That title sounds exciting eh? Don't get your undies in a twist just yet. No picture to accompany this post (lazy) and really not alot went on.
Oh yeah, I still have my sanity :) I had Brittany from Friday night to Sunday night along with Madison. On one hand they do play together and keep each other occupied but oh the nit-picking, arguing, etc. It reminds me why i'm glad I only have one kid!
We went to church on Sunday (and no I did NOT burst into flames when I walked into the narthex).
I really enjoyed Saint Matthews. It was alot for Stacy to take in (having been raised a southern baptist) but he seems agreeable also. He didn't know what to do with the communion wafer (I hissed put it in your mouth!) and commented on the communion wine being strong (i've always found it to be delicious) hehe.... He really is a good sport about things.
His fishing trip to Santee with the boys is this week-end and me & Madison are supposed to go to the MIL's to the Rice Festival in Walterboro. I hope everything pans out.
Right now just let me get through this work week!
Too Salty for my Own Good
8 years ago

I love festivals!
FIRSH BISHES!
Hope your week goes by quickly! I like festivals too!
Cheeky- And you know the south is rife with them. My favorite (name of one) around here, the Chitlin' Strut in Bethune, SC.
Daisy- Thank you honey, me too. Me too! Me too! Did I say me too?! LOL
I have a feeling it's going to be one VERY long week! GAH!!!
Has Cheeky been drinking this
morning or is she still on her
weekend high?
I've never been big on going to
Church. Glad you like to though.
I will wish you a speedy week! I
also wish you a BIG roll of tape
to put over the mouths of your
less than intellegent co-workers.
HUGS!
Glad you didn't burst into flames!
Did you take Helga to church with you? If not, I claim her soul in the name of Satan.
Stacy PQ- Gah ME TOO! Pure hell...
Laurie- I enjoy church but i'm not a "churchy" pushy type person. I have my own quiet spiritual beliefs and do not like so preach to anyone. Does that make sense?
Katie- I know that would have been quite upsetting for Madison!
Grant- She has no soul.... Muahhaaaa
sounds like you had a relaxing "kids weekend". Hope your week rushes by and takes you and Madison to the festival quickly.
Chelle- Well it wasn't relaxing, more like nerve wracking! LOL Thanks!
Our kids were all 8 years apart. I am not at all sure how people have them so close together. Yeah, the playing together from time to time is great, but the nit-picking and bickering (overall and in general) is a pain.
Quiet weekends are the best.
Anyone raised southern baptist (I was, so I can say this!) has a lot of adjustment when they go to other churches, but we had communion wafers, so what is Stacy's problem?? LOL!!
I hope your week goes by quickly with less child(ish) conflict at work than you had at home for the weekend! But considering where you work ......
:D
i didn't even know what the word narthex meant until a few months ago.
wow. i remember watching that clock when i watched other people's children along with my own. always shocked at the difference in other's children from your own. bleh! glad you got through the weekend and i'm sure the girls had fun!
;)
~m
I don't like church...they are not fond of the gay folks...we are also not fond of them & the judging, especially when you consider all the crap churches have pulled over time.
I have no problem with God, just his fan club.
The bursting into flames in the narthex is funny stuff!!! :-)
My Mom came to a service a month or so ago and we were doing communion. She is Southern Baptist too and was so confused about whether to drink from the wine chalice or dip in it (we dip by intention). It was really pretty funny to see her get worked up by it (although I'm not sure if that should amuse me or not. lol)
Hope you have a great week!!
Dude, if holy water does not give me blisters, you are totally safe. What denomination is St. Matthews?
I think I would enjoy the Santee fishing trip. I could use a break. I was in my buddies mistake um I mean wedding and I could not believe I actually went up for communion. Some of my friends gave me space just to make sure they did not catch fire if I exploded into flames.
Mike- I don't know how my mother put up with FIVE kids! Seriously.
Lynilu- He had never had a communion wafer,perhaps they used soda crackers and grape juice. I dunno... Yep considering where I work is right!
Namaste- I have to say I have a new appreciation for Carrie. I miss her *sniffle*
Pack of 2- I TOTALLY know what you mean. Totally. I would also stand up to anyone who made a prejudiced remark whether it be sexual,racial,gender,ageist whatever in "name of the church".
Cheryl- Hey amusement is amusement ;) I hadn't been to church regularly in many years but I think i've found my church home in Darlington. Madison needs it as well :)
SFG- LOL I thought of you when I walked in too. Episcopalian. Heathens to you catholics although we do mention the holy catholic church in the book of common prayer quite a lot.
Man- Bwaa haaa I know what you mean. God is a loving God though (in my opinion). I sort of pictured him nudging Jesus going "Hey look who we hooked out of bed this Sunday - the T*nd*ls"
I'm glad you still have your sanity. I nearly lost mine at least twice!
;->...
Take care!!
Gleds- Hang onto it - sanity is VERY important you know :)
Glad you had a good weekend. Hope you are also having a good Monday - see you soon - Kellan
Kellan- You too sweetie!
Yeah but its entertasining to watch the kids pick at each other and then try and find a compromise lol
I don't waffers for communion, just pizza and beer
Walker- It was NOT entertaining to me, however Tranzine was.
Post a Comment