Isn't my kid the coolest?
She can run a front-end loader... in pigtails no less. She's a rockstar like her Mamma who used to tear down Transmissions for a living. Rawwrrr....

What odd job did you have that would surprise me? Feel free to make something up (*cough*Grant*cough*) OR if you would rather just tell me what the coolest job you could ever do would entail.
26 comments:

Well, I guess the oddest job that you may not think I'd ever do was a forklift operator at a water meter factory.

The coolest job? I guess it'd be a wildlife rehabilitation specialist.

Or Viggo Mortensens pillow case....THAT certainly wouldn't suck. ;)

Nothing really cool - I am so boring....LOL

And what true southern girl CAN'T do something mechanical? I used to work on Daddy's 65 mustang with him.....

Anonymous

I got one better than Cheeky...I put together my 65 Mustang. Body work, engine, transmission, everything. It was the only way my Dad was going to let me have a car was if I worked on one.

Doesn't help now. Cars now are so complicated that I just dump it off at the mechanics and hope that it doesn't cost me and arm and a leg.

Other than that I've just worked some office jobs and retail jobs. Nothing real interesting.

No real "odd" jobs for me either ... vet tech? That was the oddest for me. I can tell you my GROSS-est job - and that would be Chambermaid. Nothing like cleaning up after other people ... unless you've been a chambermaid - you have NO idea. G R O S S !!

Stacy PQ- Yep I can't quite picture you driving a forklift but it sounds like fun!

Cheeky- You are anythiny BUT boring sweetie! I used to help Stacy work on the racecar too!

Shell- Get a car you CAN work on. Restore it lovingly and take care of it mechanically. Just a thought. You rock - Mustang! Dang!

Wendy- I can't even imagine. I used to be a Hotel Deskclerk so i've heard some horror stories. Eeeeeek!!!!!!!!!

My oddest job was when I was 8 years old. I used to get picked up in a van and go into Philly to go door to door putting HBO Flyers in ppls mail boxes trying to sell subscriptions.

My coolest job is my current job. I help the men and women over in Iraq stay safe via the technology I help maintain.

I've never really had too odd of a job.

I was once a receptionist for the sales department of an airplane design company (Pemco). And I served as both a clerk and armored vehicle commander in Iraq. Plus I was a janitor 2nd class on the hyperspace freighter "Brindlewort", which sounds cool, but no, space doo-doo is still doo-doo.

I may have made one of those up, but I'll let you decide which one.

Well all of my jobs have been "odd," but the oddest one might have been working on a railroad crew laying track. I did that for one whole summer. I got a great tan and learned all about building railroad tracks. The pay was pretty good too.

Anonymous

She looks so cute and proud! Love it!


I once was a medical part maker in a plant that was 99.9% mexican. And lemme tell you, it was not sanitary like it was supposed to be. (only because of the language barrier)

I have no odd jobs that would surprise you. When I was a kid, my parents had chickens. I had to gather the eggs, put the eggs in the egg washer, then crate the eggs for market. I had to feed the chickens. Taking care of those chickens has got to be THE NASTIEST job ever. GROSS! I guess my coolest job was being a mom. I was a stay at home mom. I thought I was a good mother but it seems that I f---ed that up too.

In college, I sewed bows on crotchless underwear. I was paid by the piece, and did it from home.

Glad you're feeling better!

PS. Madison is the cutest front end loader operator I have ever seen.

Man- Your current job is very cool :)

Bella- You could have made up one LOL

Grant- You never disappoint me. I'm guessing you were never actually a space janitor....

Mike- Great tan - good pay. Sign me up! LOL

TMP- Ewww!!! The unsanitariness and language barrier would seriously bug me!

Daisy- My parents had chickens for awhile and they are nasty little creatures. I am sure you did not mess up being a Mom. You can only do so much then it's up to them.

Lelo- Okay, that sounds interesting! Thanks honey.

Daisy- Awww i'll tell her u said so

my best job was being a buddy for an old man who was once my math and english tutor!! After I was done with that part of school I helped him clean his house and walk the dog but then we'd go out for lunch together and on long walks together and I'd do less and less cleaning and he'd pay me more and more and as I grew older I realized he was just paying me for the company and that he was lonely when I left. I never saw his family and he was the nicest old man...he made me appreciate Shakespeare and I love "The Merchant of Venice" to this day as I recall him playing the part of Shylock with a glass of red wine in one hand and a bag of loose change in the other!!! And I would play the others. I recall getting rich as he'd give me a dollar for every LONG division I'd get right when he tutored me in math...how could you not ace a test with a man like him.

RIP Mr. Wildman

BEM - How wonderful you were able to be in each others lives! Old people are such a treasure. :) I love your story.

I can't beat your job, but ... I did work at Dunkin Donuts - I was the girl that decorated the donuts - it was fun!

Have a good day - Kellan

A true Southern girl! Kick butt
and do it looking good!


She is such a DOLL!!!

HUGS!!

Hmm, I once worked in a Chinese restaurant and had to serve people with chopsticks, and sometimes that didn't go so slickly...

Lets see, I ran a brothel, worked as an architect, delivered ice to places that make Deliverance look like a picnic, shot at delivering ice.
Ran a hockey camp for small kids once.
Once was enough.
The kids were ok it was the parents pffffft

driving a tractor,cropping (sometimes) and slinging tobacco in the summer time...when I was a teenager...it was also some of the best times of my life. Man oh man the good looking older shirtless guys that worked with us...Mmmm...Mmmmm...hard work but lots of fun and good memories....

Good post!

The weirdest job I ever had was burning crap in Vietnam. Stiring for a complete burn was the highlight.

Odd job? I was inspected ceramic bathroom accessories for imperfections. Like the soap dishes and toilet paper holders that you see in hotels. At the time, I hated it. But now, working in the hellhole that I do - I'd give anything to have that crummy, low-paying job again. At least I didn't have to talk to people.

MJ

I got the lucky job of cleaning out our hog house with a high pressure sprayer. Nothing like hog shit splashing up in your mouth and going home after 8 hours smelling like the stuff.

Well, the coolest job that I'd *like* to have is being a King Crab fishergirl on Deadliest Catch. Seriously. I would sell one of my kidneys to do that job.

But...for now, I guess I'll keep being Police Girl. It's real cool(please note thick sarcasm). Especially when drunk a-holes kick you in the shins and puke in the back of your patrol car. Woohoo.

I have really had what I call a "Kris Kristofferson List of jobs from construction to water sealing parking garages to helicopter television news reporting. I've driven tour buses and pickup trucks, limos and anchored news too. It's all strange, Patti!