light one with the coconut falling in stages.

Another bright snowman! (I love snowman - how bout' you?)

Snow family! (and somebody peeping in the mirror while driving!)

We interrupt this light show for some family photos! Me & my sweet girl!

Three kiddoes ready to see some action!

Finally - after waiting over an HOUR, Yes - an hour to just get into the Park we are turning in! None of us have ever been in a crowd like this. We went the Sunday before Christmas so I don't know if that is the most popular night but I don't reccomend it mmmkay? Thank God my SIL had a portable DVD player in the van or we would have been toast! Ha!

I loved the wreath, poinsetta and gift box. you can tell I'm old, can't you?
~hippo hugs~
bloody hell! i wanted to be first, but i'll settle for second. the pics are AMAZING. what a great light display! my two fav pics are of stacy riding the turtle. that turtle is a good damn sport, for sure! lol! and i LOVE the one of you and madison in the car looking like best friends! :)
Melanie{Brown English Muffin} just emailed to see if I know you, saying we're from the same town.
I was thinking, "Nobody else in blogland is from Florence, certainly no one else that knows you." Too small of a world right?
We live in Charlotte now, but my roots are there. In Flo-town. Go figure!
:)
FANTASTIC Christmas Light Decorations....! It must be quite thrilling to see the Animation of some of these things, "in action"....Worth The Wait, yes?
Next time steal those flamingos for me. If you get busted I will be your alibi!
MQ
love the pics and the little monkey on the monkey ... she is adroable!! As you live through my NYC pics I shall live through yours!!! Todays blog though I was a bit stressed so it is not as light hearted as others!! LOL
Great pictures - what a great place!! Looks like so much fun!
Have a great week - Kellan
Love the lights. That's one of my favorite things about the season.
Simply awesome....I want that mamy lights in my front yard...I'm sure I would be ran out of the neighborhood.
Cool lights! We have something similar in Dublin, but not quite as big. ~Rhonda :)
We have a neighborhood here
in Arlington that does this sort
of thing...It has gotten so big
that the police have to direct
traffic....
Maddison can get here Daddy to do
what ever she wants him too...
Just like her Momma can :)
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!
Pam- Me too that's why I posted those pics. There were hundreds to choose from. Trust me!
Namaste- Yep Hippo Chick beat you out. LOL @ the Turtle. Many jokes were made - trust!
Camport- I visited your blog too and posted before I read this. Small world eh?
OOLOTH - Very worth and i'll go as long as they keep doing it!
Cheeky- Deal - wait how you going to alibi me in MN?!!
Maeve- We can live vicariously through each other! We all have bad days & good. *sigh*
Kellan- It was!
Chickie- Me too, i've always been a fool for lights!
MJ- I'm sure we are the embarassment of our 'hood but who cares!
Rhonda- It is very nice I just wish it were closer but oh well. We are always down there at the MIL's anyway!
Laurie- This is a County park, I don't know any 'hoods but I do know a few good houses we ride to.
well that looked like fun they have something like that down here but its a parade of boats with light on them in the bay its kinda cool. all that matters is the fun right? have a good day sis!
kisses
Ryan- It was alot of fun. I'd love to see the boat parade. They do one in Charleston too but we've never been!
Great pictures...that's kinda like Swan Lake...prolly bigger..we might have to check it out next year...don't want to go with that kind of wait though!
Happy New Year!!!!
Michelle- I've only been to Swan Lake once but it's MUCH bigger. We usually go on Saturday night and didn't have any problem I dont' know what made this year so different maybe that it was Sunday. Anyway DON'T go on Sunday LOL It's so worth going though! Abby & Kyle would love it.
That light show was pretty nifty. the only thing they didn't have was Dracula popping out of a festively decorated coffin. That would've been sweet.
The lights are amazing! What a special thing for Madison to remember her whole life :)
Martini- A Halloween version would be swell in my book too! You KNOW I love Halloween!
Sandra- Yes I think it's a great tradition!
There is a place in a KC suburb near where Caroline & I lived that had a magnificent display like that .... well, no flamingos and sea creatures!! .... that we used to enjoy greatly! Fun, fun!
I am crazy about the picture of you and Madison!! Wonderful!! Two pretty girls!
wow your light show is WAYYYY better than ours!!! My fav pic was the one of you and Madison of course!!!! LOL
The sand one wasn't bad though those people always amaze me!!
what fun!! those are the things kids remember most!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Been there, done that, too many times. I did like the pic of you and Madison though. We didn't even go to the park this year. I have seen it enough.
Patti,
She's even cuter than the Christmas lights, and they were looking pretty darn good !
I love the carousel photo!!
Thanks for sharing the light show. My favorite is the palm tree with the coconut falling on the monkey. I LOVE palm trees.
How FUN!
Ummmm did the ride actually go around with Stacy on it because when i tried it was done.
My favorite one with with you and Maddie :)
What a fabulous show!!! Loved it!!! I can remember being in FL when we were kids and in Tampa they had Christmas Card Lane, and that was great, too. But how times have changed since then! I know the little ones loved it, too! It helps to get them even more excited for Christmas! Great post!!!
((( HUGS )))
Lots of bling, bling and lights abound! Looks like everyone had a great time and the weather was definitely cooperative for you!
I LOVE these pics! Thank you!!!!
Hugs,
Betty
Post a Comment