Seven Random Facts
I was tagged to do this by both Bradley of the Egel's Nest and Lynilu so i'll have it set to go for Friday while i'm lazing around at a Bed and Breakfast in lovely Beaufort, SC. Don't hate! ;)

I don't even care what the weather is like.
If I get one walk around the downtown area, visit the chocolate shop and we get some good seafood - we can stay in and order delivery for the remainder of the time.
It's all about "us" and togetherness this time.
I did mention to him that I want to take a carriage ride if possible though. Okay off to the randomnes........

1) Although I am TERRIFIED of heights I forces myself to go parasailing a few years back and LOVED the experience. It was one of the most peaceful things i've ever done. I do not, however, see myself jumping out of an airplane - ever.

2) In my twilight years I hope to live somewhere in a very old apartment or house. Something about old buildings just "calls" to me. I love crown moulding, hardwood floors, fireplaces, old light fixtures, old doors and doorbells, old windows. Love them.

3) I get such pleasure out of doing things and spending time with my daughter. Sometimes her "babyishness" annoys me. What I mean is, when she whines or babytalks intentionally (and Yes, I know all kids do it).
When we are just sitting - talking about things or she's involved in playing and i'm just watching her, I get a feeling of such joy and pride.
She really is a funny, intelligent kid and I am proud that other people seem to "like" her so much.

4) I am getting a tad nervous about the election. Living in the conservative South I really wonder how people will react if Obama is elected. Will there be rioting in the streets? I really wonder. People down here can be awfully scary. My Mamma and I were talking about this yesterday and she expressed the same concern so I know it's not just me.

5) I am such a clutter-bug. I really wish I could hire someone to come into my house and just remove all of the "crap" and organize it some. No, I don't want to be a "neat freak". That will never be me but I think it would soothe my soul if my house were in better order and I really believe given a clean slate I could keep it in fairly good shape. Alas I just can't seem to do it myself. I really can't. It's too overwhelming.

6) It's amazing how much calmer i've become over my job in the past two weeks. Ever since they gave us a "know by" date of Dec 1st i've felt better and slept better at night. I am ready to accept whatever happens even if it doesn't go the way I want it to. I've prayed for God's Grace and his strength to help me make the right decisions for me and my family. That is all I can really do.

7) If I could have one wish this second for a specific "thing" (not wealth or health but an object) it would be a shiny 2006 black,white or red Dodge Charger. I don't want a brand spanking new one though I would take a 2007 I guess. Any other color is negotiable also. Oh my god I want one of those things like i've never wanted a car in my life. I used to think people were CRAZY to lust after a car and never really understood it but I want one of those cars and with my job situation being what it is, well it's just not in the cards for me. BUT if I met up with a genie in a bottle ~Poof~ Mamma would be stylin' and profilin' *sigh* It's a fun dream!

20 comments:

But, but, jumping out of planes is so much fun!

I'd LOVE to parasail...that is SO cool that you've done it!

This comment has been removed by the author.

have fun on your trip..

Those were good things...good luck on the car..I hope you find yourself behind the wheel of one of those rides one day:)

Fun post. Hope you are having a great weekend.

~hippo hugs~
Pam

I am with you on the heights and the old buildings. Our family has discussed number 4 too and we hear a lot of talk about it. Heaven help us if he gets elected and something happens to him. Have fun in Bofort.

I am SO terrified of heights...there is no way I'm hanging from, climbing, repelling, or jumping out of or off of anything! lol You're braver than me girl!

#3---You can always just 'hear' the pride in your words here...you beam with love...I can't wait till I can do the same!! You're an inspiring mama!! *HUGS*

I uncluttered my place with the help of Lori and some friends. They of course, didn't have any sort of attachment to any thing, so that helped me get rid of tons of stuff. I decided if I hadn't used it for a year or two, or I had duplicates, I'd just get rid of it. You saw the pictures, so you know much useless crap I got rid of.

Man I could sure use a little help in the clutter department myself.

Did I say a little help? I meant a whole boatload of help.

Hey there, you! Thanks for continuing to check in on me...although I've been a TERRIBLE blog friend! Glad to see you're doing well and keeping up with your tags :-).

Great list, by the way.

Have a great weekend.

i hope if obama is elected..(which im sure he will)...he will prove himself to the conservitive doubters...but there are some who dont like him simply 4 the color of his skin...

which is even sadder...

i dont like heights...and wont be parasailing ever;)

I don't like heights either.

I hope you guys have a great time in Beaufort and you get your carriage ride.

Thanks for the phone call last night. It was fun talking to ya. And we definitely have to work on getting together next spring.

MJ

If I won the lotter, I would buy the oldest biggest house i could find and spend my time restoring it to it's original grandeur.

Anonymous

I don't see anything wrong with wanting something like a car, or jewels, or anything like that. Wanting is one thing but wanting to the point where you can't find happiness in what you have is something completely different.

And you, my friend, have the right perspective on your life's priorities, so you go right ahead and keep wanting and dreaming.

Anonymous

Our branch manager was in a meeting ALL day yesterday. Doesn't look good. Hopefully I won't get laid off before the holidays...

Anonymous

Don't worry about what will happen if Obama is elected. Worry about what will happen to ME if McCain is elected. I'm already working on my temporary insanity plea.

so.... how was the weekend ???

I have always wanted to try parasailing but i don't know if they could get me off the ground.
I'm more of an anchor than a butterfly lol

Bella- For you, maybe! LOL

Stacy PQ- You have GOT to do it, it's awesome! Totally awesome!

Michelle- Thank you - i'm sure I will it's just a matter of "when"!

Pam- Thank you hon!

Greg - Just wish something could be done to prevent such an act, I LOVED bo-fort! LOL

Retro Girl- You will be an awesome Mamma also. Just the fact you are willing to go through such steps for your little one speaks volumes!

BTE- You are right, someone who has no emotional stake is definitely needed in the process!

Mike- Yep i'm with you on the boatload there!

Dawn- thanks and good to see you. I'll keep checking on you!!!

FFM- It is VERY sad but so true. I hear it all the time down here. Pisses me right off.

Daisy- We did it was AWESOME! I hope I didn't come off as too much of a drunken ass!

MJ- ME TOO!!!!!!!!!

Pat- Thank you, it's nice for someone not to see it as simply selfish!

Shell- I hope you don't either. On the other hand i'm ready for some action around here.

Dr. Sparky- I'll be a character witness for you, write letters to the parole board etc. Oh and bake you a cake with a nail file in it. Guaranteed!

Loving Annie- Beyond Awesome!!!!

Walker- Honey if Stacy did it - YOU can do it. I believe he's a bit bigger than you! LOL

Parasailing sounds pretty neat.. I don't know if I could go thru with it though... I would probably chicken out..lol