I want an Ipod
I had one but sold it because I was too retarded to download any music to it and got tired of seeing it sitting around mocking me.
My sister got one and got one of my niece's to download her music for her so I figure I can do the same.
So my birthday is coming up in a few months and if the hubs asks...that is what I want. A small one. Shuffle would be fine. Whatever's cheapest. I have no need for thousands of songs. Now a list of songs I would load on said Ipod ... if I had one.
A LOT of Prince. Warning ya.
1) Do me baby- Prince 2) International Lover- Prince 3) Little Red Corvette - Prince 4) Purple Rain album- Prince 5) Slippery When Wet album - Bon Jovi 6) True Blue album- Madonna 7) Live At Paradise Theater album - Styx 8) The Stranger album - Billy Joel 9) Glass Houses album - Billy Joel 10) Born In The USA album- Bruce Springsteen 11) Saturday Night Fever soundtrack album 12) Alan Jackson's Greatest Hits13) All Summer Long- Kid Rock 14) Jezebel - Chely Wright ....oh man there is alot of rap & stuff but this would get rather tiresome I fear. That's a start though dontcha think? Anything you care to reccomend?
24 comments:

I like me some "angry woman" alternative hard stuff. Evanescence first album is PERFECT "angry woman" music!

FlyLeaf has a few i LOVE too..."Breathe" and "I'm So Sick". Lots of screaming in those two. I find it's wonderful therapy for when the hubby tends to piss me off. ;)

HA! I have an mp3 that I just LOVE
and I have everything from
Elton John/abba to korn/slipknot

Yeah, I'm an extremest :)

HAPPY HUMP DAY!!

HUGS!!!!!

I like Prince too...all those are good ones...we must be about the same age...that list brings back a lot of good memories...that's what I love about musci...it can take you back to good and bad times...

I love all the 70's and 80's rock music, the Led Zepplin, Jethro Tull, David Bowie kind of stuff...

Hope you get your IPOD and enjoy it :)

Can't go wrong with His Royal Purpleness!

Dude! You gotta have the Southern Rock represented. .38 Special (Caught Up in You comes to mind), some Steve Miller Band, and a few Eagles (Life in the Fast Lane?). I dig some Prince, too. And if you got Bon Jovi? There's gotta be a few Def Lepeord (sp?) you love.

I heard the song Love Shack the other day. Freshman year of college. I hated that song then. But, I was singing the smack out of it the other day and smiling over some good memories.

OH..one more that always is a cool one...Boys of Summer (Don Henley??).

I need to hush now. I don't think you asked for this much. :)

i do heart me some prince but one must have the go-go's.

Props to the Saturday Night Fever, Prince and the Kid Rock.
But you've got to add some Jimmy Buffet to that playlist!!!

I have Baby Blue and would NEVER give it away.
It opens up a new world when you want to shut off everything around you

prince is a god!

i love tom petty's free falling. maroon 5's another of my favs.

:)

~m

OH, yeah, I have some suggestions, but you wouldn't like 'em! Outside of the Billy Joel, and maybe the Alan Jackson, our lists don't even come close enough to sneer at each other!!! LOL!!

I'd better leave you to your own selections, Patti! That way we can remain friends!

;D

Good luck on the iPod. Since Stacy doesn't read this blog, should I send him a (wink, wink) personal email?

Pet Shop Boys. All of their stuff! ;)

Jimmy Buffet would have to be on my playlist.

Stacy PQ- I like 'angry woman' music, used to love me some Green Day's "three little pigs" LOL

Laurie- My taste is very varied too!

Chelle- Yep we must be close in age although i'll bet you're younger. It does take you back...

Loving Annie- Those are my older siblings groups!

Cheeky- Nope and I lurve the perfume you gave me.

Miss Hope- I just love your exuberant comment! :)

SFG- Hmmmm maybe one or two of theirs. Probably "vacation"

Jessica- Oh yeah I do love Jimmy!

Walker- Oh yeah I can relate to that!

Namaste- I listen to Tom's Greatest hits CD in the car all the time!

Lynilu- Hey I love Frank Sinatra too... i'm sure we could meet in the middle somewhere. Also alot more country than I wrote down.

Tigeryogiji- Pet Shop Boys - NO! I would have never guessed coming from you *snicker*

Mike- Ah, another parrothead!!!

