Just reading her post yesterday about her visit made my soul yearn for those wonderful PA mountains... the excitement of spotting an Amish Buggy, trying to "politely" stare at the adorable Amish children ... of childhood summers spent in PA ....
I am the Queen of all that is monogrammed. I have monogrammed jewelry, shoes, shirts, sweaters, hair accessesories, cups, coozies, keychains, purses, wallets, photo albums even a trashcan!
OH MAN!! On our way to and from
Grandma's house we saw a couple of
Amish buggys! OH how I wish I could
go and live among them. The simple
life for real. But yes,Pennsylvania
is a pretty state (well, the parts
we went through)
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!
Laurie- It is a pretty state but I don't care to live among the Amish. They are a strange bunch! They do fasccinate me though!
Both my parents and both my brothers were born in Pennsylvania. I was the first in my family to be born in Florida.
We always vacationed there two weeks in the summer when I was a kid...I'll never forget seeing an Amish buggy for the first time. Or my Dad asking me if I could see the "road apples". I looked and looked and didn't...so I asked him "What's a road apple look like, Daddy?"
He laughed and said that's what they called horse poop in the middle of the road...."road apples".
Elmer is from PA.
I still love the Iowa Amish best ... I just love Iowa period.
:( I wanna go home!!!!
ps-welcome hippo chick
congrats on being in the IN crowd! :-)
hey sis i stop over left a comment she does have a good blog there thanx so much for the lead and thanx always 4 your love and comments!
kisses!
I will have to check this one out!
Stacy PQ- PA is a wonderful place and I love the term "road apples". I'll have to ask Mom & Dad if they've ever heard it!
Doo Dah- Well Elmer has one good thing going for him, besides YOU I mean!
Ryan- You've always got that honey!
Cheeky- She's very sweet. You're kind of people for sure!
PA - I've heard of it. That's where the history comes from, right?
I've never seen the Amish in person, well not in their habitat that is! But they do fascinate me! My husband loves traveling through PA! He has told me it was a beautiful and delightful state to visit! I'll check you new blogging buddy out!
Hope you did well on your presentation last night! Did you get to retake the test! I admire you for going back to school, working full time, and running a household too! My hat's off to you! :) ~Rhonda
How did the presentation go????
We all dying to hear to aced it!
I LOVE Pam!!!!! I feel like I've known her forever!!
(And I've never been to Pennsylvania...although we were like 45 minutes away this past summer when we were in Maryland...but I've always wanted to do a whole vacation there!)
The Amish are interesting, and their foods are good, but I will no longer buy the foods, and their personae is now tawdry to me because of their puppy mill practices. Do you know that kill breeding animals when they are done with them, compost the bodies, and .... well, I don't have to say it, do I? Google "puppy mills, Amish," and see what you learn. I was horrified.
Sorry for the sour note, but people need to know these things and help to stop abuse of animals of all kinds, but especially in the name of profit.
I like their furniture.
They have a place a couple of hundred miles from here that sell their furniture.
I hear what Lynilu is saying to but not all Amish practice that and to some extent its the governments fault for not regulating places like this.
If all dogs being sold had to be registered and licensed with stiff fines and prison terms things like that would not happen.
I love animals and hate people who run puppy mills but we are the ones to blame for letting it happen.
Not everyone can afford $1200 for a dog and thats why puppy mills thrive.
They have no over head because they don't have to register the animals.
maybe i will go pay a visit, just cause u said so;)
maybe i will go pay a visit, just cause u said so;)
that's somewhere I need to put on my places to go list...they are really fasinating people..
hippochick is cool!
I would love to visit Pennsylvania, I hear it is so pretty...
Patti : cookies earned, chocolate chip walnut/pecan/hazelnut cookies made on Monday the 15th, and mailed to you on Tuesday morning.
Enjoy them !!!
Promises made are promises kept :)
And congrats on doing so well on the test !!!
Genuinely,
Loving Annie
Evening, Patti! You are so welcoming to others and that is so cool!!!:)
Grant- Yeah as in Gettysburg which is way cool!
Rhonda- Thank you so much, PA is a gorgeous state with so much to offer a visitor!
Dooh Dah - Oh I DID!!! Woot!
Cheryl- You should go, Gettysburg will give you CHILLS....
Lynilu- Most of the PA Amish i'm speaking of are "house amish" they don't even have electricity and do not run puppy mills. I think those Amish are more mid-west but I could be wrong and I am TOTALLY TOTALLY against that too. You know that goes without saying... I had never heard that about the PA Amish.
Walker- They do some beautiful, beautiful craftmanship don't they?
FFM- If you have time, definitely worth it!
Chelle- They are and i've had a life-long fascination with them!
Miss Songbird- She sure is!
Loving Annie- You do NOT have to do that but... if you want to, oh go ahead! You could make something simpler if you like also. I"m not picky when it comes to cookies at all! Thank you for your kindness and support. Like I said in the above post I couldn't do it without you all!!!!!!
I went to school with Pam ever since 4th grade. You will love her blog! She's always doing something fun with lots of photos! Yesp, us PA gals rock, don't we???!!!
(((((( HUGS ))))))
A lot of effective data for myself!
here
Post a Comment