Well I was going to at least give you a preview of the awesome entranceway but i'm going to have to get the proper batteries for my camera. Just regular ol' double A's aren't getting it. Even the lithium kind. It's already dead. So........ you will just have to wait. Maybe by then the second coat will be on and there will be some semblance of order again.... Maybe.
After work I have to go to school and take the Placement Test (you know math, english for the oldsters who haven't been to school in decades LOL). I also have to talk to the Financial Aide peeps. I think it will go well. I already know i'm going to limit myself to one or two nights a week. Seriously maybe only one. I don't want to get too much on my plate nor neglect my family. There's no rush. At least i'm doing it. Or I will be.
I am going to stop by the Farmer's Market (it's right between home and school) and get some watermelon and corn. I had both on the 4th of July and they were excellent. Nothing like a cold slice of watermelon. Nothing. Stacy puts salt on his, I don't. How about you?
I also want to try Grant's suggestion of the Paula Deen version of grilled corn. Mine was a wee bit over-done and I want Stac to try Paula's time of 10 minutes and see how that turns out.
Anyway work didn't go nearly as bad as i'd feared yesterday either. Boss was in a really mellow mood which is VERY unlike him coming off vacation. A little birdie told me they "think" he may be on the trail of another job. We'll see. Anyway have a great Tuesday!
Too Salty for my Own Good
8 years ago

FIRST BISHES
I am with Stacy - gotta have a little salt on the watermelon (or cantalope)
MMmmmmmm grilled corn.....yummy
I'm not a fan of watermelon. Never was. I want to see pics of the entryway.
I love me some watermelon. Salt or not. I'll take it either way.
Cheeky- I can't even stand the smell of cantaloupe. Don't know why! Hope you are enjoying your vacay!
Man- You & Madison are the only two people I know who do not like watermelon! Seriously! I need to get that camera into shape to show the pics. I LOVE the color.
Shell- Ha haaaa a girl after my own heart. Ice cold watermelon.... ahhhh they are so plentiful here that they sell for like $1 Farmers sell them out of the backs of their trucks.
When I went back to school I had to take the placement tests to see if I needed remedial math. I got 49 out of 50 right and they still said I needed the refresher course. Hopefully the school you choose will be less of a scam.
Good Tuesday morning to you, Patti !
Glad the boss didn't come down on you as you had feared.
You're smart not to overdo the extra things. One or two nights a week will be just right !
When all of you come out to California to visit (and hang out at the nearby beach :) I'll bake up a storm for you - you can have as much quiche and chocolate chip cookies and....
Have you ever made watermelon popsicles for Madison ?
just puree some in a blender and Put it in a popsicle mold in the freezer overnight with a wooden stick for each handle :) REALLY good on hot summer days for a snack !
I've never had grilled corn ! I usually just boil white corn for 3-4 minutes with a pinch of sugar in the water !
And then 'baste' it with butter and my favorite barbecue sauce !
Loving Annie
good luck on the placement test!
oh i love when the boss is mellowed by distraction. woo-hoo!
corn and watermelon sounds like delish summertime food. i can see the salt and sweet combo. tasty.
;)
~m
OK, I'm not even ready to leave the house, and I'm feeling like I gotta get to the store and get some corn and watermelon!! Geez, you guys!!
When I started college, I had to take the placement tests, too, and my outcome was similar to Grant's. Even though I placed very high, they mandated that I take math, English, history and political science. Actually, it turned out that I enjoyed them, but the principle of testing without paying heed to the outcome was ridiculous!! Good luck, but count on taking everything!! Jus' sayin'!!
I like my watermelon cool and no salt.
I can't wait to hear how the corn turns out!
Yes - definitely need salt on my melon - catelope too!
Have a good day - Kellan
Grant- Given my ineptitude in math it's a sure bet i'll be taking some. Bah.
Annie- Deal! She doesn't like watermelon but I just might make them for me! I bet Stacy would like BBQ corn. We'll have to try it!
Namaste- I'm enjoying the quiet before the storm. Always with him!
Lynilu- I am *shrug* can't hurt. Sorry about makingyou jones for some corn n' melon hehe....
TMP- A watermelon afficionado after my own heart!
Kellan- There is definitely a salt/no salt camp here! LOL
I didn't know until I married a Yank that you DON'T put salt on melons! We were both thoroughly disgusted with each other.
Then I taught him to love grits. He has been redeemed.
Yum, I'm with Stacy, too! Definitelty salt on the watermelon ;)
I do not like watermelon.
Next time spend a little extra and buy a camera with rechargeable batteries. They will save you big buck in the long run.
Oldest Daughter doesn't like watermelon either. I like cold watermelon...preferably WITHOUT salt. The ex liked it with.
No sailt on my watermellon.
Now I did stand it on end, cut the top off, scooped the insides out snd blened it with vodka and pour it all back in with ice and stuck a tap on the bottom end tp pour out some watermellon shooters :)
I put salt on my watermelon too. My wife thinks I'm crazy. When I was a kid growing up, that's what we all did.
Miss Hope- LOL oh yes a "mixed" marriage has it's challenges - most funny! (i'm a PA gal and hub is from the low-country of SC)
Kristy- Hmmmm i'm thinking the salters are winning now?
Bella- OMG it was YOU who corrupted Maddie! LOL
BTE- That's what i've got and the battery pack lasted two years and I just haven't gotten the proper one to replace. I'm an idiot, what can I say?
Daisy- Mmmm I just may have to go eat some more just thinking about it! Who can not like watermelon??!
Madison wrinkles up her little nose at it. Unreal :)
Walker- I went to a party once where people put rum in the melon. It was good but i'll take good old fashioned plain cold watermelon please!
Mike- Hey nothing wrong with it I just savor the sweetness of my melon ;)
Try those Energizer rechargeable
ones that have 2000mAH on the side.
those are the ones that we use.
I bet your entraceway looks great.
Wishing you the best ALWAYS!!!
HUGS!!!
Laurie- Thanks and I wish you the same honey :)
Paula Deen! Lawd Almighty!!! :)
Post a Comment