I almost didn't post this morning
You know, Monday, blah blah blah but I thought you know what? Instead of the usual gloom n' doom and griping i'm going to post positive things this Monday morning. Here goes:

* I have a job. I may hate it but it gives me spending $$$ and keeps a roof over my head

* Gas has gone down about $.14 a gallon in the past five days

* I got to see my sweet babygirl and hold her a few minutes before I left for work this a.m.

* My sweet hubs took everything out to my car and it was running when I walked out the door (he usually does this in cold weather and defrosts the windows)

* I have big bowl of ice cold watermelon to eat. He bought it yesterday and cut it up last night. Mmmmm just like eating a big ol' smile!

* We went and ate yummy chinese food yesterday at Winn Buffet in Hartsville. Anyone who knows me knows I am not a fan of buffets but Winn always seems to clean and neat (Chelle if you know anything bad - don't tell me! LOL). I love their pork eggrolls & crab rangoon.

* I bought the coolest vintage "Button Your Fly" Levis t-shirt yesterday. Remember them?

*I finally got my 1976 & 1977 set of vintage "Cricket" magazines in the cases on Saturday. Haven't read them. I'm kind of savoring them.

*I made a great library run yesterday. Found a new Author that I think i'm going to really like. Found out I really can't "get into" the Great Gatsby but maybe it's because others have caught my eye/interest. I'll give it another try before I take it back.

That concludes my post. I hope you all have a fabulous Monday and I hope I am able to get caught up on my blogroll. I haven't exactly found my sparkle but I think i'm at least shimmering!
24 comments:

don't worry...I haven't heard of this place?...but I know what you mean about buffet's and Chinese food too. I'll ask my husband...I'm sure he knows about it....If you really like Chinese food when you are at the beach go to the new Commons area and eat at PF Changs...it was the best ever!

Oh and I think I'm first again...thats fun but the reason I'm up so early isn't...Abby has been getting up at night like an infant...guess it's the 2 year old molars...better be anyway!

Anonymous

Ditto on the job thing. I hate it but it's paying the bills right now. Another one of my friends got laid off on Friday so I guess I should be extra grateful.

Bleah...pass the insulin. :p

As you well know, I hate my job too. I can't even say it keeps my roof over my head but I do have benefits with it. And I do have my play money.

Yeah on gas prices going down.

Yeah on our men taking care of us.

I LOVE watermelon!

I LOVE Chinese food too. I don't like buffets either. Gross!!! I'd rather go to a burger doodle than a buffet.

I hope you have a good Monday too. Hope you find your sparkle soon.

HUGS!!!!

Here's hoping you have a exciting
wonderful fun filled week.

HUGS!!!!!!

Chelle- Ooh I hope Abby is doing better! I remember those days... I LOVE PF Changs, definitely have to get down there. Definitely!

Shell- I have my fingers crossed... Shhhh......

Grant- Go back and read a PSA if you want to be a downer :P yourself
*wink* You know I black heart my satan spawn grantichrist!

Daisy- Yeah I couldn't say "wanna trade jobs" to you cos' i'd beat somebodys behind up in Big Bookstore i'm afraid! LOL

Laurie- One can always hope...

Well go you Patti;)

He cut up your watermelon for you? And took everything out to your car? Dayum!

Does he have a brother?

Oh crap...nevermind. I forgot, I'm already married.

;)

The Great Gatsby is one of my very favorite books!! I went through a serious F. Scott Fitzgerald phase when I was about 20 and read everything he ever wrote!! Give it a try again later on; maybe you'll love it then!

We LOVED your part of the world. We had a blast at the beach AND Delaney's team won the World Series. YAY!!!!!

And oh yeah...mmmmm....watermelon!!

Here's to finding your sparkle, or should I say feeling your sparkle.
Bunches of hugs....

Now I want watermelon! But it is OK this time, 'cause I have one here! LOL!

Your line about the job reminds me of something I got recently, and I'm gonna put it on my blog. Check at my blog later today.

I hope gas prices continue to fall, fall, fall. I hate feeling this restricted.

Shimmer away, dear friend!!!

FFM- Hey I gotta at least TRY y'all would get tired of my debbie downer posts all the time!

Stacy PQ- You've tried this before. Face it you are stuck with the PKing! LOL

Cheryl- I am because I do think i'd like it - i'm just eager to get my paws on some of the others first. I am SO proud and excited for y'all! Whoo Hoo!

Miss Songbird- Thank you, it's slowly returning!

Lynilu- I think we are due for them to fall.... I love "shimmer away my dear friend". You make my heart smile Lynilu!

Anonymous

You seemed to have found your sparkle too!

(the small and enjoyable things in life!!!)

Cold watermelon does pretty much rock! :)
Have a great week!

Anonymous

I just had to do a Patti style PSA post today....glad you approved. I just needed to vent!

I think we all should stop and think about what we have to be happy about from time to time.

TMP- Yes I hope so I don't like to feel down and out of sorts but if we didn't have the bad we wouldn't appreciate the good (okay i'm seriously getting on my own nerves here!)

Jessica- Yes, yes it does. But it MUST be cold. You too honey!

Andie- Girl if anyone deserves a vent it is you. How you have not committed bodily harm on someone- I don't know! You are a good woman.

Mike- I whole-heartedly agree!

Way to start off the week on a positive note! Hope this means you are going to have a good week!

Gotta love them vintage T's and mags!! I'm not familiar with Cricket tho?...I'd like to find some of the vintage romance comic books they used to have...or True Confessions magazines (my big sis always had those and wouldn't let me read 'em! lol)

Yeah...it's good to count our blessings. Wish those gas price reductions would hit us up here!

Dude, who's the new author?

You can't always look at the bad and disgaurd the good now can we.
Watermellon sounds good now

Wendy- Thanks I hope so too!

Bella- I'll have to go look LOL I only grabbed two of his books but he had several more and I think I am going to like him (which is rare i'm picky)

Walker- No we can't. I've got a big bowl for today at work. Makes the day better.

It has to be FUN always to do projects with Madison! Such a cutie!:D)