One of my dearest blog friends is currently pregnant and I am totally thrilled for her and love hearing what she's going through, thinking, feeling etc. Love it. Another blogger whom I consider a friend as well recently had a baby and i'm dying to send a gift. Looking at the video of her bringing the baby home from the hospital, the excitement of her other child over the new one, her sweet little family. It's bringing on baby fever. People i'll be 42 this year. My eggs are probably comparable to the ones they feed astronauts on the space shuttle. Still I am thinking i'd love to have a little boy to match my Princess. I know the timing would suck, my job is up in the air. Why am I even contemplating this? Stacy would probably faint dead away if I even voiced it so i'm writing it here. Somebody stop me before I do something totally crazy!
Here is Madison moments after she was born. There were complications, she wasn't breathing and had to go in an incubator and also receive oxygen. VERY scary time there!

I loved love LOVED this little duckie onesie. It was hands down my favorite.

God I wish I could lose weight and be this size again. I like my hair too. Doesn't Mad look like a little doll baby. Honestly? I could eat her up with a spoon.

I love this one of her, with her little widows peak (we teasingly called her Eddie Munster). She looks so bright-eyed like she knew all about everything even back then.

Okay somebody stop me here before I do something CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Midnight feedings. Stanky diapers. Crying baby. NO SLEEP for MONTHS ON END!!!! Pulling hair out crying why o GOD why...
Did that help?
I can understand why you would want a sibling for Madison. But those little babies sure are a lot of work. Good luck to you whatever you decide. Maybe us bloggers could have a blogger baby shower for you. ;-)
OH*WOW!!! Man and I were FIRST!!!!
Man- Congrats on being first!!! Daisy too (since y'all are tandem). Um yes that is working nicely... thank you!
Daisy- I think i'll get past the baby fever truly! LOL It would be totally NUTS.
Tell one of your siblings to get pregnant. That helps. I'm sort of over it now that my brother has said they're trying. I'll just spoil their little one.
Cute pics. No babies for Bella. They're cute, but they are a lot of work - and I'm lazy. That is not the best mix for success.
I'm with you on the baby fever. I'm going to be 44 soon--Cowboy just says it would change our life alot--doesn't say no but doesn't say yes. Good luck on that one.
I was just looking at Josh's baby
pictures the other day. I know what
ya mean by doing something crazy.
Being pregnant is something that
only women know. We bond with our
child(ren)nine months more than
dads.
Great! Now I've gotta stop myself
before I do something crazy. UGH!!
I need another child!
It's hard. This having kids at "an advanced maternal aged" is definitely hard. I sometimes feel like there is just never enough of anything - time, money, space, patience.....
It's good though. The hugs, the kisses, the kids (finally) happily playing together.
It's a tough call and you are the only one who can make it. Baby fever though is often helped (if not cured) by holding, snuggling and cuddling someone's infant. If that doesn't work, ask to babysit overnight. :)
I hope you figure out what you want to do. It' snot easy - these baby wanting instincts of ours. :)
I think both of you are even prettier now :)
Patti, remember sleepless nights for months and months, midnight and 2 am and 4 am feedings, spit-up, poopy diapers, toys all over the floor, colic, car seats, high chairs, not being able to have even an hour of rest and relaxation during the day, being unable to go anywhere - even the supermarket - without packing the whole baby bag, lack of sex because you're too tired, money spent at the pediatrician's, etc., etc.
DON'T DO IT !!! Madison is a fabulous kid !
I think you just need a lot of regular good sex from Hubby to make you feel cared for and loved and fulfilled right now...
Shell- They are all older than me and I think spayed already
Bella- No and I respect your honesty in that. Not everyone is they think it is "the thing" to do
MJ- That clock is ticking woman LOL
Laurie- Friends of Stacy and I just had a baby (Georgia Kate) in March and they are our age unfortunately they live 2 hrs away.
Casey- I've been so adamant against wanting another one then BAM it hit me so hard last night. You are right I need to "borrow" one!
Annie- I think you are so very right you wise woman!
Can't help ya...I want another one too. And that shocked the hell out of me.
Good luck. :-)
must have been something you ate. i'm sure it's viral and you'll get past it.
;)
~m
WHOA!!! You've got THE fever!! :-)
Trust me, I know exactly how you feel. I'm knocking on the door of the #42 myself and I think Mister M. would slit his throat if we had another baby :-). I would LOVE to have another one...absolutely LOVE it. But my problem is, I just want the pregnancy and a BABY...I don't want all that growing up stuff :-).
Hope all works out for ya!!! Really, I do! ;-)
Girl, I am with you. I don't have the right parts anymore, and I am pushing 40, but every time I hold a baby I get the fever.
I bet this will pass, but if it doesn't....well, I'll still love ya crazy self!
I got the baby fever at about 42. I kept my little nephew for the weekend.. After that, I was over it...lol
Just teasing you.. God Bless you whatever you do.. Bunches of hugs...
ARE YOU CRAZY WOMAN???
Babies are great!!! But so are growing-up kids that are fun to talk with, walk on their own, don't cause you to carry diapers and bottles everywhere you go!!!
Think long and hard!!! Then whatever you decide is cool with me!!! :D
This always happens when your baby grows up and your friends are having more babies. I'm done and happy with my two, but I still think and feel like you are....
DEEP breaths, patti.
But not the Lamaze types of breathing, mind ya!
I know, I know, I've been MIA for weeks.
But....I think I'm back.
Can't help talk you out of it right now 'cause I'm wantin one myself! I miss my baby boy...he has grown up so much in the past 6 months. I say go for it!
I would have love to have had another baby, but my body dissagreed. Now I just get to enjoy grandbabies...whhich is nice because I get the fun part and not the ick part.
Hey if my kid ends up being the demon seed (and we all know that is a very real possibility since, ya know, genetics) I might let you have him/her/it.
Deal?
Did you just say you want to be eaten by an astronaut.
I haven't even said stuff like that......yet. lol
I guess a woman has those feeling, I sure as hell don't.
Well maybe the sex part.
I have an idea, just practice making babies and evewry now and againg buy some diapers and put them on Rieley.
We'd never tell Stacy about this, Patti! Your secret is safe in the Blogosphere! :D)
Post a Comment