I am something of an iPod expert having owned three models, and I will help you provided you promise to download and sing along with some Slayer at top volume. I'll assume you just summoned the Dark Lord and pledged your first born should you break this unholy oath, so we can now proceed.

1) I strongly recommend you or hubs buy from a store like Best Buy instead of direct from Apple. Apple's customer service is weak and if you accept their offer for free engraving on the back of the iPod (no big deal), they will fix but not replace it if it is defective.

2) The Shuffle is nice if you are absolutely sure you only want to play music. It's lightweight and good for exercising, but the headphones have a shorter cord (it's made to clip to your shirt) and there is no display so you can't check battery power or things like what song is next. You can randomize the music or step through the songs sequentially, but not select which song to play next.

3) The Nano and Classic models have a hard drive so you can copy files to them, plus they have color displays so you can watch movies, videos, and TV shows on them. The Classic is the best for storage capacity.

4) I've never had an iPod Touch, but they have the largest screen if you really enjoy watching movies on the go. I liked it with my last iPod, but the tiny screen was a pain sometimes.

5) Whatever model you get will be obsolete by the time you take it out of the package.

666) If you have read this far, your soul is mine.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have questions (my e-mail addy is on my blog).

I LOVE my mp3 - I will send you an e-mail.

Grant- Thank you so much for all the (seriously) helpful info. I had no idea. 5) Gee thanks.
)666 I'm DOOMED. You know I have your email. :P

Bella- Okey dokey smokey

Anonymous

My only suggestion.....Trace Adkins. There MUST be some Trace.
Ya know....since we are HOT MAMAS!

OMG. I cannot live without my iPod!! I have about 2500 songs on my classic model right now (I think it's a 30 gig) and some Looney Tunes cartoons downloaded (gotta have Hill Billy Hare!) ... but for music I have everything from Bing Crosby on up to Ted Nugent. Andrew Sisters, Kay Starr, little Michael Jackson, The Beatles, ... I have 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and current. I have well known stuff like Fiest, Maroon 5, Weezer ... and I have stuff less known like The View or Belle and Sebastian. I have Dwight Yoakam (120 Dwight songs alone),Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Doll Parton, Willie Nelson, Toby Keith, Joe Nichols ... I have 38 Special, Lynyrd Skynard, LittleFeat, Roomful of BLues, Lyle Lovett ... I have Everly Brothers, Otis Redding, Etta James, Big Bopper, Candye Kane, LouAnne Barton, Brandi Carlile, gosh ... the list goes on and on. Yes, I even have Bay City Rollers, Village People, REO Speedwagon. I have Poison, Cinderella and AC/DC ... I have Jack Johnson, Jack Penate, Matt Costa, Amos Lee ... I have Laurie Lewis, Hem, Blondfire, The Corrs ... Man Patti ... I could go on and on ... can you tell? Please ... do NOT get a stinkin' Shuffle!!! There are WORLDS of music out there .. oh yeah .. Worlds ... I have IZ, Paulina Rubio, Shakira, The Dead Kennedys, ... I have U2, Grease Soundtrack, Raul Malo, ... oh man Patti ... GO BIG GIRL!!! GO BIG!!!!!!

You have great taste in music! I love Prince as well. I'd recommend Barry Manilow, but he's an acquired taste I think ;) And, my future husband Tom Petty and his pals the Heartbreakers would be mad at me if I didn't recommend them!

p.s. You know I just got the new IPOD Nano (Pink of course) and it's fabulous! It's the 8GB and it holds 2000 songs. I know you say you don't need that much, but they get kind of addicting once you get the hang of it. I also have a shuffle that I only use for the gym, and it's not impressive :( They have a 4GB nano that hold 1000 songs, maybe that would work? Just my 2 cent ;)

Patti: You can't go wrong with The Ramones, The Beach Boys (although summer will be past :( by then), and wait...what about The Beatles? :)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE anything by the Beatles. Same with Fleetwood Mac, Chicago, and Santana. I like the Boss (Bruce Springsteen), Billy Joel, and of course Prince. I like Pink, Sheryl Crow, and Colbie Callait (I think that is how you spell her name.) LOVE Faith Hill and Shania Twain. I Love the big band music of the 40s, some country, some rap and of course Dean Martin.

I'm a Vince Gill and George Strait gal myself. This is what happens after you hit, and pass, that mid-century mark! LOL I'm not in Ipods.....another perk of being past that mid-century mark! I'm lucky if I have time to listen to TV even, anymore.

(((((( HUGS ))))))