Friday Night Easter Doings
This is the outfit she wore to school for her Easter party.
The doll dressed in a frog outfit is her new baby "Trisha" (named after me but no one calls me Trisha. Go figure)

I kinda got these out of synch but she was preparing to put stickers on the colored eggs!

Daddy finally allowed her to lift her own egg out of the dye (yep she dropped it after the picture snapped - but then ate it! LOL)

Brittany was there to help too, this is her "special" Jasmine egg!

Here are some of the colored effors. It was so much fun and brought back so many memories. I haven't done this in YEARS but now will be doing it for quite a few years it looks like. I love it!

Here is the dye beforehand (stop laughing at my cup assortment - it's called "eclectic" people LOL). I was enjoying sniffing the vinegar-y goodness of the easter egg dye. I know, i'm weird!


Okay am I too much of a smartass if I point out that i'm shocked none of my neighbors (not next door but neighborhood) have put up an Easter Bunny on a Cross. They seem to love Santa Claus kneeling at Jesus in the manger at Christmas time. For some reason that annoys the ever living !@#$%^&*(+!@#!! out of me!
31 comments:

I always loved dying Easter eggs with my kids.

I miss dying eggs! Looks like it was fun for you guys though!

And I have to say that I am loving! Madison's jumper in that first pic. LOL You truly are the monogram queen, my dear. If anyone ever had a doubt. :)

Daisy- You & Man could always dye some... :)

Jenie- It was a blast. Thank you :)

I just LOVE these pics. Easter is SO much fun!!

God, I have not dyed eggs in forever. Looked fun.

Before I read your comment about the "eclectic" assortment of cups, I saw the picture and started laughing! It reminds me of what I used. My hub couldn't stand the "eclectic" quality; he'd always get out matching cups! LOL!

I loved the egg decorating process. It became an art form at my house, with the kids (and the adults) applying designs or scenes with markers, as well as the traditional dying techniques. I'm sure we used markers that weren't safe sometimes, but no one died ... they just dyed. BWA hahahaha!

OK, I'm done.

Maddie's outfit is precious!

Have a good week!!

Hmmmm do it outside and save the floor, i got to remember that.

It's fun sitting with the kids painting eggs.
On Easter we pick eggs and smack them to see who has the strongest egg.
I bought a wooden one this year, shhhhh.

Very cute pics....I love those overalls!

Happy late Easter.

Ha! My Mother can't stand it when people mix in Santa Claus with the Manger either!! You two would have a BLAST over the telephone!

Patti: Maddie is really growing like a stalk of corn. That smile is so infectious! She could overtake "Hannah Montana"!!!:D

Cheryl- Thank you, yes it is fun!

SFG- What's stopping you? Dye them for Gage & Reba!

Lynilu- Glad someone else is "eclectic" as well! Matching cups - bah! I have a feeling the competition over the egg dying/decorating is really going to heat up in the coming years! Thank you, I love thoe o'alls too and think they will probably get saved. For what, I dunno LOL

Walker- I love it! You are the most ingenious man I know!

tommie- Yep I thought you'd appreciate their cuteness although one of my niece's dared to insinuate they are a bit "over the top". As if. *sniff*

Michael- Oh I bet we would too hehe...
Yes she is growing... *sigh*

ooooh, love those pastel-colored dyes! and how about that dungaree jumper with her name on it- i LOVE it! she looks great. glad yall had fun with dying the eggs.

;) ~m

Anonymous

I used to love coloring eggs! Now I wanna play too:)

That first pic was super cute of her.

LOL about the Santa thing.

Namaste- Thank you, she loved the outfit too and the attention she received *smirk*

Pack of 2- Y'all can still color eggs - I bet Swoopie would help!

We had fun dying easter eggs too. That is the cutest outfit on your little girl...Love the overalls!

Chelle- Isn't dying eggs the greatest?! Thank you!

We colored eggs too. Love it!! Happy Easter!

I smell egg. OH that must be at
your house. HA! I lucked out this
year. Josh is to old to do those
now.
So, I'll just have to wait till we
get my step-grandson and do some
with him.

You cup assortment looks like mine
always did. If it gets the job done
then it shouldn't matter.

HUGS!

Anonymous

Coloured eggs; yeah!

Wendy- One of the cooleste traditions eh?!

Laurie- If anything dye them for yourself! My eclectic cups rock!

Gleds- Glad you approve ;)

ok HOLY CRAP, where did u get that outfit, because Boo would be all over that...thats adorable..

she is more of a dress person, but she would love that..

;)

Anonymous

They still make the little dye tablets that you dissolved in vinegar? I thought by now they would have deemed that cancer causing or something like that.

Looks like you had a great Easter!

Anonymous

I hate the smell of vinegar. Actually it can give me a migraine. Probably explains why I just don't do it....

They are great colors!

Maddie is just a cutie!

They have a huge Easter egg hunt in town here every year. It has been going on for years with hundreds and hundreds of kids. This year, for the first time ever, it was canceled due to the snow storm.

A few hours later, a friend of mine who is part of the group that puts on the egg hunt showed up at my door with 4 dozen colored eggs and told me to enjoy. No need to color eggs around here.

FFM- Mad is just getting into dresses but she likes the "special" clothes I get for her! A budding fashionista!

Shell- I know, right but they are the same as is the metal thingy you dip the eggs with!!!

TMP- Thanks, she is rather cute. I will sniff the vinegar for both of us :)

Anonymous

Hehe great photos!
I love dying Easter eggs, I think it's one of my favorite things to do, EVER. I'd do it, kids or no kids lmao

Christie- YOU my dear have the right attitude!

Wow, you have very strange neighbors! I wouldn't know what to think...

Your assortment of cups reminds me of my own supply of dishes. I've never owned a set of anything, nor do i really have the desire to!

I love Maddie's overalls!

Hugs,
Betty

Mike- We must have been posting at the same time last night! Wow you lucked out but boo hiss for the kiddos who missed out.

Betty- Honey until you've lived in the Deep South you don't know about "strange" but most are lovably strange I must say! Thank you for the compliments on the o'alls. They were a big hit!

Anonymous

Looks like you guys had a great time with the eggs. I so remember those days. And trying different styles to do it. Glad to see sunshine and green grass. :-)

those overalls are just THE cutest...where did you get them...of course it doesn't hurt that the little girl wearing them is the cutest also!!! LOL

afod- I look forward to it even more as she gets older!

BEM- Thank you, off of eBay if you can believe it!