Yep a Blossom. That is what Madison calls it.
Oh dear me & Stacy laughed and she got mad at us. How do you keep a straight face when little ones mis-pronounce something?!!!
He hissed at me here!

Pigs in the yard (twice now)... Deer.... now a Possum. I'm afraid to ask "what next?"

ME!! teehee! Just kiddin :)
Those little suckers are mean....
On my way to work one day there
was one in the road...I stopped
got out of the van and was trying
to shoo it out of the way...It
hissed at me...But it did get out
of the road...Glad he was safe on
your porch....
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
HUGS!!!!!
EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that thing looks nasty.
how about you trade a blossom for a ryan in your yard! haha i love it when kids mis-pronounce stuff its cute and funny. them blossom are mean i remember chasing are dogs. they scare me!
have a good weekend!
Laurie- In HS I tried to be brave and mess with one and he chased me in a ditch!
Bella- Don't you at least like the pink nose and claws? LOL
Man- Well he wasn't as cuddly to me after he hissed and bared his teeth i'll say that!!!!
Ryan- She's a hoot! Our cats were acting like it was kin or something. Weird. I think I have odd cats!
He was probably even more scared of you, than you were of him ! God made some beautiful creatures, and some funny looking ones, and I always am amazed that each has a useful purpose of sorts...
LOL
This is so funny. Just last night Scout was telling us about "nocturnal" animals and we got to talking about the racoons that used to show up on our deck. Which made us think of the possums. Delaney said they were cute and I said, no they are not! Those things are giant rats with beady eyes and razor sharp teeth!
You got some great pictures of him, though.
And, Blossom? That is TOO cute!
Next = rhinos.
Morning, Patti: Well, you all have Good Vibes, what can I say? :D)
Loving Annie- You are so right and he didn't seem very scared to me LOL
Cheryl- I probably ventured too close and was lucky not to get attacked! That is a funny coincidence though. His nose fascinates me......
Grant- Oh dear God I hope not!!!!
Michael- I am firmly convinced that animals send out a radar "go to the tindal's" - Seriously!
Those are scary critters, and probably a good thing for them, because although they are very frightened of us, they can inflict awful injuries if cornered. "Cornered" as you have him cornered in those pix!! And, BTW, I've never met one of these animals without an attitude! We had one in KC that kept coming back and Ali seemed to feel he should "protect" our home! I was terrified every time that he would get hurt, but it always turned out to be a bark-hiss contest, thank goodness!
Blossom, the Possum!! I love it!!!
I had a friend who had a Possum come to visit in her back yard every day and he was quite benign..She fed him, like she fed the squirrels and the birds, too...! And there was never a problem....Perhaps this little fellow was quite frightened to be where he was....!
Lynilu- I'm sure it will be back! I'm lucky it didn't lunge at me or i'd have probably had a broken camera... and stinky pants!!!
Martini- It was pretty patient until the third time I went out and got the closest pic and he hissed and bared his teeth!
Naomi- He seemed pretty confident to me LOL but We would never hurt him. He's welcome to come eat our cat food if he wants!
OMIGOSH!! I LOVE IT, Blossom. How cute can she get?
Have a good weekend.
~hippo hugs~
P.
Ohhhh wow! I LOVE HER TO PIECES!
Awwww Madison! Your so adoreable!...blossom! How cute.
That reminds me of a ,,,,well,similar situation when Rayven was about Mad's age.We were in the checkout line and Rayven looked at the checkout guy and started yelling LOUDLY "MOM! He's GOT CHICKENPOX! EEEUUWWWW!!!",and I almost died.The poor fella had that teenager achne problem,and I couldn't quiten her down to explain.But won't these lil boogers say the cutest...and sometimes embarrassing things.Innocently,but the poor guy must have felt bad.
Enjoy all these adoreable moments and write them all down ,cuz there will be so many to look back on.
hugggggs
A blossum with an attitude! I've heard it all now! LOL! I can't believe he/she let you take pics of her! Hope you have a great weekend!
Oh, and your pic below is great! I wouldn't cut your hair, it's beautiful! :) ~Rhonda
How sweet, and adorable!! (Madison)
The possum is kinda cute too! Great pictures...heheheh.
My little jack russell terrier (terror) Dottie (who lives in Ky with her dad...my Ex) thought she was the baddest dog around...she had real attitude...until one night she ran into a possum in our dark back yard...was the only time I ever saw that tough little dog come running back into the house whining with her tail between her legs...LOL. I guess it hissed at her and it's reddish eyes scared her! heheheh.
EW!! What an ugly creature. I don't know how you got so close! There is no way I'd be near that thing. But I would laugh to at Madison calling it Blossom. Aren't kids funny?
Dude, you can almost build a fence and charge admittance to your zoo. Blossoms are nasty creatures.
I like the name "blossom"! Next time I see one I'll remember that, and maybe I won't freak out as much.
Well, I'm sure on pins and needles to see what happens with your job. Having just been through an upheaval in that department, I know how consuming it can be. I learned the art of denial during those months, which I'm still having to apply now that we're all back to work, but with much lower salaries.
Madison looks more grown up all of a sudden!
Hugs,
Betty
Psm- Yeah we think it's pretty funny/cute too :) Thank You!
Tammi- Bwaa haaa that is HILARIOUS girl. I would have been mortified but it is funny too.
Rhonda- It sure did LOL What an adventure!
Retro Girl- Reilly went out there but I made him go back in. The Possum was twice his size!
Daisy- They are funny. I just got brave I guess but I would have sh*t if it had lunged at me!!!
Miss Hope- Zoo - is right!!! LOL
Betty- Yep we've got Blossom the Possum! I am trying to be positive but I really do think i'm going to get laid off but I think i'm ok with it. I think!! Are we ever really ready though?
MJ- I know but they fascinate me too.
oh dear God! You have no idea how creeped out I am by "blossoms"! The second I saw those pictures I got goose bumps like no other. Those damn things are just GROSS! Pigs, possums? What next girl? ;o)
I don't care a thing for those nasty Blossoms...mean critters!
Pink Owl- I'm afraid to ask what next!!!!!
Michelle- They ARE mean. I'm lucky he didn't bum rush/bite me!!!
Can anyone say Hissing Blossom pie :)
I think the possum's cute, too. Too bad they are such mean lil creatures.
Post a Comment