
I am finding myself getting MAD at the con man in this book.
How could he DO this to her? Silly, I know, but that is what makes a good book, good. When you really care about the characters.
I read a LOT of Authors who write fiction set in the South Carolina Lowcountry/Savannah, GA area because those are some of my favorite places.
This is only my second book of Mary Kay's, but I enjoyed the first one immensely and LOVE this one, so i'm pretty sure her other two will be winners as well.
At least I hope so.
I also want to look into the "Twilight" series that Cheeky blogged about.
My tastes are certainly eclectic, from aging southern belles to vampires........
Anything YOU care to comment about or reccomend that I might like?
*** I am already a fan of Charlaine Harris, Laurell K. Hamilton, Kathryn Wall, Anne Rivers Siddons, & Dorothea Benton Frank. I also love the "Miss Julia" and "Dear Dorothy" series as well.

Hmmmm I might have to check this one out - I love it when a book makes me emotional over the characters.
OH and ya'll betta recognize - I was FIRST BISHES!
I just heard your guy Brett signed with the NY Jets! Brett the Jet!
The Twilight series is VERY popular with the teenagers. I have been tempted to start reading it. My mom loves Miss Julia. I eventually want to get to read about her as well. I like the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I like the author Emily Giffen. I have started her latest book.
Cheeky- I'm recognizin' i'm recognizin'! I think you would like it!
Daisy- I have mixed feelings about Brett the Jet, they don't play anybody near us! I could not get into Janet Evanovich at all. I will have to check out Emily!
Wish I could recommend something but I haven't picked up a book in awhile. I've got a ton of them all over the place here.
Charlaine Harris & Laurell K. Hamilton are two of my FAVORITES. If you like them, you'd LOVE another author of that genre...Kresley Cole. She writes some SMOKIN' stuff.
I'm reading Laurell Hamiltons "Blood Noir" right now. I got it yesterday and I'm half way thru it already!
And if you like it even spicier than Laurell K. Hamilton (and girl, you KNOW how hot Jean-Claude and Anita and Asher and Damien and Nathaniel and...well, you get the idea) gets, you need to check out a publisher called "Ellora's Cave". Anita Blake can't hold a candle to some of the stuff they do in Ellora's Cave books....plus they have all kinds of genres.
When you know the local of where the story is taking place it helps you visualize the scene as it's unfolding.
I've been getting to lazy to read lately and been picking up an audio book here or there.
I love southern belle stories.
I am convinced I was one in a past life... HA HA
I don't do vampires, but I love mysteries. If you do too then check out Randy Wayne White (the first handful are marvelous). Let me think... I will try to remember a few good ones!
I'll have to check them out - I'm due for a B&N shopping trip soon !
Paula Wall is wonderful.
Shell- Make time to read instead of watch TV - it broadens your mind
Stacy PQ- Good reccomendation! Thanks
Walker- I have tried but I can NOT do audio books. I just have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to listening...
TMP- Maybe you were! Southern Bells Rock! Thanks!
Loving Annie- Will have to check her out also. Thanks!
Morning, Patti: Forgive my tardiness, but the next several days will be busy as Gunner returns home. I want to acknowledge your special friendship and love for my friend as he battles his cancer. No 7 year old should have to go through this, but your message was heard and I am eternally grateful. lol!!!
Sounds like a book I'll have to
get. I love to read and I'm running
low on things to read.
HUGS!!!!!
I am partial to Alabama authors of course, Linda Howard, Sonny Brewer, Carolyn Haines. I also LOVED Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, anything by Adriana Trigiani, Shirley Jump (her first books were foodie books, with recipes yummy). I could go ON and ON...ya know I work in a library so I'm kinda biased when it comes to books!
Michael- I never take umbrage if you don't comment daily. I know you've got alot going on and especially with Gunner. God Bless him (and you). Your sweet comment brought tears to my eyes! Thank you
Laurie- I have resorted to using a website that I put in books/authors I like and it makes suggestions then I go to my library website to see what is available. Exhausting but worth it when you are a voracious reader as I am!
Andie- Oh I have read all of Adriana Trigiani's books too. LOVED THEM.
I LOVE to read any post about books!!!!!
I have not read any of MK Andrews' books. I will have to check her out.
You would LOVE the Twilight books!
And based on some of the authors you listed, you should also check out...
Joan Hess (my FAVE cozy mystery author and they are set in the South. Very good!)
Anne George (mysteries set in Alabama, in fact right here in our area. Her two heroines are two older sisters and they are so fun!)
These aren't fiction, but have you read the Sweet Potato Queen books? You would LOVE them; they are definitely you!!!
And I'm sure you've read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil????? One of my VERY faves!!
Ooh..sorry, i keep coming back...but I remembered the one other thing I was going to mention. You should join goodreads.com; it's a reading community and I just signed up for it. It seems pretty cool.
Cheryl- Oh yes i've read all of Joan Hess, and the Sweet Potato Queen - love her too. I will check out Anne George. "Midnignt" is what turned me & Stacy on to Savannah! Come back all you want LOL I will check the site out as well!
We should just do a book exchange between a bunch of us bloggers. We all read enough, and this way it would be cheaper than buying books all of the time.
Yes! Vampires! *does the Martini-loves-vampires dance*
My twins just read the latest book in the Twilight series and told me ALL about it! They loved the series and everyone I've heard that has read it, loves it. I need to read it too!
Take care - Kellan
I love Mary Kay Andrews! This was a great book! Have you read her new one, Deep Dish! That was pretty good too!
Thanks for adding me to your blogroll! When I saw your id: monogram queen...I knew we had to be friends! I monogram everything I can... LOL! ~Rhonda
Oh, Patti: I just had to ome back here and laugh! "Aging Souther Belles and Vampires!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!:D)! You are too much, Patti!!!
Nite!
Bella- Except I usually go through the library (well three of our local ones) but if LOVE an author i'll buy the books for keeps!
Martini- Dancin' with ya! (are we seperated at birth?!! LOL)
Kellan- I hope I do too!
Rhonda- I've only read two buti'm hot on her trail. Loved them!
Michael- You know me ... odd if anything else LOL!
Post a Comment